OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 28/01/20)

Post by LuckyDuck »

Surprise! New chapter I didn't plan on doing until about half an hour ago!

Chapter 1:10 Interlude (2) - The Visitor
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 30/01/20)

Post by bookloverblue »

Breathtaking updates! Can't wait for more!
Spoiler:
Poor Oliver!

I love your interpretations of Nervous/Charon and Loki.

Also, you write Isaac a thousand times better than I do. I almost feel like it's me who took him off you!
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

You're entire story so far is an exceptional masterpiece. It keeps me coming back for more.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

SimCave- and lovely readers like you give me the drive to keep writing! Thank you so so much : 3

bookloverblue- Thank you very much for your kindness! And I love your characterisation of Isaac, no-one can characterise better than you : 3 I spent some time reading through his dialogue so I could try and get it as right as possible.
Spoiler:
The interpretation of Nervous was based on the one in ‘Strangetown, Here We Come’, which is one of the best sim lits I’ve read. As for Loki, he’s the sort of person who think laws and morals are getting in the way of his research, and he doesn’t care for all the sacrifices made for scientific research at all.
Thanks so much for the feedback guys : 3
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Still working on the next chapter, but the Attwood brothers are now on the Gallery!
Requires Get to Work pack
EA Account ID: anatiidae
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Hopefully Charon is trustworthy. If I were him, I'd be afraid to sleep outside in case whoever he was running away from saw him.

Poor Charon. What they did was disgusting. Of course he wouldn't be able to be "healed" (and I hate that word being used with trauma anyway like you can wave some magic wand and fix things) by someone who was responsible for his trauma to beign with. I doubt he trusted her.

Loki is the worst. He's completely out of touch with reality and human emotions.

Oh man I can't believe Oliver and Dylan's own father is responsible for all this. Didn't he care about his wife and kids?

I can't believe Ollie died the same way his mother did. Dylan is going to be heartbroken. Ollie was trying to get the truth out there, but at what cost.

Your take on Reaper children is interesting.

It must have been rough knowing Oliver was going to die.

Honestly I hope the plant infected Loki. Good riddance.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thanks for sharing your feedback < 3 I love hearing from you as always!

Time for my rambling!
Spoiler:
Yeah, exactly- I did a lot of research on emotional abuse for these two chapters, and I really do hate the idea that people think trauma can be healed with a magic wand. The hardest bit for me was writing the part where Charon tells Oliver to stop attacking Loki, where Loki has conditioned him to be completely obedient even though he has mentally broken Charon. I’m glad you hate Loki’s personality as much as I do; he and Circe only ever cared for their careers. I doubt they even cared about each other; they both were just self-serving pieces of garbage. It’s going to take a lot of time for Charon to try and process a life outside of being a test subject, but Isaac is more than willing to be as patient with him as he needs to be.

My outlook on Reaper kids is similar to the one in Strangetown Here We Come, except Charon doesn’t really get dreams or visions, he just gets very strong vibes that someone is going to die. The issue is that Charon has spent his whole life trying to please Loki and Circe so they don’t hurt him, but now he’s instead trying to make other people happy, people that deserve his kindness. I actually feel horrible for him, especially when he over-thanks people just for treating him like a human being, the poor guy.

As for Oliver, writing his death was actually quite hard, but I’ve had it planned that he wasn’t going to survive since the beginning. Poor Dyl is going to be absolutely devastated to find out what happened to his brother.
Thanks so much for your support ~
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 31/01/20)

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm glad Johnny published Oliver's article, and hopefully that will wake up the higher ups in Strangerville to actually do something about the virus.

Poor Dylan. I'd like to think that somehow Oliver knew Dylan wouldn't stay mad at him forever. It is a shame that he never got to meet Dylan's kids.

Jack is amazing, taking care of Dylan and the kids. He really is so wonderful.

Those poor kids. They're having to grow up in some ways by seeing the horrible things in the world.

I teared up with Oscar the cuddle bear and that sweet picture the kids drew. I love their little family.

I love Oscar's bear puns. :lol:

Yay for Jack proposing! They're such a sweet couple.

Rocket woohoo is always fun.

I do really like how you handle death, and that everyone who passes on is still there in spirit looking over those they loved.

Dylan's goodbye to Oliver was so sweet. :heart:
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thank you again for your kind and helpful feedback! : D
Spoiler:
Yeah, I like to think that eventually, Oliver deep down would know that Dylan wouldn't be mad at him. I'm so glad you liked that drawing, I made it in a digital drawing program with a wax crayon-like brush. I had more fun than I should have done with it. XD And yeah you get points for marrying an alien, so I figured I'd have Jack propose! And thanks so much ^u^ It wasn't really something I thought about until reading a few legacies, and how they try to be sure that none of the old founders etc. get forgotten about. I had to put Ollie's urn in Dyl's inventory after the little twerp cost me 3k Simoleons in 'Possess to Break'-ing the bathtub every five minutes! Just because you're dead, Ollie, it doesn't give you an excuse to screw with me! : P
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

I'm slowly reading through these. I want to take my time and not binge, but I just wanted to chime in and say that what I've read so far has been so funny! Your other series was a lot more dark and dramatic and emotional. I imagine this could go that direction at some point, but for now I am really enjoying the wit.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer wrote:I'm slowly reading through these. I want to take my time and not binge, but I just wanted to chime in and say that what I've read so far has been so funny! Your other series was a lot more dark and dramatic and emotional. I imagine this could go that direction at some point, but for now I am really enjoying the wit.
Hrootbeer- /b] Thank you so so much for your kind words and for reading! It means a lot to me ~ And take your time! People just reading a little bit means the world to me- it's always nice knowing people look at your stuff and enjoy it.
Spoiler:
It does get a bit darker later on, but it's definitely not as dark as OFftS was, at least I'd say so. I'm glad you like it though : )
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 02/02/20)

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I have weird feelings about even sim death, but I always made my sims say goodbye to their loved ones before passing and sometimes they'd come to visit.

Ollie is getting back at you for killing him!

It truly has to be gut wrenching for Dylan to think of how Oliver died. He's right, it would have been much easier if he had just passed from old age.

I really like how Jalisa and Dylan have come to an understanding. Grief does have a way of causing people to bond. I feel bad for Jalisa and her brother that died.

I was wondering if Isaac and Charon would come for a visit. I like that you included Jack's interest in conspiracy theories.

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting Dylan and Oliver's dad to actually be in town and know that Oliver was there. Does he feel any remorse about his wife and son's deaths? Was his wife just a test subject to him?

Loki dying by cowplant would have been pretty great too. I still hate him.

I like that Charon passed on Ollie's urn to Dylan. I think he can hear Dylan talking to him.

Claire already seems really awesome!

I like that Dylan still spends some time with Ollie on Winterfest, even if it is his grave.

I love their Winterfest celebration, with cards from friends and family and the silly gifts.

Haha poor Dylan!

I'm guessing the new gift is a baby. :)
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- I am so happy you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you!
Spoiler:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how Fredrick truly feels, knowing two members of his family died cultivating those plants. I think having Charon visit Dyl was good since he helped him accept Ollie’smdearh a bit better even if Dylan isn’t sure how he feels about believing in ghosts and such. It was however so funny when Dyl got a terrible present from Father Winter in the game. XD And we’ll have to see what the surprise gift is... :D
Thank you so much!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

A big thank-you to you kind people who nominated a couple in this story for the 2020 Golden Plumbobs' Sweetest Lovebirds!
Vote your favourite out of the nominated Sim Lit couples here!

ALSO: New chapter!
Chapter 1:12- Innocence and Experience
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I laughed at the "Usual Atwood Pottymouth" warning. :D

I was right it was a baby! I can't wait to see what the new baby looks like!

It really helps having other aliens around for the pregnancy, and the fact that Dylan has been through this before. Hopefully it's just one baby. I personally wouldn't mind seeing more, but I'm sure you don't want quite a full household.

Haha you can only use the "pregnancy cravings" excuse for so long.

Very awkward after testing out the rose potion. Jalisa might just be a little annoyed with Dylan again.

Le0 is still the best.

Dylan might as well give up even acting like he's going to send in blog posts. :lol: He's had a lot going on, so I don't blame him honestly.

I love Oscar's New Years prediction coming true.

Yay a purple baby! I don't usually get too many purple ones in my game either, my CEA being the exception.

I figured he'd be an Oliver, but that doesn't take away the sweetness of Dylan naming him after his brother.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims - Thank you so much!
Spoiler:
Haha yeah, or maybe Dyl has accidentally shot Cupid’s arrow and started a new awkward workplace relationship? XD As much as you mention the ‘full household’ thing, it wasn’t the original plan but the way things are going, the house is going to get incredibly full at this point. I’ll say this- Oliver isn’t the last member of Gen 2...
Thanks so much for your comments ~
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter, mostly a fluffy one!

Chapter 1.13: A Bit of a Genius
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATED 04/02/20)

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I just love how cute and purple Ollie is! Toddlers are so easily entertained.

I'm glad Twenty Three Llamas went back to making the music they originally intended.

Of course the toy tells you to buy the full collection. Sneaky advertising. :lol:

I would ask for another alien baby all the time if I was Dylan because they're too adorable.

I wonder what would happen to a baby that went through a wormhole. I wouldn't do it, but I am curious.

Isaac does look super different dressed like that.

Well the awkward situation Dylan created seemed to work out for the best!

I'm so happy Dylan and Jack are finally married :heartbeat:

I'm going to be sad when Jack dies. It's so strange to see him as an elder.

Dylan is so awkward at giving "the talk" :rotfl:
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”