Brand new

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
Noctie

Brand new

Post by Noctie »

Hello everyone!

I'm a 30-something simmer from Europe, and I'm looking for a friendly bunch of new people who'd want to share their gaming experience with me. :wave:
I was playing the Sims 1 around 2003-2004 and I loved creating crazy houses at the time. I wasn't completely addicted though, and that's probably why I skipped TS2 entirely.
I only got to play again in 2009, when TS3 came out. I played a lot the first few months, but then again gave it up. I picked it up again two years later and told myself "oh yeah, I had created cool families, let's see how they look like now."
I've begun inventing the future developments of each family's story. I've never stopped since then.

I don't exactly play because I'm a story teller, like most of you it seems. So I use mods and cc to accommodate my story. I never ever 'play' the game like it's supposed to.

I've recently tried TS4 but... (sorry in advance, that's just my personal opinion) I hate it. I really really can't stand the Disneyish look and the plastic furniture. I crave for realism and that's obviously not the path EA has decided to follow. So I don't think I'll be following them either.

I'm really curious to start digging in the story section on this forum and see all what you talented people are up to. :o
I'll present my own story as well at a later time (you can't even begin to imagine how happy I was when I read that it was encouraged! In all other forums I've been to, it looked like presenting your story as a new comer was being judged hard :shiftyeyes: ).
Right now, I just wanted to say hi. :smooch:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Brand new

Post by Teresa »

We definitely don't judge here, and we love to read new stories :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Welcome! :D
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Welcome to Boolprop! :D :cookie:
hello! :heartbeat:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Definitely no judgement here, having new blood around is always fun! :awesome:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hi, Noctie! Welcome!

I'm not into TS4 because 1) It costs money I don't currently have, and 2) What the ****, no TODDLERS?!

TS1 - I always loved, right from the get-go back in 2000, and TS3 I loved always, as well. Unfortunately, my Mac doesn't love TS3, and I got tired of saving every 5 minutes, and going to back-ups every 20. TS2, on the other hand, is fantastic for me. Except that Mac doesn't allow the last two expansion packs. Grrr. Someday, I'll upgrade, though, and have it all. Except TS4 toddlers.

I said all that so that you'd know that I won't be posting stories in TS3, but I'll certainly read your TS3 story. I've never been able to get any mods to work in TS3, or CC that didn't come from the store, so I don't even consider to be custom content, anyway. Therefore, I REALLY look forward to seeing how it goes with some real mods and CC. I know the game and how it works, so I'll recognize the in-jokes and the structure, but I'll get to say "Oooooooh! Never saw THAT before! Yaaaayyy!"

So, yeah, please do post. And it doesn't have to be a plotty story with villains and heroes. It can just be day-to-day life with fun characters. I like that sort of "story," as well, because I can relate. I'm no hero, and no villain is out to get me, :fight: but I have set the stove on fire. :eek:

As for building cool houses, no story required, at all - I always enjoy house-tours, because it gives me ideas for building my own houses. I tend to get stuck in box-mode, where everything is square and boring. Do you have any of your original "crazy houses"?

Finally, since you mention you've never tried TS2, I'll just point out that unlike TS3's open neighborhood, where you can only control one household, in TS2, it's like the original Sims, where you can control ALL the households in the neighborhood, without any time passing on an unplayed lot. So, when you read TS2 stories, you'll see townies and neighbors living immortal lives, because they're not being played (which is quite often used as something of a plot-point), whereas in TS3, the neighbors and townies all age up, and the whole town is dynamic, without the player having to manually switch around. That's the main difference, and it completely changes the play style, and affects the stories you will read.

Oh, and in TS2 - if a pregnant sim eats cheesecake, twins are practically guaranteed.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Noctie

Post by Noctie »

Thank you all for your warm welcome! :smooch:

Michelle, thank you for sharing your experience with the game. I love to hear about other people's views. :)
I have played TS2 a little bit (downloaded it when it was free on Origin a few months ago) but I'm so used to TS3 graphics and open neighborhood that I can't really get into it.
Actually, the mods I use (Twallan's mostly) prevent the neighborhood from aging when I'm not looking. I age everyone up manually because I play with every single household in my town! :D And yes, that's a lot of work, but I love it that way!
My story is therefore very intricate, because all my Sims are connected somehow. Depending on the household I'm playing with, you'll get a 'daily life' kind of plot, or a supernatural storyline, or a glamorous romance, or guns and fights, etc. I love playing with different families, and imagine how they could relate to each other. :) I'm afraid it is a very plotty story! :D

I haven't kept any of my TS1 saves, but there was really nothing extraordinary about my builds. Building tools were just quite easy to use back then, so I created my own doll houses.
I find it very hard to build anything in TS3, and anyway the community is so creative that I don't need to build anything on my own anymore. I always find the right house and all I need to do is decorate it sometimes.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

You can turn off story progression? WOW! See, that is the thing I love most about Sims 2!

And your plotty stories sound great! I can't wait to read them.

I know what you mean about just downloading houses to use. I'm a lousy builder, and I love downloading really creative lots. It's hard to find them without CC, though, especially in TS2. So, when they post a lot of pics on the site, I like to look at the pictures and try to get ideas to do my own, that way.

Check out the "Let's Build It" events here at Boolprop. There are some great buildings there, although not all are available for download. But a lot of builders here will take requests.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Introductions”