Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R5/Renaisse - 6/20/2016

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R5/Renaisse - 6/20/2016

Post by Keika »

ImageImage

Welcome to Clitheroe: A BaRKC! This'll be my first go at this challenge, so let's see what happens!

I am using a modified set of Build A Royal Kingdom Challenge rules, found here. I'm still playtesting them, and do tweak them occasionally, but feel free to take a look!

Chapter List

Prologue: One Part Starstuff

Rounds One and Two [Stats] Round Three [Stats] Round Four [Stats] Round Five

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Keika on June 19th, 2016, 5:43 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - Prologue - 10/6/2015

Post by Lorinsv »

Cool beginning, I look forward to reading your challenge :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Okay, before I even start reading the prologue I just want to share with you that I literally just went "YASSS" when I saw this, and then laughed at myself. :shifty:

*reads prologue*

THIS IS AWESOME. I love it already! :hug:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Oh my gosh the link(siggy) works now yay!
Spoiler:
Haha, Boer is a bit mischievous. Though he is your creation after all. The neighborhood is so pretty. I would have chosen in for the rainbows too.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Lorinsv:

Thanks! :)

Anne:
Spoiler:
Thanks so much! That's so flattering! :) I'm glad you like it so much! Thanks again for the comment! :D
Pony:
Spoiler:
:haha: , yes he is. ^^ Thanks, I put a lot of work into sprucing it up. With spruce trees, among other things. ;) Thanks for the comment, Pony! :D
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

NEW KEIKA STORY!
Ahem...okay I'll try to stay calm. No promises though.
Neat prologue and whahoo another royal kingdom challenge for me to read.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Blond simself now? Cool. I haven't done that for Ani-Mei yet, it looks too weird to see me blond. Nice beginning, what about your other one? I know you had another started. An EPIC right? Anyway, nice chappie.
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Spoiler:
Yay! New challenge!

I'm not familiar with this challenge, but I'm interested to see where you go with it. I guess I'll just have to read the rules. Bleh, rules.

I like Beor. He seems like a bit of a brat, but a snarky brat. It'll be interesting to see where he features in this challenge.

So, the founder is your simself, but looking different. Plot twist! But seriously, she looks really cool.

Not much to say at the moment, but I can't wait to see more of this challenge!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Mystery:

Thanks, Mystery! :D I'm glad you liked it, and that you got so excited! ;D Thanks a bunch!

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I usually stick to brunette for my simself, but this particular setup called for some specific changes. Hair color, eye color, facial tattoos, wings, wardrobe, even paler skin... I even took her eyebrows off for her god form. ^^

I did have a Test of Time challenge (not an EPIC) that I wrote a prologue to, and got so excited over the premise that I posted the prologue before I knew I could stick with it. Once the prologue was out and I started in on the challenge itself, I realized that it was going to take an incredible amount of work and would turn into a time commitment that I couldn't keep. Rosie, who I had brainstormed a lot of the future plot with, was sad that I was dropping it, so the project got passed to her. She played half a round in the first family before coming to the same realization I did. So, I deleted everything I had about it on the internet and decided to forget it had ever happened.

About a year later, I got the files back from Rosie and looked into reviving it, but again, far too much work. In a way, Clitheroe is sort of a spiritual successor to that one; it has an evolving pantheon and mythology (which will occasionally include cameos from other simselves; that's all I'll say about that ;)) and features a growing civilization. Other than that, yeah, that test of time is dead.
Jessie:
Spoiler:
Hooray! You're here to read said new challenge! :)

It's a fun one. I'm having a blast with it, though I wish you luck sitting down through all those rules. Bleh, rules.

I like Beor, too. I have some veeeeery special plans for him. ^^

Yup! Couldn't resist! :haha: Thanks, I had a fun time making her over as a god. ^^

Thanks, Jessie! :D I'll be posting the first chapter this Friday. Thanks again!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

BWAHAHAHAAAA! :rotfl: Oh, goody! I can already tell that this is going to be a blast to read.

BTW, your posing is spot-on amazing, as usual. I'd ask how you DID that (especially
Spoiler:
the part where you give up your godhood
, but the answer is "mods and CC," of course, as well as one heck of a lot of work.

I love how you already have some foreshadowing, and plot coming, and Beor is so much fun. And
Spoiler:
incoming simselves? Cool! Feel free to use me and abuse me, if you want. There should be a link to my simself in my siggie. I'm a Libra Family/Knowledge and straight, but if you do use me and abuse me, I won't count on you sticking to that, so never mind. Heck, I'm also inordinately fond of grilled cheese, and you know how romantically inclined I can be, and I love to make friends and have a great time playing games and enjoying the luxuries of life, and ... Yeah. Seriously, though, I love it when you involve the simselves, like you did with the Vis Bachelor Challenge.
Good luck with your schedule. I know how challenging it can be to stick to, so although I'll be eager for your updates, I promise not to poke you too many times.

Well, maybe just a little.

What happens neeeeeeext? :begging:
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Amani Ceberlandon

Post by Amani Ceberlandon »

Spoiler:
Cool start.
Beor seems um fun? Looks like he could probably cause problems though. *snort*
But what's life without a little drama right?
Ah forgetting to set up a house before getting rid of your godly powers. Classic.
Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R1-2/Rheingold - 10/9/2015

Post by Keika »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Hi, Michelle! :wave: Thanks for the comment!

Actually, all the posing in this prologue was done through in-game methods. The part where sim-Keika is giving up her godly powers? That's the fun desperation animation. Look closely. ;)

I'll be sure to have your simself at the top of the list for cameo appearances. :) Thanks again! :D
Amani Ceberlandon:
Spoiler:
Thanks! Heh, Beor might cause problems. I dunno, I just work here. ;) Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Amani!
Everyone:

Hear ye, hear ye! The first official chapter of Clitheroe is up for grabs! *rings bell*
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
First of all..dang I want your palace. Did you really build that? If so I bow down before your amazing architectural skills.
Gardening didn't work out so well huh? Well I guess it worked out enough to get the Pokerhouse built. Yay!
I've never been able to make myself jack up the price on my venues....obviously I'm missing out here....
So romance sim husband huh? Well don't let Beor rain on your parade...I'm sure everything will be fine.
I'm sure he's gonna be a great king and husband. Just cause he's romantic doesn't mean he's got to be the cheating sort.
Bwhwahahahaha he knows you're pregnant before you do. Oh Beor whatever will we do with you?
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Yay!
Spoiler:
I love how I update after you, but I've updated on the eighth and you updated on the ninth. Time zones are fun!
Keika had an awesome week! I love that castle, your building skills make me envious. *turns green* Looks like you've got the peasants lined up to start. I can't wait to meet them.
Ryan and Keika make an adorable couple. Hopefully Ryan will be able to contain his romance nature.

Lol of course Beor's up to mischief. A sim after my own heart.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Your writing style is very fun to read, I'm really enjoying it!
Spoiler:
Ah, yes, there's nothing like the goldmine venue strategy to get a kingdom off and running!
And I can't find enough superlatives for that castle, so I'll just say WOW!
*thumbs way up*
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Mystery:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I did build my own palace. And I accept your bow. *looks into middle distance* Really, what I did was I googled images of palaces, and cherry-picked my favorite features, slipping in my own ideas where I thought they might look good. ^^

Nope, gardening was a dud. :haha: I was really surprised to get a harvest at all!

That ticket machine is the single best way to make money in the game. It's just so OP that I don't really use it except in special circumstances.

Yup, romance sim husband. I didn't realize until I'd already written him in. :duh: I'm actually not completely sure what I'm going to do with him yet... we'll just have to see what his wants look like as the rounds go on. So far, he's been nice and faithful. I like him. ^^

Beor. :roll: Thanks for reading and commenting, Mystery! :D
Pony:
Spoiler:
PONY. This is Keika. I am speaking to you from... THE FUTURE! (Dun dun DUN!) No really, time zones are hilarious. :haha:

Thanks! It took me the better part of two days to build and furnish that castle. Worth it in the end though, I think. ^^ I'm glad you've liked it!

Beor's great fun. :lol: Thanks for the comment! :D
Lorinsv:

Thanks! I feel like this is a bit of a risk for me, since the style is quite a bit different from my last couple of challenges, so I'm really glad you're enjoying it! :)
Spoiler:
Oooh yes. That goldmine of an OP ticket venue. :yes: I can't have the queen living like a peasant for the next generation or two, after all!

Thanks so much! That castle took ages to build; I'm so glad you like it! :D Thanks for stopping by with the comment!
Thanks! :thup:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yippee!
Spoiler:
Keika, that CASTLE :uhoh: It is gorgeous and HUGE. How long did it take you to build that thing?
I like your strategy, with the $9999 goldmine thingy. I've used it a few times myself, but I never though of starting out that way. Smart!
Béor is hilarious, I hope he'll pop in more often! And I can't wait to see the baby, and Imelda's update! :)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
:D The better part of two days of play. I watched two movies while I was doing the interior. I don't have a count for the exterior, but I'm guessing about the same amount of time, if not longer. All told? Probably between six and eight hours. ^^

Thanks! It did make getting the kingdom kickstarted a whole lot easier. ^^

Thanks! Beor is a blast to write. ^^ Thanks for the comment, Anne! :cookie:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Rheingold, nice name. Got your German myths in line I see. I never used the $9999 venue method, I went with three motherloads instead for my king. My nobels got two and Merchants and Peasants got none. Eventful first weeks though, the garden was nice while it lasted. Anyway looking forward to the first little princess arriving.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Actually I picked it up during research for potential names for a totally different challenge I was mulling over. Didn't even know there was a German myth associated with it. Now I'll have to look it up!

Yeah, I saw that motherloding was part of the original ruleset, but I decided I really kind of wanted my kingdom to grow organically rather than cheating in money. Not that the ticket machine goldmine strategy is much better than cheating, but still. :P

Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”