Sims 4 Worlds

simmerberry14
Steam ID: jamescav14
Origin ID: playermttjms

Sims 4 Worlds

Post by simmerberry14 »

I've been curious how everyone plays their games and one thing I do in particular is something I wanted to talk to other players about, to see if people can give me more ideas and what everyone else does!

So, within one save I play with all the worlds and in another I'm only playing with two/three worlds that suit the setting and theme of that save.

In my save where I'm playing with all the worlds for realism and because I'm picky I play with the idea that some worlds are closer to each other than another world is. So my sim lives in Sulani and her daughter lives in Del Sol Valley with her ex, if her daughter wants to visit, I move her into the household and she stays a few days then I move her back. Sort of to replicate her travelling, whereas if my sim lives in Willow Creek and wants to visit a friend in Brindleton Bay she can go and come back in a day.

This is how I have it all set at the minute, any ideas or feedback? (These are all the worlds I have currently, haven't bought strangerville or jungle adventure [are they any good, should I get them?])

So the dashes are the places closest to each other and then it goes down in order of what's close to those places basically in a horizontal method as that's the best I can do :shrug:

Forgotten Hollow - Glimmerbrook
Willow Creek - Brindleton Bay - Britechester
Granite Falls
Windenburg - Newcrest - Magnolia Promande
San Myshuno - Del Sol Valley
Sulani
Oasis Springs

What does everyone else do?
[align=center]Image
Su-su![/align]
[align=center]In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Worlds

Post by LuckyDuck »

I like the idea of having perceived distances between areas and having people stay over for a few days for that reason. That's a really nice idea.
Also YES DEFINITELY get Strangerville! It's one of my favourite places, great for storytelling. One of my Alternate Universe storylines entirely takes place there. It's such a messed-up place hiding a freaky but awesome secret. Definitely go for it.

I like your general world distance ideas though, they're similar to mine. The only rough distance thing ever mentioned in my stories is that Sulani is a bit further out than everywhere else due to its climate and general geography. I like to think Del Sol Valley and San Myshuno are very close together. In my AltUniverse, Strangerville is quite far-out, probably toward Oasis Springs because of its desert-town-ish look, more of a stop-off town for most people who are heading through it to get elsewhere- but it's been quarantined, due to the strange things happening there. I imagine Selvadorada in Jungle Adventures to be quite far out, but not as far as Sulani. I haven't really played JA yet though. As for the planet Sixam, I imagine it to be somewhere similar distance-wise to Mars.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh that's a fun way to do it. I have it in my head that there is a larger distance, but have never really done anything with it. I do always find it funny that my Name Game kids (who are all mermaids, and none live in Sulani where they grew up) come and visit all the time. I have never really do anything specifically with the distances themselves, but I do think of Sulani as being a fair distance from the rest.

Also, I haven't played with Stangerville, although I want to, but I LOVE Jungle Adventure. I find it so much fun myself. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
simmerberry14
Steam ID: jamescav14
Origin ID: playermttjms

Post by simmerberry14 »

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck wrote:I like the idea of having perceived distances between areas and having people stay over for a few days for that reason. That's a really nice idea.
Also YES DEFINITELY get Strangerville! It's one of my favourite places, great for storytelling. One of my Alternate Universe storylines entirely takes place there. It's such a messed-up place hiding a freaky but awesome secret. Definitely go for it.

I like your general world distance ideas though, they're similar to mine. The only rough distance thing ever mentioned in my stories is that Sulani is a bit further out than everywhere else due to its climate and general geography. I like to think Del Sol Valley and San Myshuno are very close together. In my AltUniverse, Strangerville is quite far-out, probably toward Oasis Springs because of its desert-town-ish look, more of a stop-off town for most people who are heading through it to get elsewhere- but it's been quarantined, due to the strange things happening there. I imagine Selvadorada in Jungle Adventures to be quite far out, but not as far as Sulani. I haven't really played JA yet though. As for the planet Sixam, I imagine it to be somewhere similar distance-wise to Mars.
Thank you, I really like the realism it adds!

I'll definitely have to consider Strangerville now, especially as its on sale. I love the items I've seen and Strangetown in the Sims 2 was my favourite neighbourhood too, so I feel like I'll love Strangerville.

I think like you said Sulani has to be furthest from most things, in my mind I've put Oasis Springs as the furthest with Strangerville before it (as you pointed out its a 'passing through town sort of place'). I'm wondering whether Sulani should be passed those, hm. Oh! I always forget about the alien world of Sixam, good point there :drinks: I need to play with aliens more, they're my least played occult.
Spoiler:
ciyrose wrote:Oh that's a fun way to do it. I have it in my head that there is a larger distance, but have never really done anything with it. I do always find it funny that my Name Game kids (who are all mermaids, and none live in Sulani where they grew up) come and visit all the time. I have never really do anything specifically with the distances themselves, but I do think of Sulani as being a fair distance from the rest.

Also, I haven't played with Stangerville, although I want to, but I LOVE Jungle Adventure. I find it so much fun myself. :)
It's quite fun playing this way, though I do have to sometimes ignore the visitors at the door when they pop over (especially those who appear from San Myshuno to Sulani) :fisty: Or I'll add them in and just have them visit, it does make it fun to have spare rooms for them too. I think Sulani must be the furthest, I'd love for someone to make a map of the Sims 4 worlds. I think someone did with the Sims 2 ones which was really cool.

I would get Jungle Adventure but I don't know if I'll use it as much as other packs, though the items look amazing! :hearts:
[align=center]Image
Su-su![/align]
[align=center]In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.[/align]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Jungle Adventure is my preference over StrangerVille, but I enjoy exploring the jungle and temple
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
moveobjectsron
Origin ID: taoare

Post by moveobjectsron »

Glad to know other people give geographic distance to the TS4 worlds! Nothing ruins the immersion like thinking Sulani is in the ocean somewhere and its Sims show up in the other worlds like it's a 15 min. drive away :no: I like your geography ideas; I never considered Newcrest and Windenburg, it's an interesting idea. Informally I think of the worlds as going like:
Spoiler:
Willow Creek - Newcrest - Magnolia Promenade
Oasis Springs - Del Sol Valley - Strangerville (probably; I don't actually own SV)
San Myshuno - Granite Falls
Brindleton Bay - Glimmerbrook (same situation as SV, I don't own ROM)
Britechester - Forgotten Hollow
Windenburg
Selvadorada
Sulani
and Sixam is iN sPaCe
Also--
Spoiler:
I vote for Jungle Adventure. I love tropical settings and was really missing them in TS4. The gameplay can get repetitive but it's all around really fun to me.
[align=center]moveObjects_ron[/align]
[align=center]Dreamwidth[/align]

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”