What's everybody's favorite gameplay changing challenge?

spacemagic

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

What's everybody's favorite gameplay changing challenge?

Post by spacemagic »

I finished my legacy a couple of months ago and I want to do some non-legacy challenges that make me play the game in a new way. I did some dumpster diving til I hit a million, I had an alien get married without anybody finding out what she was, but other challenges on most of the lists aren't really striking my fancy
so what are everybody else's favorites? Doesn't even have to be a challenge, but what ways have you taken to playing sims to make it more fun?
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: What's everybody's favorite gameplay changing challenge?

Post by B. Scirocco »

This may not quite answer your question, but: I've been doing a farming challenge in Sims 2 lately, where technology is restricted and the only source of income is via crops. I have plans to do a couple of other challenge runs once this is done, which both focus on limiting the careers and promotions allowed; they're called the Nickel and Dimed and the Trailer Park Challenge. I guess the common theme among all three challenges is dealing with limited income while trying to raise kids. I'm not familiar with Sims 4, but perhaps something like that would interest you.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I am a Sims 2 player, I love B.a.c.c. and every other sort of challenge. If you are looking for quick challenges there are some in the Boolprop ruleset that might only take you a few days, or some that might take a few weeks, months, or years. I think if you read through some challenges that have been blogged maybe one of them might take your fancy.:)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

As someone who tends to micromanage like crazy I love an ISBI for getting me out of a play rut, even if it's not 'official' but just seeing what happens. Depending on your packs and stuff things with lot challenges (like try and use most or all of them (although that is a bit insane)) can be really fun and force you to contend with things you might not normally. You had said you weren't really looking for a new legacy-type thing, but the RainbowSins challenge always looked interesting to me if you tend to be 'nice' to your sims? You might not need to play the challenge but just see what types of things they want you to do and pick some to try out, or if you, like me, tend to be nice to your sims maybe try and find what all bad things (besides death) you can find?

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
spacemagic

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by spacemagic »

Thanks for the great ideas everybody!
@ciyrose - I never thought of going into different legacy challenges and just playing the generations I think are fun. I always start at the begining when the later part is what I think sounds fun- thanks for the tip! That's super smart

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”