Summer Project and beyond

A place to ask any technical writing questions, as well as a place to find advice and resources.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Summer Project and beyond

Post by Pony »

I decided a few months ago that I wanted to make a writing blog/website to post blog like writing. Sort of what we do for our sims. I want to get the website launched by September 1st and I have a ton to work to do. But I'm super excited about it.

I want to have ten entries ready to post. So far I have the first section done and just got the first crit back for the second. And it's a little harder to stomach than the first one. But I'm learning lots about writing. It was a lot of fun taking what I learned from the first crit and applying it to next section. And I'll continued to get better and better. It's so exciting.

I haven't thought up a name for the website yet, but I'm sure it will come to me. My ultimate goal is to gain experience for writing full length novels.

Right now I'm posting this to procrastinate looking at the crit :lol: But it has to be addressed eventually.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Summer Project and beyond

Post by peachy123uk »

Once you up and running, and think of a name, i am would def have a look and comment. I have always wanted to write a novel but i don't think i have the creative gene in me. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Congrats on the site setup! And nothing on the web is truly finished so...:spin: (I was gonna say that writer friends have told me that online writing versus published is worlds apart but the big difference is critique, which you're getting and taking like a champ)
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Oh cool that’s exciting Pony! I’d be interested at taking a look once it’s up too.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

You guys seriously made my day! You're all so awesome!

I did go through the crit yesterday and made some changes. I'm waiting to hear back from my step mom who is critting it too before I decide if the second draft is done. I started going over the third section with what I've learned in mind and should have that ready to be looked over soon.

Next step I think is deciding between a hosting site. Whether or not to start simple with Blogger or LiveJournal. Or just go for it with Square Space.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I had a rough couple of days this week. The usual feelings of my writing sucks. And I have no idea where this is going and what I'm going to write next.

But I had a huge epiphany at my Uncle's house. Riding on the back of his motorcycle. There's definitely something inspiring being that close to the road and living dangerously :lol:

So today I wrote. I edited parts 2 and 3. I got 4 ready to be critted and the first edit of 5. That's the last of what I had kinda written. So now everything is going to be written from scratch. But I feel like I can actually get to my goal of 10 parts before September.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Glad you got some ideas, even when your that close to the ground. lol
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I finally decided on a name, Tales and Scales. I waiting to get some artwork done to start making a website and social media.

I'm working on chapter 7. I stopped getting things edited and I'm just focusing on getting the story down.

I may have to push the deadline back a little. Still excited and making tons of progress. I just had a lot mpre learning to do than I thought. Which is exciting all in itself.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Glad you thought of a name, I like it. I think everything is about learning. I can't wait to read it. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Sneak peek :D
Spoiler:
"SABERTOOTH VS THE VICTORIOUS!" The announcer boomed across the sands; the onlookers cheered in a blur of movement.

"The Victorious? Don’t you mean The Victims?" Tremor said pulling his halberd off his back.

"Shut up!" The guy holding the spear snapped. "What kind of name is Sabertooth anyway, your cat looks like a :censored: ."

"Brave words for someone who stinks of fear and piss," Sapphire said petting Decker’s back, "Decker likes the smell of fear."

Amused, Decker did his part and licked his lips. The swordsman took another step back. And the mage looked like she was going to start crying. She was too soft for the arena.
The starting bell rang out, nearly drowned out by all the cheering of people in the stands. They were a multicolored blur of faces and movement surrounding the sands on all sides. Sapphire dropped Decker’s weapons on the ground as she stepped behind him. She was murmuring to herself as she started to cast a spell. He picked up the short sword and knife. Tremor was already swinging his halberd at the spear guy.

Decker was on the swordsman before he could bring his longer weapon to bear. Even as a freak of nature, Decker was fast on his feet.

"You're using a sword?" The man shrieked in surprise.

Towering over the man as he stood on two legs, it was easy to knock the longsword out of his awkward grip. His short sword dealt with the sword while his knife cut through the thin leather and scratched the youth across the stomach from side to side. Not enough to rip the entrails, but it hurt. He doubled over in pain, stumbling backwards.

"I suggest you yield before I rip out your intestines," He growled, pushing the youth down, his bright red blood flowing into the sands.

"I yield!" He whimpered, clutching his belly. Another type of wetness spread across the sands.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

The website and blog are finally live!!!! https://kelstalesandscales.weebly.com/

Return to “Writing Support, Suggestions, & Resources”