EPIC Voyager

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

EPIC Voyager

Post by Rawla »

EPIC Voyager
TS4 Ruleset for EPIC

I'm creating for myself this thread to note the experience I have in this challenge. This will not be written as a story and probably boring too. But its a nice place for me to put my notes and share. Teresa with Jenn's help is converting the EPIC challenge to TS4. I decided to give it a try. What's one more challenge, right?

Here is my founder: Keon Voyager
I was going to use Jonah Cobbler but chose another at the last minute.

Keon Voyager is actually the 3rd born child in my 100 Hive story, Braydon Hive. I changed his name and traits for this challenge as having another Hive generational challenge would over-use that last name. So Keon Voyager it is. And this is what he looks like.

Clothing make-over before and after:
Spoiler:
Generation 1 rules:
Spoiler:
((Disclaimer: I copied this from the rules for easier access. It is not my work. Please see link at the top of this post for full rule set.))

Generation 1 - Garden of Eden
Must plant a garden on the lot. Founder should choose a lot with easy access to a fishing hole.
House may only be wood or stone, with a dirt, stone, or wood floor. Wooden windows are allowed.
Electricity has not yet been invented, so NO lights (except candles/torches) or electronics.
Toilet must be placed outside, outhouse-style (except without the “house” part…so no walls enclosing it).
No showers allowed, and the tub must be placed outside (I.E. filled with pond water).
Since there is no running water, sprinklers may not be used.
Only the cheapest washing machine is allowed, and no dryer (just the clothes line).
Male founder or male spouse must enroll in the astronaut or gardening career. A female founder or female spouse must enroll in the culinary or gardening career.
Women must have babies at home - NO hospital.
No vacation travel (planes haven't been invented yet).
Can only gain athletic skill from the weight bench, jogging or swimming.
2nd generation heir must get to level 5 skill of two of the following before he/she becomes a YA: gardening, fishing, cooking.
No phone use (they haven't been invented yet). Must go to others' houses to visit/meet someone. May travel within the town (through loading screens but not on vacation).

Gen 1 Mini Challenge:
NO fridge allowed until the founder or spouse reaches level 10 of his/her chosen career. Sims must eat from their own garden. Before their garden is providing food, they will have to find others’ gardens from which to eat. +3 points
Last edited by Rawla on November 13th, 2018, 1:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: EPIC Voyager

Post by Rawla »

So the rules for Gen 1 are pretty fun. Keon will have a 1 room house, a toilet outside, no electricity and a garden...etc. He can be placed on any lot. So I have to decide which one I want him to inhabit. This'll be fun since I currently have no clue even what neighborhood/world I wish to use. Perhaps it'll come to me when I push that :check: button.
Since Keon needs to plant a garden, I'm starting out in the Spring season.
I chose the Willow Creek neighborhood and the Daisy Hovel lot, which I bulldozed.
He has 18,000 simoleons to begin building his 1-room home.
Edit to add:

I feel like I'm forgetting something he'll need but for now, this is his rustic wooden studio cabin. With garden boxes waiting to be used. I bought 1 fruit starter seeds and 1 vegetable starter seeds for him to work with.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

I just realized at 2 o'clock in the morning, that his outfits do not match the time period I see him living in. I'll have to give him a make-over soon. I'm almost tempted to use Jonah Cobbler after all. Soooo indecisive! I'll sleep on it and see what I do next time I play.

Edit:
Here we go. Much better. Now its time for me to sleep.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Nice house! I have this challenge on my list of things to do at some point... lol

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

mojot89 wrote:Nice house! I have this challenge on my list of things to do at some point... lol
Thanks!
I forgot the major patch was coming out today. I would have waited. As it is, I took out my mods folder and my saves folder. Just in case. I'll go play with it soon to see about that Positivity Challenge.

Patch Notes was awesome!
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

Your founder and starter lot look nice. I hadn't heard about this challenge, it looks really interesting.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”