Constant Mourning

Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Constant Mourning

Post by Abby »

Am I the only one that has to deal with CONSTANT mourning from my sims at gravestones in the game? Seriously, its so annoying!
I've got three graveyards on my lot that are out of the boundary so cant be deleted, and my family is constantly mourning at them!

Anyone got a solution, I dont want to have to move households as I love the lot theyre on at the minute, it's very prettyful. :(
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Constant Mourning

Post by Sam »

If you find a solution, I'd love to hear it. My sims seem to want to mourn a lot, too!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hmm, I'm guessing they're in such a location that you can't move them either? The only "workaround" I've found is to make a mausoleum and remove the door. They still attempt to mourn, but can't get there and so just get confused and give up and play with the clay instead. I would also love to hear if anyone knows a way to get them to find some closure and move on!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yes, I hate the constant mourning and will do anything to prevent it. So irritating.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

OMG guys, I think I finally figured it out.

Now, call me stupid but I swear i've never seen a 'put in inventory' for graves that have been 'off-lot' before... but I clicked on it yesterday and there it was - problem solved!

I may have missed it all this time, or maybe its been added in a recent update. Either way, my problem is solved! I can finally move the graves that were off-lot. xD
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

That's fantastic! I've been lucky that all my deaths have happened on the lot, but I will keep that in mind. :)
Avery

Post by Avery »

I haven't really had that problem - I just make sure that when someone dies, I have them constantly do sad things (paint sad paintings, cry in bed, call sadness hotline, etc.)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

For me, the mourning happens long after the sad moodlets have disappeared and access to things like sad paintings has passed, and often happens with urns of sims that the living sim didn't even know . . . like a spouse will mourn a family member from three generations ago. I'm still doing my mausoleum-with-no-door thing so the ghosts can come and go, but I frequently see my sims attempt to go out there when they're on autonomy, or they will be out there already on lot load up. I don't understand why it's so attractive, and I wish there were a way to make it less so. For a recently deceased sim, yes, it makes sense, but after that it gets a little ridiculous as the generations pass.
Whirligig

Post by Whirligig »

Yeah, I have this problem a lot. Best solution I've found is, as people have said, a Mausoleum with a locked door or a locked graveyard. Though the graveyard is less effective because sims can still mourn over the fence.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

If someone wants a mod solution, there is one in this pack of no-autonomy mods. It totally restricts autonomous mourning though. I'm trying to decide if I want to get it. I wish someone would make a *less* autonomous mourning mod, because it'd be nice to have them have the push when they're sad but not all the freaking time afterwards. I'm considering the mod because I'm effectively already stopping them from mourning at all with the no door thing, but at least with the mod they shouldn't be drawn out there to stand around all confused. :/

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”