Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

The Sims 4 Save Cleaning Help

Post by Livvielove »

Hey everyone!

I've been playing a legacy (the Ghibli Legacy) recently in TS4 and have discovered MCCC. I keep that updated completely but don't use any other script mods (I do, however, use CC). I've been noticing my game is starting to show signs of slow down (like the super early signs) and I'm very familiar with how to keep my saves clean... in the Sims 3. I don't actually know the first thing about keeping a long-running save in TS4, but I do have MCCC and I have the ability to clear my caches.

In TS3 I could do entire town resets, I could monitor bugged behavior. I've been getting little orange notifications occasionally but they don't really tell me much other than some bug/"exception" occurred. I've noticed a few other things like my mouse cursor won't acknowledge when something a grab-able object, my sims are slowing down/getting distracted. Actions are getting stuck in the queue and requiring resets more frequently, and so on. I've also been running into a few (albeit minor) issues with careers. None of this is game-breaking... yet... but I don't want to push my luck.

What else could I be doing to help my save?

If someone could give me some tips on how to avoid corruption/what I can do with the tool I have (MCCC)/other tools to keep things running smooth, I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”