New Year, New Member

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
lindiedb

New Year, New Member

Post by lindiedb »

Hiya! I'm Lindie, and obviously I am new here. I'm female, from South Africa, and disinclined to tell you how old I am (lets just say old enough to find being a responsible adult incredibly tedious, and then some)

I've been playing this game since the first installment, and have moved on as each new one came out, so I am currently a Sims 4 player. I stopped playing a while ago (around the time of Sims 3 Supernatural, which was more than my old PC could handle and broke my game), but am getting back into it now, and figured it would help if I knew some folk in the community.

I used to be a big legacy fan, and over the course of the last 9 years have tried to play one no less than 6 times. Only 1 of these legacies ever got completed to the full 10 generations. I am lame, full of suck and have a real short attention span. :sorry:

That said, I am hoping to get back into playing challenges. Consider my mind blown at how fricken many of them there are these days. I don't even know how to choose.

Aside from the sims, I play things like Dragon Age and Civilisation 5 off an on. I used to be very into MMOs, but most of the friends on there moved on and it's not as much fun to play with strangers. I work in social media and research, doing stuff that my boss doesn't fully understand (and thinks qualifies me to write wicked complicated php code)--all my game playing is largely an escape from work stress.

I am one of those dreamers who spent more time in daydreams than I do accomplishing anything. I have always wanted to be a writer, and have completed a couple of stories along the way. 2014 saw me completing a YA novel that I considered my chance to actually see if this writing is business is something I could do professionally. So far all agents have agreed that I am not very good at it. Up side, I am no longer scared of the dreaded rejection letter. The first one feels a little soul crushing, the twentieth is just "meh, whatevs".

I like arty crafty things. I paint (acrylics) and do polymer clay work. Neither particularly well, but it's fun.

In October I bought an electric guitar and have been trying to teach myself that since. It's not as easy as the sims make it look.

Okay, that's it for my long rambly introduction. I know I am awkward, but please like me :cheeky:
Greyheart Project | Wonderchild Challenge | TS4
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: New Year, New Member

Post by Chase »

Wonderful introduction :D Welcome to Boolprop!! :cookie: :pan:

And Happy New Year! :party:
hello! :heartbeat:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Welcome!!

:party2:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Welcome!
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Welcome welcome!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Welcome!!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Welcome to Boolprop!! Im sure you'll love it here. :)
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Hi Lindie! Welcome to Boolprop.

I am also in the process of learning to play an electric guitar!! It's quite the challenge, but SO much fun.
lindiedb

Post by lindiedb »

Thanks for the welcome, guys :D
Rhea wrote:I am also in the process of learning to play an electric guitar!! It's quite the challenge, but SO much fun.
It is a whole lot of fun, I can't wait for the day I can just pull the guitar out at a family gathering and do a flawless song. I'm far from that point. In fact, I am learning that I have really bad timing. Strumming to a beat is kicking my butt. And then there's still barre chords to look forward to. Yay.
Greyheart Project | Wonderchild Challenge | TS4
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Welcome! Writing can be a challenging field, but don't give up! The more you write, the better you get - and yeah, by the 20th (or 200th) "no" you just shrug it off lol.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads

Return to “Introductions”