Page 12 of 12

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 13th, 2020, 7:11 pm
by LuckyDuck
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
'No, don't. Don't mould yourself into the 'model person', because the moment you act anything less than that, they'll just think you're terrible' I've never read something so relatable. that was like me with school, and most other things, but especially school. I was such a "great" student that it was horrifying to when I started getting Bs in Uni when classes got harder. Also as he goes on about kindness, completely true too. If you're nice, and you or say one bad thing you're horrible.

I just need to hug Dan now. Like wow this chapter is hitting me hard already.

How Dan feels about Max is how I feel about my cat.

Poor Ty forever missing Lani. Sometimes some people just can't move on. They have that one special person, and that's it.

Future romance for Dan? Also I love that he still has his voidcritter cards. I hoard a lot of stuff that'd be considered childish, so I feel that.

What's wrong with Dan dating the maid? Anyone who thinks otherwise is judgy!

Nice people should be with nice people. Get over it Aidan!

I wonder how Virginia will handle an alien baby? Hopefully she's understanding. She seems super nice, so I think she will be.


Thank you so much 108!

Spoiler:
Although I relate to Dan's struggles with trying to be a good person in a world full of awful people, and that if you do one slightly-bad thing everyone goes for your jugular- I was an average student in school so of course nobody cared about me because of that, so the school life part isn't something I relate to at all. I figured I wanted to write about the other side of that, though- because he got high grades in-game, I wanted to deal with the idea that school was a lot of pressure for him, and always being the 'good example' in every corner of his life has stressed him out. Yeah Dan will always treasure his cards as good childhood memories, same way I do with my Pokemon cards!



peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
Poor Dan, but he has found love and that was everybody wants isn't to be loved. I am sure Virginia will love Dan and the baby. (I hope)


Thanks so much Peachy < 3

Spoiler:
Yeah, Virginia actually has the Family-Oriented trait, so that was a big decider on how she will react to the news! Also there's more news...the next chapter will be interesting. XD

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 10:28 am
by Hrootbeer
I love catching up on Saturdays. It's what I do with my morning coffee. I'm interested in how this will all play out! Can't wait.

Spoiler:
I can't believe you were actually trying for triplets! But the twins are so adorable. I loved the picture of them hugging as toddlers!
I think my favorite line of all of the update is this one: "Aidan, whatever you are, whether you're a vegan, or gay, or even a cyclist..." :lol: I'm not a fan of cyclists either, but when Aiden is wearing the avocado bear costume, I got a good laugh. And then I literally spit my coffee when I saw the picture of Tyler as a pineapple bear! :awesome:
Tyler without his disguise is very handsome. I'd forgotten what he looked like. As for those twins, they're kind of mean to their brother Aiden. And Dan, what the heck. I get stress being hard to deal with, but to do bubbles all the time? Not good. I enjoyed the interlude with Dan and Virginia. And then the alien abduction surprised me. I can't remember if he has the Simax male physiology or if he's mostly human and they just pollinated him. But I do have to say that I'm not surprised that Tyler was not only fine with Virginia, but also excited to be a grandfather. Now I just wonder what Virginia will think of Dan's new addition.

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 10:36 am
by LuckyDuck
Hrootbeer wrote:I love catching up on Saturdays. It's what I do with my morning coffee. I'm interested in how this will all play out! Can't wait.

Spoiler:
I can't believe you were actually trying for triplets! But the twins are so adorable. I loved the picture of them hugging as toddlers!
I think my favorite line of all of the update is this one: "Aidan, whatever you are, whether you're a vegan, or gay, or even a cyclist..." :lol: I'm not a fan of cyclists either, but when Aiden is wearing the avocado bear costume, I got a good laugh. And then I literally spit my coffee when I saw the picture of Tyler as a pineapple bear! :awesome:
Tyler without his disguise is very handsome. I'd forgotten what he looked like. As for those twins, they're kind of mean to their brother Aiden. And Dan, what the heck. I get stress being hard to deal with, but to do bubbles all the time? Not good. I enjoyed the interlude with Dan and Virginia. And then the alien abduction surprised me. I can't remember if he has the Simax male physiology or if he's mostly human and they just pollinated him. But I do have to say that I'm not surprised that Tyler was not only fine with Virginia, but also excited to be a grandfather. Now I just wonder what Virginia will think of Dan's new addition.


Thank you so much for your comments as usual! I always love hearing from you! I'm excited to read the next chapter of your Jungle Adventure! : 3

Spoiler:
Haha I'm glad you found those bits funny! I wanted it to be like the equivalent of a TV frame-cut where after someone says 'I'm not doing THAT', they're then seen doing it. : P To be fair I forget the aliens are aliens most of the time since they rarely take off their disguises. I decided that Dan had the 'physiology' and biology of a human male, because Gen Four was originally going to be 'typically'-born babies, as opposed to abductions. Then I remembered how 'lucky' I get with them, but it's cool, more kids is always fun!

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 10:39 am
by LuckyDuck

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 1:33 pm
by 108sims
Spoiler:
That first picture of Sulani is so pretty!

It would be nice for Ty to meet their grandkid, but that really shouldn't have factored into Dan's decision making. Though it makes sense for Dan's character that it did.

Aidan can be such a jerk I swear. Didn't know anyone in the house had to ask him if they could get pregnant or not. :roll:

The deep breathing is probably the best for both Dan and Aidan honestly.

So Dan will be having "twins."

Dan and Virginia are so sweet. Honestly Dan could move out now. I think it's going to take a looong time for Aidan to grow up mentally.

A baby army. :lol:

Oh Ty lol Labor racing! What prize would one win for having the baby first?

Good I'm glad Aidan apologized.

I love how excited Ty is about the babies.

Aidan is actually starting to be a decent brother. I like it.

A cute lil blue alien is born!

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (UPDATE 13/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 2:28 pm
by LuckyDuck
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
That first picture of Sulani is so pretty!

It would be nice for Ty to meet their grandkid, but that really shouldn't have factored into Dan's decision making. Though it makes sense for Dan's character that it did.

Aidan can be such a jerk I swear. Didn't know anyone in the house had to ask him if they could get pregnant or not. :roll:

The deep breathing is probably the best for both Dan and Aidan honestly.

So Dan will be having "twins."

Dan and Virginia are so sweet. Honestly Dan could move out now. I think it's going to take a looong time for Aidan to grow up mentally.

A baby army. :lol:

Oh Ty lol Labor racing! What prize would one win for having the baby first?

Good I'm glad Aidan apologized.

I love how excited Ty is about the babies.

Aidan is actually starting to be a decent brother. I like it.

A cute lil blue alien is born!


Thank you so much < 3

Spoiler:
Yeah, it was a pretty impulsive decision that Dan made that required more thought! And yeah, Aidan and Dan have a lot of sorting-stuff-out to do. THE BLUE ALIEN IS ADORABLE !!

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 2:47 pm
by LuckyDuck
The final chapters:

3:15 - Memento MoriLooking to the Future

Thanks to everyone for reading and those who gave me feedback as well. If you had any favourite parts of the whole story I'd love to know. Thanks for reading all the way to the end! I might do an afterword with scrapped ideas and other thoughts soon.

The final family are available to download on the Gallery, under EA ID: anatiidae. The final family includes Aidan, Ross, Nick, Anton, Harry, Max, Virginia and Daniel. (WARNING: Mermaids are a little bugged for some reason.)

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 3:01 pm
by peachy123uk
Spoiler:
got tears in my eyes again, that was in a way a lovely ending for the story. Thank you for the mention as well. Maybe new challenges await for the Attwoods :applause:

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 3:10 pm
by LuckyDuck
Thanks so much for all of your support Peachy, not just from me but from the rest of Boolprop, you are always so supportive of others! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. And yeah, I do plan to return to the Attwood household to carry on their legacy. I got attached to them XD

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 3:42 pm
by peachy123uk
Thank you LuckyDuck. Well I think everybody supports everybody because we all have one thing in common The Sims (whatever version you play). And the most important part is to have fun.

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 14th, 2020, 8:50 pm
by 108sims
I can't believe it's the end!
Spoiler:
I'm glad Virginia has at least moved close by!

Haha I love that Aidan also got abducted! Probably for the best he didn't decide to become a parent just yet.

I love Ty going to Sixam and getting to see Ruby's memorial. Everything is coming full circle.

Aidan wants Dan to move out, and then he doesn't. I love how so many of these Attwood boys hate the idea of getting a job.

Harry is a little Bob Ross.

Oh gosh I'm getting emotional, that it's Ty's last winterfest, and that Harry got Dylan's triceratops. :(

I'm so sad Ty is gone. I think he was my favorite heir.

I love the round up of everyone and paying tribute to the whole family. I'm going to miss this bunch.


Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! :hug:

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm
by Hrootbeer
Spoiler:
I just finished. So sad. So beautiful. I think you write the most wonderful endings for your Sims. I always hated that part of a legacy. Seeing my sims go was hard. I know that in my Twinbrook Fields DitFT, I tended to just sort of skip over the elder deaths. I rarely included it because I had a hard time writing those emotions.
I love Daniel, though. I wish there was a 4th generation so we'd know about him and his family. I also wanted to see if Aiden found anyone and the twins. But I guess good things have to come to an end. Maybe it's better left to my imagination.
Can't wait to see what you get up to next. A Sulani legacy? Something else?

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 15th, 2020, 1:31 pm
by LuckyDuck
Hrootbeer wrote:
Spoiler:
I just finished. So sad. So beautiful. I think you write the most wonderful endings for your Sims. I always hated that part of a legacy. Seeing my sims go was hard. I know that in my Twinbrook Fields DitFT, I tended to just sort of skip over the elder deaths. I rarely included it because I had a hard time writing those emotions.
I love Daniel, though. I wish there was a 4th generation so we'd know about him and his family. I also wanted to see if Aiden found anyone and the twins. But I guess good things have to come to an end. Maybe it's better left to my imagination.
Can't wait to see what you get up to next. A Sulani legacy? Something else?


Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and for sticking with me to the end, I really appreciate that so much. You and my other readers/commenters keep me going : 3

Spoiler:
I do plan to return to the Attwoods at some point, I have kept their save and plan to do carry on playing as them and telling their story. I also really liked Dan’s character as the ‘perfect guy’ with the perfect life who just wanted to downsize and live simpler. The Attwoods will be back! Also I am toying around with an interesting idea involving Strangerville inspired by you putting a story to your playthrough -u-

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 28th, 2020, 1:21 pm
by bookloverblue
FINALLY catching up with this! (Bad Blue! Bad!)

I'm going to leave comments here and there on the site, but just wanted to mention that I'm catching up here, too.

Spoiler:
I just got to the chapter with Marcel Miskin. I squealed. Thanks for the shout-out!

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 28th, 2020, 2:34 pm
by LuckyDuck
bookloverblue wrote:FINALLY catching up with this! (Bad Blue! Bad!)

I'm going to leave comments here and there on the site, but just wanted to mention that I'm catching up here, too.

Spoiler:
I just got to the chapter with Marcel Miskin. I squealed. Thanks for the shout-out!


Glad you like it! Thank you!

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 28th, 2020, 2:41 pm
by bookloverblue
OK, I've finally read through this. Apologies for the mass comments!

In brief, it was utterly magnificent. Tyler, in particular, was a great character - heartwarming but hilarious, with such an interesting life and family.

The cameos related to my work were a massive honour to me. I almost cried, I was so flattered. You are a truly great writer and I feel indebted to you.

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: March 28th, 2020, 2:45 pm
by LuckyDuck
bookloverblue wrote:OK, I've finally read through this. Apologies for the mass comments!

In brief, it was utterly magnificent. Tyler, in particular, was a great character - heartwarming but hilarious, with such an interesting life and family.

The cameos related to my work were a massive honour to me. I almost cried, I was so flattered. You are a truly great writer and I feel indebted to you.


No don't apologise! I really appreciate you a) sticking with the story and b) commenting! It means the world : 3

And thank you so much! : 3 Tyler was my favourite heir, to be honest. I actually plan to carry on the family story somehow, but I have to work out what I'm doing next- juggling two ideas ATM. And no problem! I love the Miskins, Murdacs and the Pries lot so I had to show my appreciation somehow! (Although Mordecai STILL needs to appear somewhere at some point!) Thanks so much for sticking with the story until the end. < 3

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: April 1st, 2020, 10:18 am
by Nevermore
Only a little binge today. ^^ More tomorrow.

Spoiler:
1.7
Aww!!! He is such a good dad already. Claire likes her daddy's glasses. So cute!!! I could gush all day. XD And Oscar is a little diaper filler. I already love these kids.

Those kids totally poop them nappies on purpose. "Hey Daddies, guess what?" *poops* :lol:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! THEY ARE BOYFRIEND/BOYFRIEND!!! *fangirl screams*

Such a cute little frog! He wanted home. "Ribbit! Ribbit! Love me!! Ribbit!" ^^

LOL! I find Jalisa hilarious! XD

Yay! Dyl got a promotion!

Reflection 2.
So many emotions! Crying over Ruby. Crying over poor Dyl and Ollie... crying that Dyl can think about her again. Mac and cheese will always make me think of Dyl, Ollie and Ruby now.

1.8 Interlude.
XD Erwin is um... interesting.

That bulb is really strange. I wonder who is messing with their communications. Erwin seems strange, but he has a point to be suspicious. :O Someone is up to no good, bringing rare plants to earth.

Damn them anti-alien racists!

Ollie is such a good brother and journalist.

1.8.
:O !!!! THE BABIES ARE TODDLERS!!! So cute!

:hearts: New year kiss! I ship them so hard.

Woah! Abducted again? A new alien baby maybe? And the curses of kid shows... poor Dyl.

:lol: That pic of Jack stood there, while Eli is making a mess all over the floor...

I love this family so damn much!

Wait.... wait.... why does he have to leave?! Nooo!!! Jack, don't go!!!

"Daddy, you look funny!" Dyl face down, butt in the air... :lol: And Eli laughing at him peeing himself! I love the Attwoods.

YAY! They moved back. They moved back. *dances*

Re: OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2020, 12:04 pm
by LuckyDuck
Thank you so much for your comments as always : 3

Spoiler:
OH GOD the amount of nappies Oscar got through was more than any of the other toddlers. And it took them long enough but they eventually decided to become boyfriends, haha! Jalisa and Dyl's childish rivalry is good fun. Yeah, Reflection 2 was one of the most heartbreaking chapters to write. ;n; Erwin Pries is one of my fave premades, he's so weird. :P Dyl got so many abductions. Lucky I got points for alien children in this challenge : P