Question about University

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Question about University

Post by Sam »

Exactly what it is says on the tin, how do you guys play university?

Because I'm really struggling with it.

If a sim takes 4 classes a semester, they graduate in 3 weeks, but I end up feeling overwhelmed with deadlines, and bored by the fact the gameplay is just going to class & home again. There isn't time for anything else. I think in an ideal world, I would play 2 classes a semester, but then it would take 6 weeks to graduate! I play on normal lifespan, sims only get just under 7 weeks of YA & adulthood combined!! There wouldn't be much time left after graduation - I know I could just give them a youth potion or something, but I play rotationally and like having my sims age in sync with others in the save.

So I'm curious: how do you play with university? How many classes do your sims take?
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Question about University

Post by Salem »

I've been wondering the same thing lately as I'm getting ready to start plahying university with some of my challenge households. 12 credits is just so much to do on top of the rest of YA things and it takes so long that it doesn't even makes sence, so I decided for now to start by dowloading one of the "shorter university degrees" mods that makes it to only take 8 credits, I wanna test out this before taking some other meassuers as I''ve been toying with the idea to play a rotational BaCC in this game... :fisty:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

When I play it, I take 4 classes. They start high enough in a career that it is okay if they don't graduate until right before they age to Adult. If they are going to have a family, they don't do it as a single parent. But I also won't send two sims to school at once - only one gets to go at a time. I am normally playing challenges so most of my sims don't go to university unless it is part of the challenge because they have other goals to complete instead.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Salem wrote:so I decided for now to start by dowloading one of the "shorter university degrees" mods that makes it to only take 8 credits
That's probably something I should consider, too. 12 credits is just too much during YA, when they're also focusing on their aspirations and (sometimes) dating.
Teresa wrote:most of my sims don't go to university unless it is part of the challenge because they have other goals to complete instead
I'm thinking about this too - most of my sims at the moment don't go as I have other things I'd rather have them do. I think my problem is when they go for 4 classes in one term, they don't get much time for anything else!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I always end up taking 3 classes a semester, and like Teresa, I probably wouldn't send more than 1 sim at a time. I did for a tiny bit as one was finishing her last classes while the other is on semester 3 but I can struggle still too. It feels like there is a lot to do. I also almost always make sure, when they are in class, to choose Actively Listen, and if I can. I also tend to take them close to whatever building they need to go to for class and do my homework on a bench near there. I'm getting better at balancing, and I can usually do it with 3 courses a lot easier, and while it takes a bit longer, but they still have some time to be a YA.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”