TS4 Pros and Cons

djdesib

TS4 Pros and Cons

Post by djdesib »

Hi guys! I was just wondering what some of your pros and cons were with the sims 4. Ive been on the fence about buying it because I feel like they basically replaced all the best features of the sims 3 with just newer more awesome stuff. I love love love the building features because now its easier than ever and Ive always had these great ideas for houses that i never built because it was too hard. but now i could literally just build it room by room and piece it together like a puzzle. Id have to say the only thing im kind of iffy about is the lack of CASt, but im hoping that with each expansion out theyll add more recolors (highly unlikely, but just a thought)
My next concern is that the worlds looks a little small, and apparently theyre semi-open worlds? is there still no story progression? What about save files? Are we back to TS2 in the sense of all those questions?
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Re: TS4 Pros and Cons

Post by DreamWeaver »

Hi.

I actually am thinking of canceling my pre-order. There's no toddlers, pools, color wheel, skintones to make them colorful. Also no aliens.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I just pre-ordered and did the preloaded today. Create a sim convinced me. I love the control. I'm also pretty excited about the emotions. We'll see how it is.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

Yes I was actually thinking about sticking to ts3 then the demo came out and i got hooked. Also Im really excited for pregnancies, they do not have to take a maternity leave, the time they are pregnant varies from sim to sim, ALL CLOTHES ARE MATERNITY CLOTHES, and there was some more but those im most excited about. I dont get paid until 3 days after it gets released so Im gonna do some intense research before i decide to bite the bullet and get sucked in all over again
EDIT: also i hope that with this new feature in CAS where you can generate a sibling or a parent, that premades are actually gonna resemble each other unlike in TS3
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yeah, that definitely will give you a bit of time to read what others are saying! I've planned it so I can take all of the 2nd to play.

I also love how the time a sim is pregnant varies. I think they are starting to make the game a lot more dynamic. I know people are upset about toddlers & pools, but I think if the emotions do work well, this could be a big step forward for the Sims games. I would like to see toddlers eventually though. Some of the cooking animations that have been in the live broadcasts have been absolutely adorable, and I love how you can choose the serving sizes of what you're cooking. I think the cooking career will be one of the first things I want to try.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

I think "emotions" are really what was missing from the game because i loved ts3 I just wish the moodlets had more of an impact. Like It felt like I was playing the same sim game in every household. they were just so boring. they did the same thing every day. Im really hoping that the emotions give more life to the sim. I read in an article that they were basically producing the same game for 3 generations now and it was about time that they've stepped it up a notch, and I totally agree with that.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Oh I completely agree with you on both counts. The Sims 3 was very monotonous. I also agree it was time they stepped it up. From TS1 to TS2 we saw a HUGE jump. I'm hoping TS3 to TS4, although not quite as dramatic graphics wise, will also feel like a giant leap forward. I can deal with a lack of toddlers if the game is more engaging.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I agree. I love toddlers but they were boring in Sims 3. I actually loved toddlers in Sims 2 more. I believe toddlers will be introduced later but with the emotions have such an impact on the game play not having them will allow everyone a chance to really see how the game is different, and then we will get toddlers to play with. :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

Another thing i love just about the CAS is that the difference between a male and a female is less dramatic. I love to experiment with genetics and so I would occasionally gender-swap my sims in testingcheats and they looked completely different, and definitely not as attractive, as the opposite gender. So that was another thing thats pushing me more towards buying the game when the demo came out
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

One big con I've heard about from a youtuber is that family trees are not there, but again, we can wait and see what the game holds in that regard, not go by third person informer info that could be off by a few meters. https://www.youtube.com/users/CaptainTHPS4/Videos The video entitled on the icon itself "firefighters, who needs them?"

I'm thinking dome homes.... building stuff....
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

Im currently watching one of the teaser "lets play" videos and her child sim actually became sad because of her new baby brother, like when you hovered over the sad moodlet it said "because of new sibling" and im pretty excited for that to be honest. Im really looking forward to reading legacies when the sims give themselves personalities instead of having to write it for them. and I know a lot of people are thinking that only interacting with the baby at the crib is a con but honestly i hope this mean no more fighting over the baby and no babys ending up on the floor haha
and this is the video i am currently watching for those who are interested
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I saw that one! It's adorable! Ohh can they only interact with the baby at the crib? I didn't see that.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

thats what I gathered, I dont think they can like walk around with the baby, at least i havent seen a video that does that yet and all the comments say that the baby cant leave the crib unless someone is interacting with it
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

My understanding is the crib is an anchor.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

for the baby or like the crib itself cant move? because I thought you were still able to move a crib. oh and that reminds me im also really excited that I can move objects in use and hopefully not get that "too close to sim" option but i havent seen anything on that yet
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I believe you can move the crib, but the baby is basically anchored to it
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yeah I'm pretty sure in one of the videos they say that you can move the crib. I did hear as well that you can move objects with sims in the way, but it's not something they've shown. I really hope you can as well. That would make building SOOOO much easier.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

i saw in the video about a challenge for the loner trait that said "no social interaction for 24 hours" and I hope that something they have fixed is that sims act accordingly to their wants. Like in ts3 I had a sim who wanted to stay inside for 48 hours but was constantly stepping outside to go to another room because it was the shortest available route. So I hope that when things like that pop up i hope your sims will avoid stepping outside or interacting with other people when theyre on free will
EDIT: Also i hope that in-game sims are actually born with facial details like beauty marks or freckles
EDIT ON MY EDIT: I also hope that they fixed the hair genes and that you can dye the hair but the will still pass down the natural genetics
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I may be naïve, but I have a hard time believing that they would take out toddlers for no reason. Optimistically, I'm hoping for a dynamic aging system that made toddlers obsolete. But, you know. Optimistically.

And by the way, I agree, djdesib. I TOTALLY want sims born with freckles/beauty marks/etc. ^^

EDIT: Yeah, never mind. Now having played the game, they definitely took toddlers out for no reason. Babies literally jump straight into children.
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I haven't had a baby yet, and I think it's going to be weird to see that baby to child jump. I had to work this morning, so I couldn't play all night... I did build a typical starter home, a box with a foundation - and building was awesome. I can't believe the freedom we have with heights of objects, and if you want to do it, you can! Load and save times are freakishly fast... The way my Sim walked when she really had to pee made me laugh out loud. I've barely scratched the surface, but my Sim has made a friend - an older woman was walking by pouting, so we stopped to chat. And she has a Romantic Interest - and is pregnant! EVERY social interaction is different, I love they way the interact with each other. The loading screens between lots may be bothering some people, but they're just as fast as having to watch the car drive there, and at least when you go there with another Sim, you don't have to look all over the lot to find them. Apparently there's nine zillion more clothing options then there were in the CAS demo, which is awesome. Overall, I'm thrilled, the Sims themselves are incredibly engaging - and adorable. Whims are fun, and totally appropriate to the moment - I don't know - I think it's really great!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”