NaNo 2021: Here we go again!

From manuscripts to screenplays, 100 pages to 50,000 words. Writing competitions of all shapes and sizes.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

NaNo 2021: Here we go again!

Post by Ani-Mei »

So here we are, 25 minutes to midnight (here anyway) and there hasn't been a NaNo 2021 thread! I'm waiting to start it and this year's story is:
Spoiler:
Quick run down: A kingdom is taken over by a hostile force after the murder of the king and queen. The two princes and the princess escape and now have to find a way to reclaim their family's kingdom from the hostile force that has a a surprising connection to their father's past...
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: NaNo 2021: Here we go again!

Post by Calamity Jade »

Just saw this thread. Have to say your story synopsis sounds fun. Fairy tale fantasy stuff usually is!

As for me I am just over 12k words. Trying to keep a consistent schedule even on my work days but a couple days I wasn't feeling it. Still, it's my first time doing a full on pantsing and it's going okay.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It's only Day 7 and I've already gone past 25K, I haven't begun the main plot yet either and in story time it's been seven days. I decided to attempt a bit of character building before just skipping ahead to get to the main point of the story. My stats say I'll be done on November 15th at this rate. So half the month, but that doesn't mean the story will just stop at 50K, like my 2019 NaNo this could pass 75K again.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Finished on Nov.15th, at least the 50k part. The story is not over though.

Return to “Competitions”