[TS4: OFftS] Alien Adoption Challenge (COMPLETE 04/01/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- TS4 Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 01/01/20]

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Yay it's Johnny again!

I'm glad Ripp got reunite with his old friend too. :)

Yes Johnny make him sweat! Make him crack under pressure!

I'm glad Johnny was able to find them.

I don't know how safe it is to bring Ripp to talk to Xir...
108sims- Love hearing from you as always! : 3
Spoiler:
I actually love the Johnny interludes TBH. When I used to play him in TS2 I always imagined he'd grow up to be some flamboyant extroverted sort of guy. I had to have him reunite with Ripp again, so I'm lucky I managed to squeeze it in in a way that sort of made sense!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter is up!

Chapter 12
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Ripp's already in there guns a blazin'. He's not going to let Xir get away with taking his daughter and the other aliens.

Interesting! I never would have guessed that the alien toddlers the sent down were supposed to carry the next matriarch.

He's so gross! I hate him!

Yay Olivia is back!

Aw I'm so happy for Ripp and Xira :heart:

I would want to be knocked out too for a birth like that!

It's kind of funny seeing all of the aliens surrounding Ripp. A mini alien takeover in his house while they wait for the next matriarch to be born.

I teared up a little when Ripp decided to name her after his mother.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Ripp's already in there guns a blazin'. He's not going to let Xir get away with taking his daughter and the other aliens.

Interesting! I never would have guessed that the alien toddlers the sent down were supposed to carry the next matriarch.

He's so gross! I hate him!

Yay Olivia is back!

Aw I'm so happy for Ripp and Xira :heart:

I would want to be knocked out too for a birth like that!

It's kind of funny seeing all of the aliens surrounding Ripp. A mini alien takeover in his house while they wait for the next matriarch to be born.

I teared up a little when Ripp decided to name her after his mother.
108 sims:
Spoiler:
IKR? It's sort of sweet having Johnny and Ripp kind of team up after all those years apart because adulthood got in the way. And yeah, poor guy is not having a good time. XD I was meant to screenshot loads of them outside the window as well but the little buggers kept walking off so it didn't work the way I wanted it to XC Yeah, I knew he had to name her after his mother, he just had to! Also that second-to-last screenshot: I paused just as Xira walked past, smiling at Ripp as he cuddled the baby, and it was just the cutest little thing.
Thanks so much for reading < 3
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- TS4 Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 03/01/20]

Post by LuckyDuck »

The final chapters have been uploaded! Thank you to everyone who has been reading, I really appreciate your support. :heart: :heart:

There will be an out-takes/thoughts/rambles post as well, which I will update about, covering things that weren't meant to happen and other extras.

Chapter 13
Chapter 14 Exit- The Dove
Epilogue
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: [TS4: OFftS] Alien Adoption Challenge (COMPLETE 04/01/20

Post by 108sims »

Seeing that this is the end is so bittersweet.
Spoiler:
Already everything is off to a good start! Xir is exiled, the consent law stays, and Xenos has her job back. Let's hope things stay good.

It's sad that Lyla has to leave when she grows up. I wish she could stay at home and be raised by her parents, but I guess I understand that she needs to be raised on the planet she's ruling.

Aw I'm so happy for them! What a lovely wedding.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to avoid Tank! I'm also glad Johnny beat the military to everything. Go Johnny!

I'm so glad lyla writes to Ripp. It's too bad that Jack is feeling similar to how Ripp felt, but there is still plent of time. Look how Ripp's life turned around!

Okay Ripp and Buck's conversation made me cry a bit.

I take it back the whole ending chapter did with seeing how much everything has changed.

And the Epliogue :cryingeyes:

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I have loved it from start to finish.
I can't wait to see the extras and such!
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:Seeing that this is the end is so bittersweet.
Spoiler:
Already everything is off to a good start! Xir is exiled, the consent law stays, and Xenos has her job back. Let's hope things stay good.

It's sad that Lyla has to leave when she grows up. I wish she could stay at home and be raised by her parents, but I guess I understand that she needs to be raised on the planet she's ruling.

Aw I'm so happy for them! What a lovely wedding.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to avoid Tank! I'm also glad Johnny beat the military to everything. Go Johnny!

I'm so glad lyla writes to Ripp. It's too bad that Jack is feeling similar to how Ripp felt, but there is still plent of time. Look how Ripp's life turned around!

Okay Ripp and Buck's conversation made me cry a bit.

I take it back the whole ending chapter did with seeing how much everything has changed.

And the Epliogue :cryingeyes:

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I have loved it from start to finish.
I can't wait to see the extras and such!
108sims- and THANK YOU so much for all of your detailed feedback and comments, and for following it all the way to the end. It means the world that I have a few close followers in my first ever SimLit project. :heart:
Spoiler:
Yeah not gonna lie but I have never been this attached to any of my sims, I just want to gather up the whole family and hug them- a lot! My heart was so warm and fuzzy the whole time I was writing their wedding, haha. Gotta love old man Ripp in his little cardigan though! Yeah, I wanted to kind up wrap things up nicely and make sure he got the good ending that he deserved! I broke my own heart with the part about Lyla being there the whole time as well, bless her :sorry: I figured I ought to have him have at least one non-hostile moment with Tank as well before it ended since his relationship with Tank was the last sort of story thread that hadn't been solved yet. Jack was bought a guitar when he was a teen, but growing up I never saw him touch it at all! I'm going to keep Jack and Olivia so I can have them as townspeople or something in another future challenge. Not sure what I want to do but I might do a good old-fashioned legacy, not sure yet. Also us console-players get access to the proper Gallery sometime this year, meaning all the other Maxis families will be available, and also I can upload Olivia Grunt. Maybe Jack as well : P
Thank you so much for reading the whole thing. Now I got more time to read lit I'm going to make a start on reading The Fates were Merciful as well : ) Also I only just realised you're doing a CEA challenge, which is awesome because aliens! I ought to do one sometime.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Last bit has been added, which includes stuff that went wrong, story rambling, and head-canons.
Extras and Out-Takes
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It's cool to see your influences! I had completely forgotten about Strangetown Here We Come! That's such a great story. I'll have to check out the others you mentioned too.

I have a goldfish pushing 11, so Glub being so old isn't that surprising. Maybe he's mortal.

Ripp's sculpture :lol:

Poor Olivia dying twice!

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I do appreciate how you handled Ripp's mental health story line. Showing it before his wedding too was a good way of showing it never "went away" for him. I feel like a lot of people who don't deal with mental health issues have the misconception that with medicine and/or therapy it goes away. You can't get rid of a mental illness, you can only manage it and find coping mechanisms for it. Having people that love and support you like Ripp did does help, but again it never makes it go away.

I like the idea that Lyla planned to take custody of the kids. Things would have turned out so much differently. :(

Interesting on your head cannon about why Buzz doesn't trust aliens.

I guess it's nice to know that Buzz wasn't homophobic? Still Ripp can date who he wants, even if it's his half alien friend!

The Sixam animals sound kind of terrifying!

I absolutely love your Sixam headcanons!
Thanks for sharing these behind the scenes look into your story. :)
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thanks again for your kind words < 3
Spoiler:
I’m glad you liked the way it was handled, I was a little worries but I’m glad everyone likes that part of it. And yeah for some reason I think Buzz would have been fine with his kids dating anyone provided they were human, although it’s still quite funny that Ripp’s eventual wife is an alien. Screw you Buzz XD
Thanks so much for reading !
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Holy moly you finished and I'm only on Chapter 2's interlude. lol Great job with the writing, love it all. I always feel so bad for not keeping up better on stories! I will finish this someday. Great job with the Buck interlude, it was nice to see things from his perspective, even if they weren't great things over all!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

No need to apologise! Life is busy and that’s fine! There’s tons more I would read if only I had the time to!
Spoiler:
I’m glad you like it, I honestly feel so bad for Buck. He’s stuck in the middle of the arguments between Ripp,Tank and Buzz, poor thing :(
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Us console players have the Gallery! Olivia Grunt is now available to download from the Gallery.
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

Finally caught up on this! This was an AMAZING read, and you're a truly great writer!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

bookloverblue- You are too sweet! Thank you so, so much < 3
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

I just finished bingeing your entire story. I'd never heard of this challenge before. I've been out of the loop.
Spoiler:
Anyway, I really enjoyed the story and how you wrote about Ripp. He dealt with quite a lot on top of being an adoptive dad! I enjoyed the interludes and the world-building you did. Your take on Sixam and the politics there were great. At the end, I really loved the picture of Lyla in her gown. I found myself wanting to know more about her story. I wish this had been a legacy!
Last edited by Hrootbeer on January 26th, 2020, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer- Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
I’m so happy you liked the worldbuilding and the characters! I do have an idea to use Matriarch Lyla in a legacy, but I’m not sure yet!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

A big thank-you to you kind people who nominated this for the 2020 Golden Plumbobs' Best Rare Challenge!
Vote your favourite Rare Challenge here!

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”