This forum does not save logins.

Is it broken or could it be better? Post any suggestions for the forum here :)

This forum does not save logins.

Post by 0123456789 »

One frustrating thing about this forum is that it does not save logins. Sure, you can log in and stay logged ON THE SAME COMPUTER, but if you were to use a different computer that you also normally use (such as your iPad), then it will immediately log off from your previous computer, and you have to re-type your username and password in the login. You may circumvent this issue by allowing your browser to save cookies, but even so, this forum will log you out. At least you will have the username/password already typed in, so you don't have to type in next time -- but that is not really the same as "fully logged in".

Meanwhile, ModtheSims keeps you logged in on both machines.

I am not saying that this Boolprop site should be like ModtheSims or anything like that; I am just venting at this forum's inability to keep me logged in instead of merely saving usernames/passwords or completely log me out.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: This forum does not save logins.

Post by Teresa »

I am not sure why you aren't remaining logged into the forum. I use two browsers regularly and have never had to log into either after the initial log in - so the forum isn't logging me out when I switch from one browser to another and the forum isn't logging me out after a certain amount of time. And as far as I can find, there isn't anything within the forum admin settings that limits persistent logins. I will have Rhea look into it also in case I overlooked something.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Are you checking the log me in at each visit button? The only time I sometimes have to relog in is when I use CCleaner, as it doesn't always recognize my saved cookie. I've been on two computers at once (don't own a tablet yet, so maybe it's different there?) and never had a problem besides the cleaner wiping out my cookie lol.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Ive been having similar issues, every few visits im having to re-log back in. Not that big of a deal though.

Post by 0123456789 »

The problem may come from:

- the forum host, phpBB
- bots and additional programs that the forum administrator may have installed

If ALL phpBB-based forum communities end up like this and disable cookies, the forum host may be the culprit. However, if this is the only one that does this, then the administrator may have installed some bots or additional programs.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I dont think its an issue thats happening to everyone though, probably more due to the browsers we are using or our laptops deleting password logins from auto-save.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

It isn't a forum problem because it is only affecting a few people, not everyone on the forum. There are several settings on the computer that can affect it - and it can be a challenge to find them all. I can say personally that I have not had to re-log a single time since the forum went active last year, despite using different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I had personally checked all of the forum settings and there is nothing preventing persistent logins from the forum side.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I also have the problem, but I don't find it that it's a huge deal. Since it's only once a day that I have to log in. And since it's not happening to everyone, it's a setting on my end most likely. And it's not a huge enough of deal for me to figure out the why.
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Happens to me too. I use multiple devices so maybe that might be why?
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Personally, I don't have this problem. I'm with Teresa in that I've only had to log in once on each device.
hello! :heartbeat:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I have to relog in on my phone every now and then, especially if I'm switching between taptalk and the browser. Not a big deal though, more of a minor okay I have to relogin again. I usually don't have a problem with it if I'm using the computer.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I typically only use one device with the rare occasion of using my phone and not through tapatalk.

And I pretty much have to relog in every day.

The relogging in is not a huge issue for me. Another game's official forums does the same thing by design. It only allows you to be logged in for 24 hours before you have to log in again.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

This could be down to a VERY large number of different variables. A quick Google search though leads me to believe this is not just Boolprop. I'll try to read through some of these later and see what I can find. Have to get back to work now though.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=php ... ing+me+out
Avery

Post by Avery »

I know this topic is a bit old, but I have no problem staying logged in whatsoever. I can only assume you wouldn't stay logged in if your browser is set to clear history/cache every time you close the browser.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Avery wrote:I know this topic is a bit old, but I have no problem staying logged in whatsoever. I can only assume you wouldn't stay logged in if your browser is set to clear history/cache every time you close the browser.
Very likely.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Rhea wrote:
Avery wrote:I know this topic is a bit old, but I have no problem staying logged in whatsoever. I can only assume you wouldn't stay logged in if your browser is set to clear history/cache every time you close the browser.
Very likely.
Mine isn't set to clear history/cache or cookies. I have no problem staying logged into other websites. Just this one. And only on my computers. My phone has no issues staying logged in here.

For me it isn't a huge issue, though.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Hahaha same, i stay logged in in every website but this one. Never used to happen on the old boolprop either. I really dont care or mind that much, just curious haha.
Sometimes i even get logged out whilst trying to reply to a post, then by time i submit it ive been logged out!
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Wow, really Abby? That is bizarre! Can you PM me details of browser, and details of what happens next time it happens to you?

I've tried everything to replicate this login/logout issue, but for me it keeps me logged in if I tell it to, unless I clear my browser. I haven't had a ton of time to really sit down and try to figure it out for a few hours though. Honestly, it's not at the top of my life priority list, but when I get some spare time I will try to figure it out again.

Return to “Suggestions and Help”