First Impressions

Moggy

First Impressions

Post by Moggy »

I thought it would be cool to share everyone's first impressions of the game so far.

Having now played the game for a while I have to say I'm please with what they have offered us in a base game. I like that they have concentrated on revamping and rebooting the two important core functionalities of the game. Build mode is much more intuitive and fun. Live mode is much more dynamic because of all the emotional states your Sims can be in. This I found changes the way they interact with the world and other Sims. For instance you can only make some foods in some emotional states which I found cool. Since these two core aspects have been revamped it the game feels like a good effort at a sequel. Also multitasking is a subtle feature that makes the world of difference. I wonder at some of the cut content the two big ones such as toddlers and pools and tubs (I havent noticed the rest) was because of the new emotional states. You don't just have your core actions any more you have your core and all the other emotions plus multitasking. At any rate I'm still pleased with the amount of content personally. This game reminds me of how people reacted to Civ5 at launch with no religion ect and two expansions later they are loving it so we shall see how it goes. I also like I got lights for buying Sims3 and expansions finally they show they care!

Also I love the fact it runs so well, at least at the moment fingers crossed. The open world being gone doesn't bother me since I even in Sims3 focused on my lot a majority of the time. I found out you can run around your small neighbourhood there's like a park with grills so it's semi open world which they could expand on. Loading screens are so short yay. No more Sims3 launcher that gave me hell and would freeze up all the time thank goodness. So technically game is awesome.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: First Impressions

Post by Teresa »

I love the game - it runs smooth and I love the emotions.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Laura

Post Counts

Post by Laura »

As long as I don't try to compare the game to Sims 3, I really enjoy it. I love how quickly in loads. I also love watching my Sims just run around in free will.

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

There are are things I like about each version - I find it is best to not compare them. I can enjoy each for what it has and when I miss some aspect that another version has, I switch and play the other one for awhile. :)

I love the gourmet cooking option in addition to the regular cooking menu. And as bad as it makes me sound, I love it when they cry it out under the covers or cry in the bath. I really love the new emotions.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I'm a bit curious about what everyone's thoughts are now that the game has been out for awhile? Have any initial impressions changed?
Laura

Post Counts

Post by Laura »

I am super sad, today I got my first "the sims 4 has stopped working" or whatever pop up :( I was so not missing that from TS3. Luckily, I save often.

Even with that, I'm very much in love with this game. It has so much potential. I still play TS3, luckily I have a lot of room in my heart (and on my computer) for both :heart:

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yep, I'm loving it as well. I'm curious to see what the first expansion pack will be!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”