Blast from the past

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
Gin

Blast from the past

Post by Gin »

Hello there!

It is extremely unlikely anyone remembers me seeing at it was 10+ years ago, but I do recognise a few names and promise I used to be a legacy writer on the old site, honest! Today I decided to get my PC to load up my old TS2 Legacy neighbourhood on some unknown whim, couldn't believe the damn thing still actually worked and thought I'd drop my beloved boolprop a line to see how things are. I'm THRILLED to see it still going strong! I never actually finished, but by the will of the internet gods The Science of a Legacy (do you remember? no? thought not) still exists in dreamwidth form (ah, the 2010s!) even though I haven't read or touched it in over a decade and I'm far too squeamish to do so now but I am glad it has been preserved.

So just saying howdy, and long live the boolprop sprit! I made some amazing friends here back in the day, even meeting up quite a few times in the strange old real world and I'm still friends with some even today. So yay you all for keeping the community going!

-Gin
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Blast from the past

Post by peachy123uk »

Welcome back again. Hopefully you will start plays and maybe posting again. I am sure things have changed a bit. But we are still a lovely community.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello, welcome back to Boolprop! :wave: You know, The Science of a Legacy does ring a bell for me, I think I'm probably old enough to remember. :lol: I think I remember seeing you around way back then. Well, I hope you like it here (again) so we get to see you around now too. :coffee: :donut:
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

Hi, welcome back! :wave: Doesn’t ring a bell, but that’s fine. I might check it out! :slaphappy:
Gin

Post by Gin »

katrisims wrote:Hello, welcome back to Boolprop! :wave: You know, The Science of a Legacy does ring a bell for me, I think I'm probably old enough to remember. :lol: I think I remember seeing you around way back then. Well, I hope you like it here (again) so we get to see you around now too. :coffee: :donut:
Aha! Yes! I do remember you and The Bookacy! Our paths have definitely crossed!
This and this was me but I think it's one of those things you either remember or you don't! I was around at the same time the Victorians, Vetinaris, Bohemians, Fitzhughes, Regency, the Round Robin etc etc

Poking around really is making me want to try a challenge again, though even if my neighbourhood is loading it does tend to crash a bit! It's amazing how much I've remembered/what I've forgotten/what files I actually managed to save from 2 PCs ago! I think it would make me happy to maybe try a little something ^^
Last edited by Gin on May 1st, 2021, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Hey, welcome back! I remember reading your legacy, was a fun read. ^^ If you do end up starting a new challenge, I'd love to check it out.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Welcome back. I am newish around here so likely wouldn't have crossed path, but it's always fun to have people come back. It is a great community.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ginny!! OMG! Hi! I've been here for 14 years so I DO remember you! I think I've even read Science of a Legacy on Clockwatching a few times, might have to go back and look again. You may remember me as SavanteStarr way back on Boolprop 1.0. I wasn't much of a writer back then but I think I had accumulated like 15000+ posts on there.
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Hello Gin, and Welcome back to Boolprop! :wave: :lemonade: :donut: :pie: :oreo: :D

I don't remember you, but 10 years ago I was a Simpleton. Uhm, active on the now defunct Simpletons forum, that is. :shifty:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Welcome back, glad you came looking for us. :) I do remember Science of a Legacy, vaguely, because I am old and my memory sucks these days.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Gin wrote:Aha! Yes! I do remember you and The Bookacy! Our paths have definitely crossed!
This and this was me but I think it's one of those things you either remember or you don't! I was around at the same time the Victorians, Vetinaris, Bohemians, Fitzhughes, Regency, the Round Robin etc etc
I thought you must've had a longer username back then! Yes, I remember you. ^^ That was the same era I was around in, definitely. It's great to have you back! :toast:
Gin wrote:Poking around really is making me want to try a challenge again, though even if my neighbourhood is loading it does tend to crash a bit! It's amazing how much I've remembered/what I've forgotten/what files I actually managed to save from 2 PCs ago! I think it would make me happy to maybe try a little something ^^
Dooo iiiit... :wink: Challenges are fun, and there's lots of different ones these days. The choice between different challenges is the tough part.

Return to “Introductions”