OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 18/01/20)

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

This latest chapter blew me away, especially the ending. You certainly do know how to keep me on my toes with anticipation. Thank you for replying to Jacob's forum/penpal comment. I might toss a little curveball in one of his next replies to Dylan. You can do with it as you wish.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave- Thanks so much for your continued interest! ~ and sure, you can do if you want!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Looks like I got slightly behind!
Spoiler:
I'm glad Oliver stopped by to visit Dylan! I feel bad for Dylan having a hard time making friends.

I like the idea of Dylan running a CEA blog.

Yay for a Jack sighting! Hopefully he and Dylan can become friends.

I'm kind of enjoying his rivalry with Jalisa.

The Sim Ray is definitely all kinds of fun.

Buck! I'm loving all of these fun cameos.

Okay I sadly find Dylan really relatable because I too usually assume people just hate me or will soon enough.

I'm interested to see where the Jack/Dylan relationship goes.

Congrats on your first abduction!

Yay for an alien baby! I like how you showed more of the process of how everything works.

I like the Freezer Bunny Blues lyrics. :lol:

This'll be interesting with Jack living and Dylan living together. Jack should just learn not to play chess against aliens!

Oh wow Jack is pregnant too! They'll basically be raising twins!

Also after seeing more edited pictures I like the filter you're using!
Icarus will hopefully be responding to Dylan soon. Can't wait to read what happens next!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thanks again! ~
Spoiler:
Yeah, Jack and Dyl are going to be fun. At least in this challenge I can have other people in the damn house! I know, I want to upgrade that thing fully. Yeah, Dylan's rivalry with Jalisa is always funny. Every time he walks past her she gives him this snotty look. XD And yeah same, most people seem to hate me right away and it sucks : ) Honestly Jack getting pregnant isn't even the worst part- just you wait- it gets worse! XD
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 20/01/20)

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Aw poor Dylan. :( It is best that he knows now though that Jack doesn't have feelings for him. I would really, really hate having a roommate that could read my emotions, mainly because they're all over the place.

I feel super bad for Jack. It's always awful to know you're someone's last resort. I'm really relating to the awful parts both of them have experienced. Dylaln's thinking everyone hates him, and with Jack not being the first choice. It was always like that with friend with me, like oh Allison is the only one available, so I'll hang out with her. Poor Guys, I feel for them.

I get jack being reluctant to try and be in a relationship with Dylan, but I also hope it works out for them because I'd feel bad for Dylan. His wording just made me :( a little with the whole "if I find it out it's not for me" part.

Yep totally Dylan, that's totally something that happens all the time.

Jalisa being right behind him made me laugh.

Baby! :heart:
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Aw poor Dylan. :( It is best that he knows now though that Jack doesn't have feelings for him. I would really, really hate having a roommate that could read my emotions, mainly because they're all over the place.

I feel super bad for Jack. It's always awful to know you're someone's last resort. I'm really relating to the awful parts both of them have experienced. Dylaln's thinking everyone hates him, and with Jack not being the first choice. It was always like that with friend with me, like oh Allison is the only one available, so I'll hang out with her. Poor Guys, I feel for them.

I get jack being reluctant to try and be in a relationship with Dylan, but I also hope it works out for them because I'd feel bad for Dylan. His wording just made me :( a little with the whole "if I find it out it's not for me" part.

Yep totally Dylan, that's totally something that happens all the time.

Jalisa being right behind him made me laugh.

Baby! :heart:
108sims - :heart: :heart:
Spoiler:
Eli is just the cutest, isn't he? And yeah, sadly it's not likely to work out for Dylan, but who knows? But yeah, both Jack and Dylan have their relatable parts- Dylan mainly in that he feels adulthood is going to swamp him, and Jack in that he's tired of being the second choice and feeling as if he's not important to anyone. Me and you both relate to that last bit- being used all your life is no fun and it makes you not trust people, something I'm sure is familiar to you too. Yeah, I imagine Jack's ability to sense emotions wouldn't be quite as powerful as a pure alien's, but it would be so annoying- because Jack can hide anything from Dylan, but Dylan can't hide anything from Jack.
I think you'll enjoy the next chapter : 3
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I did not realize there was a 1.5 until a few minutes ago.
Spoiler:
Eli is the cutest of the cute kids ever! :heart:
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave - Thank you so so much!

I stayed up late to write another chapter...A double update for the day.

Chapter 1:6- Nature's Way
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

What a delightfully, amazing, surprising outcome! I had a suspicion but you revealed this brilliantly. Well done!
Spoiler:
Twins! :heart:
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Aw Dylan is a good dad.

I do wonder if it's easier for Jack to have an alien pregnancy since he's part alien himself. He could probably at least understand what the baby is saying, possibly? Or maybe not since his baby seems to be quite the talker (thinker?) lol

I feel like maybe part of their relationship on Jack's end is because he's part alien, and how you explained how the Sixam aliens were a lot more open and affectionate than human. Still he could have feelings for Dylan.

I was worried something was wrong with Jack, but nope just twins!

I love seeing the alien babies all lined up like that.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave wrote:What a delightfully, amazing, surprising outcome! I had a suspicion but you revealed this brilliantly. Well done!
Thank you so much for being so kind and sticking with the story!
Spoiler:
I've been trying to think of a way to reveal it without it being completely obvious. I remember legitimately gasping, when my game paused momentarily after baby #1 and I was like... WHAT. XD
[hr]
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Aw Dylan is a good dad.

I do wonder if it's easier for Jack to have an alien pregnancy since he's part alien himself. He could probably at least understand what the baby is saying, possibly? Or maybe not since his baby seems to be quite the talker (thinker?) lol

I feel like maybe part of their relationship on Jack's end is because he's part alien, and how you explained how the Sixam aliens were a lot more open and affectionate than human. Still he could have feelings for Dylan.

I was worried something was wrong with Jack, but nope just twins!

I love seeing the alien babies all lined up like that.
Thank you again for your kindness ~
Spoiler:
The reason the babies are lined up in such a way is not only for screenshot purposes, but because they have very little space in the house and it's the only spot they'll fit! Yeah, those twins surprised the hell out of me. The house is so noisy now XC And yeah, I think over time Jack has warmed up to him more than he'd admit, and now he knows Dylan is nothing like the people he's been with in the past, he realises that Dyl is genuine (even if he's not the brightest spark on the planet :P )
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Aw, it made me happy having Jack wanting to make Ripp proud. Humans having telepathy would be super handy!

Oh Jalisa. She really doesn't like poor Dylan.

These poor kids having to grow up fast, well Oliver at least. I can't believe Ruby was in the crash!

I like that Erwin's son is following in his footsteps.

I believe that everything's being monitored too. Strangerville is just one of those towns.

I feel really bad for Oliver. He's in a bad situation where he's at, but I'm impressed by him wanting people to know the truth as a journalist. As for lying to Dylan...let's hope he changes his mind about that.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims - THANK YOU very much as always for your support ~
Spoiler:
Yeah I’m having fun exploring Oliver’s character, and in bookloverblue’s CEA Isaac is precious so I asked them if I could use him here!
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I check a few times a day to see if you've updated your story. I find not one but a few updates and every one is a beautiful delight to read. I have been truly spoiled tonight. You are a great writer LuckyDuck.
Spoiler:
I can't wait to see what Ollie decides about writing the truth to Dylan. :heart: Also, thankyou for the cameo spot for Jacob's frantic CEA forum post to him. Having you link another story to read is a delight. Isaac looks like a fun character to read about. Also, I can't wait to reveal the next chapter in Jacob's life to you. I can't wait to see what you write next for your own story.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave- Your kind words always warm my heart! Thank you ~
Spoiler:
As for Jacob’s story, even if I don’t manage to include his story in the main plot, I’ll dedinitely have it referenced im the story somehow. I like the idea of implications that untrustworthy people are acting suspiciously, and that also ties in. Well with the Strangerville mystery.
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

This is wonderful so far! You have a way of writing that hits the reader right in the feels. You're very talented!
Spoiler:
Wait, is Jack - Ripp's Jack?

Also, I had a peep at the character profiles... squee! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

bookloverblue- Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it :) It means a lot that you like the writing style so much because I sometimes worry I go OTT.
Spoiler:
And yes I had to include him cuz I love the Pries misadventures, Erwin must have passed away in my file so I instead used Isaac! He appears in the 1.8 Interlude later on. I’m sad I had to change his hair though, I like the hairstyle you gave him more. I need more expansion packs haha! And yes you’re right, that’s Ripp’s son a few years on!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”