New careers coming in December.

Lorsty

New careers coming in December.

Post by Lorsty »

So, according to Kotaku, the next content patch will come out in December and it will include two new careers: Business and Athletic. Also, each career will get two branches ("management" and "investor" for Business; "bodybuilder" and "professional athlete" for Athletic.

Personally, while I'm happy to see these professions added to the game, I would have preferred something like Medicine and Politics. Just imagine, a Sim in the political career may become President of the Free World... or an Anarchist! :shifty:

Anyway, what do you guys think of the careers they'll add?
Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Re: New careers coming in December.

Post by Ellenyarai »

I'm ok with what they're adding, but I would love to see ...stranger occupations. One of the few things I enjoyed about sims 3 was all of the occupation options. I know there will probably be plenty to come in expansions but I'm impatient XD
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Only two I guess that's a good start and more will come in eps or what not. I wonder after Dec if they will continue their monthly updates or stop.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I hope they continue. Honestly, this has all been stuff that should have been in base.

I'm happy to see a couple of new occupations. The ones now are getting a bit...boring.
Laura

Post Counts

Post by Laura »

Eek! I have not seen that release yet. I'm super excited for more careers. I've already had Sims complete all of the other ones. (I play A LOT.) I think those will go well with many of the trait options we have.

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Eeeeek! Im happy with them careers, i mean - its better then nothing, and its cool that theyre adding them for free and we dont have to wait for an expansion.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

They seem to be adding a lot of stuff for free. It's strange. I always thought EA was trying squeeze as much money from us as possible. Maybe they've turned over a new leaf?
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Word is that the careers are coming on December 16th.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Yaaaay! Im starting to get bored of the current careers, i feel like there isnt enough!
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thank goodness I need new careers. I'm interested to see the patch notes and what they have fixed. Then it's waiting for word on new expansion.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Starting to feel like Sims 4 has become an MMORPG rather than an actual normal Sims, EA's answer to Squeenix's Final Fantasy 14...
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

I think that maybe they're just using the fact that sims 4 is only digital, so they can update whatever whenever and everyone will get it automatically, then they don't have to add bug fixes to an expansion that not everyone will buy. Or content that should have been in the basegame. This also means that they can make something that doesn't fit an expansion and still release it to us. If they're that nice...
Excited for the new stuff tomorrow! (If they release it on time...)
Sheesh I'm being really negative... Sorry about that. I really do love EA, after all, no EA, no sims, and that would be a tragic world. Not to mention this new game is awesome! *crosses fingers* toddlers, please put them back in eventually. *continues crossing fingers*
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

The update is out people, currently updating my game as we speak.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Ok, just some thoughts. I haven't played with the update any longer than about 30 minutes, but I think it's enough to give me a good first impression.

The Good
- Expecting parents now get family time, which was noticeably missing from the launch product
- The UI has been improved: the aspiration icon now shows the individual sim's aspiration and the career panel has been revamped (for the better)
- The requirements for promotion have been changed. For kids, they've been made a lot easier by the looks of it. I can't tell yet with careers, but they do look fairly straight forward

The Bad
- I do not like the grimy look for sims in hygiene failure at all. It's so distracting. Urgh, I can't wait for the mod that axes it.
- The requirements are glitchy. Example: one of my sims is in the criminal career path and his next requirement to promotion is to reach level 2 of the handiness skill. His actual handiness level? 5. What the requirements think he's at? 0. Fixit.

The Inbetween
- They've tweaked the lighting. I can't tell if it's been tweaked for the better though because I have the mod that fixes it, so everyone has a very bizarre ethereal glow. I'll remove the mod and see if it improves.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I really like the update too, i wasnt expecting so much to be changed! Im loving the changed career/school requirements, makes it alot more realistic and do-able as thats something i was really struggling with.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Abby wrote:I really like the update too, i wasnt expecting so much to be changed! Im loving the changed career/school requirements, makes it alot more realistic and do-able as thats something i was really struggling with.
Absolutely! Have 2 skills at level 4 and go to school energised is just too much to get a child off a C!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Amen. I was barely getting children and teens to a B, then I typically gave up.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thirded. I was slavedriving my poor kid trying to get him to at least a B, and every day he comes home from school and the game tells you how much he sucks and guilt trips you for not meeting the requirements. :roll: School made easier will be a much appreciated patch.

EDIT: My poor slavedriven kid managed to fulfill TWO childhood aspirations before he aged up, thanks to the easier requirements. :D Also, I noticed that you can now see sims' ages (elder/young adult/teen/whatevs) under their names now. Big relief to me, since I was looking at the walkbys thinking, "Are you a teenager? No no no, you're an adult. Um..."
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I'm interested to see how many requirements have changed. The get 6 friends especially for entertainer was really annoying. I like new the new careers though now logic wasn't used for many.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

How do you all like the new careers & requirements?

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”