Computer recommendation?

onedayrobots
Origin ID: onedayrobots

Computer recommendation?

Post by onedayrobots »

I'm definitely going to need a new computer in the next year or two (I'm using my Chromebook as my main computer, and it's just not built for that) and The Sims 4 is the only thing I really use that will require much of anything. (Otherwise I just write and use the Internet.) So I'm curious--what computer do you use to play The Sims 4, and would you recommend it? I know I can look up the specs, etc, and go from there, but I was curious if you had any specific recommendations.
[align=center]ImageImage Image
ImageImageImage[/align]
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Re: Computer recommendation?

Post by Rex »

This thread may be a bit old, but I'll reply in case you come back (you did say you're looking for a new computer in a year or two :lol: )

I use an Asus Republic of Gamers laptop. I got it in 2017, so it's a couple years old. My intention was to have something to play the Sims 2, 3, 4, WoW, and Overwatch. Obviously I have a favourite with the Sims 2, but it runs fairly smoothly with the Sims 4. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060. With taxes, it cost me about $2400.00 at BestBuy.

If you were to invest in a gaming computer, I suggest a desktop. They tend to overheat less. That will be my next major investment so I can move everything over and use my laptop as a streaming device while I play.

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”