The Rad Legacy: Done and Dusted...Sorta! 26th July '17

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Ten! 23rd March!

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Glad you liked it! And surely that's what social media is for right? If you come back from the dead, everyone needs to know about it! I wonder what causes some sim kids to get smug faces? I'm still reeling at these odds - out of 6 pregnancies, only 1 was a boy! I'm glad you like my updates! :D

Chapter Ten is up now, too! :D
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay, Chapter Ten! :heart:
Spoiler:
The pregnancy aging thing is weird, and I wonder if they're going to fix it at a later date. I'm not too bothered by it, but it is weird for the female sims to seemingly age slower! Anyway, getting back to the meat of the chapter: very cute. Kids are my favorite part of legacies, and the Rad kids are adorable. You're developing their personalities very well, and I especially (still) love creepy Kassidy, even as a less-creepy teen. ;) Death fishing. Hmm, that's a new one! I can tell this will be a difficult heir poll with such lovely young ladies. Speaking of ladies, your game sure does seem to like them better!
Sweet chapter and cute kids! Also, thanks for the link back. :D

EDIT: About the pregnancy aging . . .
Spoiler:
I've been playing a Wonder Child and the wife didn't age slower, despite being pregnant twice. Interesting data point. I'm still convinced that's what caused Marjorie in my legacy to age slower, because I know she didn't have a potion, and her pregnancies were the only difference between her and her brother or husband. Weird, right? It must be a bug of some kind.
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

I am all caught up with your legacy and it was great! Really funny, especially the bits with the grim reaper :lol:
Spoiler:
I feel your pain with so many things in this legacy:
The fishing aspiration. My founders spouse got it and I got stuck at about 15 fish for a while too!
The aging population - so many elders and no young adults! I read somewhere that someone doing a legacy deleted some of the elders in the house management area to try get some new townies generated so I may give that a go to see if it helps!
and of course the pesky ghosts that break all the plumbing!

I suppose all of these things makes for funny reading though! Can't wait for more, I bet this will be a hard heir poll. The girls are all so cute!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Eleven! 4th April!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
It's really odd, right? I wonder what causes it. I love seeing how genetics mesh and whatnot, so the kids are my favourites too - and they've all been adorable so far! Kassidy can still throw the creepy smiles when she feels like it, lol! I cannot choose a favourite - I keep switching! And yes, far too many girls! Let's hope the game throws some more boys next generation.
emmalouise:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I do love writing the reaper!

I honestly have no idea how to boost the fish count - so close, yet so far!
I did start deleting some of the elders & the ghosts, so here's hoping it does something, right? :)
Since the last patch, I haven't seen a single one of my six ghosts, which is very unusual... :s

They do make for awesome antics. :) I don't envy you guys having to choose my heir - it's a tough one!

Have an update! And an heir poll!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Loved it! I'm excited to see who wins the heir poll. I already cast my vote. Now who will it be? :hmm:
Spoiler:
The girls are so sweet, and like I said in the heir poll thread, you are right that they're all pretty in their own ways, which is really neat. As a genetics lover, it's always nice to get very different kids that are still attractive. I loved their park trip, and the guys vying for Kassidy's attention were hilarious! I loved presumably insane paint-shirt-guy, and Boots was a character too, but it looks like Kassidy may have found a winner! I voted for her, so if she wins, he would be a good choice. I hope whoever wins tosses you a boy or two. ;)
Great job! :D
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

Great chapter! The heir poll is so difficult though :P

Here is a little hint for finding all the fish in a spoiler just incase you don't want a hint for it. It doesn't completely give it away but will hopefully help haha.
Spoiler:
You need to be looking for fishing spots in oasis springs. There is yet another secret lot to find! I hope this helps your quest for all the fish.
Looking forward to see who wins the heir poll!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twelve! 10th April!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
I love all of the girls, I'm not surprised you guys found it hard to choose! And I also love the genetics I got this generation. It's always fun meeting people in the park! One of my favourite places in the 'hood for meeting sims. Won't be long til we find out, right? :) Thanks for your comment!
emmalouise:
Such a difficult choice! I don't envy you guys :) And thanks for the hint :D

Update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay! :D
Spoiler:
Ooh, too bad about the handiness. Hopefully she can gain what she needs fairly quickly. Kassidy and Dusty are adorable, and I think it's cute that Dusty lives in the dusty desert. Anyway, back to your story, they make a great couple. Loved the line about him pretending to be a male model. He's totally Blue Steel material. Yay, generation 5 is on the way! It must feel good to be reaching 5!
Loved it. No surprise there. ;)
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

Aw I really love this legacy!
Spoiler:
Oops... maybe should have mentioned the level 10 handiness :lol: I also thought it was very lame when I found out. Anywho another great chapter! I really like Dusty and Kassidy, they make a great couple and I can't wait to see the babies they make! Oh dear, that family tree is a bit worrying. Think I might go check mine after this. Nearly at Generation 5 already! You are almost half way :D
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Thirteen! 23rd April!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
Here's hoping, but time is running out! Lol, perfect place for Dusty to live, right? :) I think he's great :D I'm nearly halfway through, how cool is that? :D Thanks for your comments!
emmalouise:
Spoiler:
I'm glad you like it :) Nah, it's okay, it's going to hard work either way! I really like Dusty and Kassidy, too - one of my favourites :D Yeah, that family tree thing is a bit of a both :? I'm so excited to be about halfway!!
Thanks, guys!

Have an update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay! :)
Spoiler:
I can't believe you got two more girls! That's kind of incredible. They are cute, and they seem to be developing interesting personalities. On the puddle - I saw this in someone else's legacy (who I can't remember right now) and thought it genius - put flooring under it, have someone mop it, then delete the flooring. ;) Otherwise have Meghan mop it when she's old enough (not sure if children can mop) since neat sims can mop outside. Anyway, your Death writing was very funny. He's quite particular about that cake, isn't he? I loved all the cowplant this chapter, too.
Another great chapter!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Just started reading this chapter, im upto generation three so far. Loving it!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Just read the first chapter. So wonderful, I haven't been really reading any stories of late, but I definitely was missing something. The sims 4 is more than I imagine, the sims are so much more expressive. All the walk bys are hilarious, why so sad mail man? I'll definitely be catching up to the rest of the story. :bounce:
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

Spoiler:
I can't believe you ended up with girls again! It's a good thing you aren't playing strict equality :lol: The girls are adorable though. Great chapter, your grim reaper always makes me laugh :)
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Second chapter read!
Spoiler:
....I might have to get this game now... I feel like I'm exploring at the same time you are. And sims can have two different color socks how awesome is that! So Dax worked out being a good dad after all, who could resist two adorable little girls. Their obsession with the model clay is hilarious. I should start carrying around clay everywhere, it looks like fun.
Read Chapter 3!
Spoiler:
Oh no Dax :cry: Oh look Grimmy got an update, he looks kinda sinister. Rhea talking with the book was hilarious.
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

I just finished binge reading your entire legacy so far:
Spoiler:
Everything has been so cute but the dancing cowplant takes the cake! I can't wait to be able to vote in the generation five heir poll because I'm totally team Missy :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Fourteen! 26th June!

Post by Sam »

I owe replies, but it's getting late and I'm tired, so I'll get back to those soon! Thanks for your comments, though!

Here's an update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Fourteen! 26th June!

Post by Taube »

First, congrats on the new job! :applause: And boo at the laptop! :thdown:
Spoiler:
I'm so sorry that your game died because I thought you had a really good thing going, but I'm glad you had Kassidy uploaded, because I do love her and her crazy/creepy smile. It's kind of sad for the twins to just *poof*, but I guess you already know that. Anyway, new start! Prince Dang is hilarious. He's gloomy and hates children. What's his third trait? If he's insane, he'd get along with my Marjorie just fine. ;) And yes, they don't hate their own children, but watch out if one of the kids is a social butterfly and brings kids over! Tense/mad city! This was a cute little chapter and, like usual, made me laugh at several points, especially inviting Prince in to the bathroom and showing him the shower. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this legacy now. I'm glad you at least had the sim to start with. Sorry again about your computer. Good luck!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Fifteen! 7th July!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
At least I got to keep Kass, right? So all wasn't lost. I do miss the twins, and Dusty, but I'm enjoying this new version too. Prince's traits are Loves Outdoors, Gloomy & & Hates Children. He'd be mostly fine with Marjorie, I think :) Hopefully the next chapter isn't too disappointing!
Update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Fifteen! 7th July!

Post by Taube »

:D
Spoiler:
I didn't think it was disappointing at all. I totally get that RL pull, so getting anything out is admirable, and I enjoyed this chapter. I can't believe you're only getting boys now so far. That's so funny! You probably kind of forgot what boy children look like in game. Prince being a catalog model had me laughing. The boys are cute and I love Jasper's baby hipster look. I'm excited to see if you get another boy or not, and where the family goes next. :)

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”