Discussion/Poll: Getting more comments on a post!

Is it broken or could it be better? Post any suggestions for the forum here :)

What are the reasons that keep you, forum inhabitants, from commenting on a post?

Too shy to comment
31%
Fear of being disliked
No votes
Not wishing to leave negative feedback
No votes
Forgetting to comment
13%
Not knowing the poster well enough
13%
Inability to comment due to status on the forum
No votes
Other (discuss below)
44%

Total votes : 16

Re: Discussion/Poll: Getting more comments on a post!

Postby modelmgt » June 9th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Kimberly wrote:I try to encourage.
I am terribly shy.

Well thank you for participating! Everyone feels self-conscious or shy sometimes, so it takes a super effort to brush off all of those stupid self-critical thoughts that come up. :applause:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal The Spouse Match Game- Come & Play With Us! Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
modelmgt
Right hand to Abnerazak

Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
Medals: 7
Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Happy Birthday (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Postby KatLovesPotatoes » June 9th, 2021, 6:11 pm

modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.

Well thank you for participating! Everyone feels self-conscious or shy sometimes, so it takes a super effort to brush off all of those stupid self-critical thoughts that come up. :applause:

:slaphappy: I’m the same way, really, self-conscious and shy about commenting, as well as showing others what I’m writing about. :haha:
KatLovesPotatoes
Currently searching for a Funko POP!
House of Plumbob

Medals: 5
2020 Treat (1) Not So Secret Santa (1) Gnome Candle (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Postby Kimberly » June 10th, 2021, 4:39 am

modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.

Thank you Modelmgt.
The Day's News < Simple link since I'm too lazy to create another picture.
Kimberly

Medals: 1
Happy Birthday (1)

Postby modelmgt » June 15th, 2021, 5:35 pm

Kimberly wrote:
modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.

Thank you Modelmgt.

You're welcome! Positive reinforcement FTW! Now get TF out there! :wink:

Ok- I feel the need to say this to all of you who debate commenting so much- because this much is true- and I hope it helps all of you.
Spoiler:
Dear super-self-conscious Boolproppers:
So, I'm about as full of self-doubts as anyone else. I say all of this in hopes it helps your mindset.
I haven't been to therapy(even tho I prolly should have, but, ya know, they want money to do that, and then they aren't always worth the cash so . . .) :shrug:
Anyway, something to realize/keep in mind whether it's on the internet or IRL, is that most people are not actually focused on you, but rather they too are more focused on self-obsessing/self-doubting themselves.
The ones that ARE judging you because you come prepared to work, or eat bananas or whatever it is, just are not worth talking to. Period.
Also there is nothing you can do to make them like you because there will always be something they're nit-picking about everyone, and if you "fix" one thing they'll just pick at something else. I've met plenty of these. They are called assholes, and as I said, not worth your time/stress. F&^%$ them.
Now that we discussed that, remember that we are all Boolproppers! Most, if not all of the people you encounter here, within reasonable limits, are nice people.
A third thing to realize is that this is the internet m'kay? Most people, unless they're actively seeking you out/stalking you, (yeah thanks brain) you will never meet, unless you choose to. Literally nobody's opinion on the internet, truly matters to you personally; everyone basically has a right to say and do whatever they want online(again within reasonable/legal limits) but if somebody bugs you, you either just don't talk to them or you can block them. There's some kinda recourse in place for the people you want to avoid, is my point.
So the next time you get the "Oh god what if they don't like me for commenting this" anxieties, just stop and think about whatever of these points are helpful, and POST IT ANYWAY. :woot:
I meant it when I called them "stupid self-critical thoughts", and that was the nicest way I could put them.

Freshnfruity's Livejournal The Spouse Match Game- Come & Play With Us! Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
modelmgt
Right hand to Abnerazak

Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Happy Birthday (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Postby Duhmee » June 15th, 2021, 6:25 pm

modelmgt - what you said makes perfect sense! We should all try to remember those points when we are doubting ourselves on the internet! Thank you for posting that! :)
Duhmee

Medals: 1
100 Posts (1)
Steam ID: Duhmee17
Origin ID: Duhmee89

Postby Cororon » June 15th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Teresa wrote:My comments are generally: "Looks great" "sounds great" "doing great". And then I feel that that isn't enough and if I am going to comment I have to pick out specific things I liked etc, so I end up not commenting because normally, I think it is great, but don't know what to say specifically, so I end up not commenting at all.

I'm like that too, and English isn't my first language so sometimes it's difficult to just post my spontaneous thoughts because my brain has to translate them and then they don't feel spontaneous anymore. :hmm:
Cororon
Old Simpleton
Site Admin

Medals: 32
Special Egg (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Serious Admin Award (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1) Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Golden Plumbob 2019 (1) Story of the Month (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2016 Halloween (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1)
2018 Halloween Events (1) 2018 Pick a Treat - Cat (1) 2018 Bat Hunt (1) 2018 Xmas Events (1) 2018 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2018 Pride (1) 2019 Pride (1) Christmas 2020 (1) Pride 2021 (1)
Drinks on the House (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Sweden (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Postby modelmgt » June 16th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Duhmee wrote:modelmgt - what you said makes perfect sense! We should all try to remember those points when we are doubting ourselves on the internet! Thank you for posting that! :)

Aww.. thanks Duhmee.. glad I could help. :)

modelmgt
Right hand to Abnerazak

Previous

Return to Suggestions