Good to meet you all!

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Good to meet you all!

Post by LuckyDuck »

Nice to meet you all!

I'm from the UK. You might possibly know me as 'anatidae' from The Sims Resource, where I turn my own artwork into TS3 paintings and patterns. Outside of playing The Sims, I'm also an artist, a writer, and a tabletop roleplayer (Dungeons and Dragons/ Pathfinder 2nd Edition).

My early Simming days were spent on the PS2 versions of 'The Sims' and 'The Sims:Bustin' Out', and I still love both games. My 'main' Sims games are the PC version of TS3, and currently the XBox version of TS4. After years of messing about and ruining digital people's lives, I want to try out a challenge! I was mainly inspired by 'bookloverblue's Miskin Legacy, and also by 'RainyDayzGamez' and 'CathyTea's take on the Alien Adoption Challenge- which is the one I plan to do at some point, because I love Sims aliens, especially how cute the little babies are!

I'm not sure when I'll start this challenge off, but hopefully it will be soon. It's good to meet everyone, and I hope you all have a great day!
Last edited by LuckyDuck on March 1st, 2020, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Good to meet you all!

Post by Teresa »

Welcome!

When you start the challenge, I would love to read and follow along. I am always looking for more stories to read.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Welcome to Boolprop!!! :wave:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

itsjulie- - Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it!
Teresa wrote:Welcome!

When you start the challenge, I would love to read and follow along. I am always looking for more stories to read.
Thanks so much Teresa! I have no idea when I'll actually start the challenge, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do. I'm pretty nervous since it'll be my first bit of SimLit ever but it will be fun to play The Sims with more of a direction and a goal as opposed to my usual sandbox-y messing about.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

We have all levels of experience with simlit and we are a very supportive group. [emoji854]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Welcome to boolprop! As Teresa said we have a variety of experience and styles of writers around here and I have always found everyone very welcoming! It's a great group of people around here and there always seems to be things going on if you just want a little something more to do. I played the PS2 sims games and also really enjoyed them, although I started with TS1. It will be fun to see what you come up with, and I get your desire. I was starting to feel a little....bored isn't quite the right word, but just not as excited about my TS2 sims until I discovered challenges and now I love doing them....although I'm terrible at finishing! I hope you enjoy the group!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Hello and welcome! I loved playing Bustin' Out. I look forward to seeing your challenges. I agree aliens are really fun and cute! I was nervous to start posting challenges too, but everyone here has been super nice and welcoming.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

ciyrose wrote:Welcome to boolprop! As Teresa said we have a variety of experience and styles of writers around here and I have always found everyone very welcoming! It's a great group of people around here and there always seems to be things going on if you just want a little something more to do. I played the PS2 sims games and also really enjoyed them, although I started with TS1. It will be fun to see what you come up with, and I get your desire. I was starting to feel a little....bored isn't quite the right word, but just not as excited about my TS2 sims until I discovered challenges and now I love doing them....although I'm terrible at finishing! I hope you enjoy the group!
Thanks for the warm welcome, ciyrose! I really appreciate your kindness.
Yeah, I feel you! Whilst I use TS3 mainly for having fun and playing around with mods and other stuff, I use my XBox TS4 as my 'normal' playthrough game, with no cheating. My main 'family' playthrough currently has about 250k in Simoleans, mainly through the enormous garden full of alien fruit the ghost of the household created (I mean, may as well have some fun whilst you're dead, haha!) So it'll be fun to 'start afresh' and have a playthrough with a little more in the ways of 'goals' and direction. I'm also tempted to do a Legacy Challenge at some point as well, it looks very rewarding and fun to look back at how your family has grown.

Code: Select all

Hello and welcome! I loved playing Bustin' Out. I look forward to seeing your challenges. I agree aliens are really fun and cute! I was nervous to start posting challenges too, but everyone here has been super nice and welcoming.
Bustin' Out was amazing, I have so many good memories from it. I still remember the time I thought it'd be funny to put the diving board on the ground, and make someone jump off of it repeatedly...not actually realising it would eventually kill your Sim! Thanks for your support.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

:wave: Hello! Welcome to boolprop! We're super excited to have you join us! :blush:

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Welcome, I am an only play ts2 and have lots of challenges going on at the moment, enjoy Boolprop lots of things to do and read. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

Hello LuckyDuck,
I enjoyed your hello on my own introduction and wished to return the favor. You are brave to try something you've not done before. The people I've met here so far have been nothing but very kind. Your sim-lit will be enjoyed, I'm positive. Enjoy the challenge you play. I started a new save too.
Forever Simming, SimCave
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave wrote:Hello LuckyDuck,
I enjoyed your hello on my own introduction and wished to return the favor. You are brave to try something you've not done before. The people I've met here so far have been nothing but very kind. Your sim-lit will be enjoyed, I'm positive. Enjoy the challenge you play. I started a new save too.
Forever Simming, SimCave
Thanks so so much! And yeah, one thing I love about the Sims community is there's next-to-no toxicity, everyone is so friendly and easy-going, and everyone is supportive of everyone else's creations as well. It's a real nice community to be part of.
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Hi Tiff, and welcome to Boolprop! :wave: :lemonade: :donut: :oreo: :cookie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello, and welcome to Boolprop! :wave: :cookie:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Katrisims- Thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks for everyone’s support on my first day on Boolprop! I made a start to the Alien Adoption Challenge yesterday and I should hopefully have the ‘prologue’ sorted after I get home from work tonight. I’m excited to start it up :)
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

Welcome! I'm so flattered to know my story inspired you! Best of luck with your Alien Adoption challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Thanks so much bookloverblue, I admire you and your creations a lot!

I just uploaded the first chapter of my Alien Adoption Challenge to my blog... now to post it here in the forum! Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and supportive :) You're all very sweet.
Jase
Origin ID: JaseSims

Post by Jase »

Hi and welcome to Boolprop, LuckyDuck!
I'm still fairly new and especially wanted to return the favor since you commented on my own introduction page, thank you! Your paintings sound quite impressive too. While I don't really use CC (except for an urgent bug fix), I'm still going to go checkout to see them. I still have TS3 installed, but mainly on play TS4 on a PC. I have an xBox One S too and have been skirting the idea of getting TS4 it, but nervous of the controls.

Also glad to see that you've already posted part of your story. I'm going to go check it out!
Start from the beginning at Jase's Sims on Tumblr.
SarahSims
Origin ID: SarahSimsPage
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by SarahSims »

Welcome!

Return to “Introductions”