Introduced Species: a Strangerville Story- COMPLETE 30/03/20

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: Introduced Species: a Strangerville Story (UPDATE 23/03/

Post by LuckyDuck »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
yes can't stand the colour purple (lol). Well I don't know what happens in other stories, so I don't mind a talking plant.
Thanks so much for your comment < 3 Haha yeah, my stories have been much weirder. XD
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love Ollie's expression when he's telling Erwin about the mother.

Not going to lie, I would freak out if something just grew out of the toilet like that.

Ollie that's a super bad idea to go back in there without a hazmat suit!

So what, he thought that she was just going to chill there for a nice little interview?

Don't eat the plant!

I feel like the mother is encouraging him too.

Probably best to keep Erwin inside. I bet it's hard to sleep when he's possessed and spouting off.

I like the text gradually changing to purple with the mother trying to gain control of Ollie, though he's fighting it.

Ollie is changing and not for the better.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I love Ollie's expression when he's telling Erwin about the mother.

Not going to lie, I would freak out if something just grew out of the toilet like that.
Ollie that's a super bad idea to go back in there without a hazmat suit!
So what, he thought that she was just going to chill there for a nice little interview?
Don't eat the plant!
I feel like the mother is encouraging him too.
Probably best to keep Erwin inside. I bet it's hard to sleep when he's possessed and spouting off.
I like the text gradually changing to purple with the mother trying to gain control of Ollie, though he's fighting it.
Ollie is changing and not for the better.
Thank you for your kind words! < 3
Spoiler:
I'm glad you noticed the white/purple gradient as well, Gaia is having fun trying to turn Ollie into her meat puppet. And yeah being locked in with a possessed person would drive you so many kinds of nuts. XD
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

Spoiler:
Just finished both 2 and 3. Wow, the mother is super eerie when she's put into this format. She's terrifying as is, but this way...<shudder> And I have just one thing to say about Ollie--he doesn't even get that woman's name! She kisses him...twice...and he calls her the "military woman". He really has thrown ethics all out the window!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by graymondaysleep »

Spoiler:
Chapter 2! (You need to stop updating all the time, I'm having a hard time catching up LOL!) That poor military woman was so desperate for attention and affection she just kissed Oliver out of nowhere! That's a mood.
Erwin's short-lived possession was so creepy though. Like, no lie, the possessed look on the sims faces when the mother takes them over is TERRIFYING!
Is she called Gaia in the game? That's so cool!

Chapter 3: WOOF IS OLIVER GETTING POSESSED!? It looks like he might be worse off than everyone else because Erwin just snaps in and out of it but it's almost like in Parasyte where the aliens take over their brains and slowly decay them into emotionless killing machines! Will Oliver survive this!? I'll have to wait and find out!!!!
I'm REALLY LOVING THIS! Also, the purple against the monochrome? *chefs kiss* on point!
Can't wait to read more!!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer wrote:
Spoiler:
Just finished both 2 and 3. Wow, the mother is super eerie when she's put into this format. She's terrifying as is, but this way...<shudder> And I have just one thing to say about Ollie--he doesn't even get that woman's name! She kisses him...twice...and he calls her the "military woman". He really has thrown ethics all out the window!
Thank you so so much for keeping up with the comic, I really appreciate having regular readers to look forward to : 3
Spoiler:
Haha I'm glad you like all the creepy Mother-mouth shots. :P And haha yeah, unlike the CEA, this time the 'not getting the girl's name' was actually intentional. :P
[hr]
graymondaysleep wrote:
Spoiler:
Chapter 2! (You need to stop updating all the time, I'm having a hard time catching up LOL!) That poor military woman was so desperate for attention and affection she just kissed Oliver out of nowhere! That's a mood.
Erwin's short-lived possession was so creepy though. Like, no lie, the possessed look on the sims faces when the mother takes them over is TERRIFYING!
Is she called Gaia in the game? That's so cool!

Chapter 3: WOOF IS OLIVER GETTING POSESSED!? It looks like he might be worse off than everyone else because Erwin just snaps in and out of it but it's almost like in Parasyte where the aliens take over their brains and slowly decay them into emotionless killing machines! Will Oliver survive this!? I'll have to wait and find out!!!!
I'm REALLY LOVING THIS! Also, the purple against the monochrome? *chefs kiss* on point!
Can't wait to read more!!
Spoiler:
Haha now the complex is on lockdown I might even finish the comic in the next few days XD I was trying to think of story ways that somebody in the military would just hand it over and I couldn't, so that had to do LMAO. YEAH the possession faces still creep me the hell out. She's just called Mother in the game, but I had the scientists code name her Gaia just so I wouldn't have to keep calling her The Mother over and over. : P YEAH I've kind of gone along with different severities/types of the 'infection', so there's one which you snap in and out of and one more persistent one from breathing in too many of the spores. I'm SO GLAD you like the purple on monochrome because doing the purple overlay sometimes gets irritating LMAO!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: Introduced Species: a Strangerville Story (UPDATE 25/03/

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter time!
Chapter 4
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Ollie's seriously letting this get to his head. What kind of glory does he expect?

Erwin is right, and living with Ollie he can see how much he's changed. I don't think they should leave things alone though BECAUSE of all the trouble they've caused. They at least need to find a way to fix this mess.

Hmmm I wonder if Gaia will turn on Ollie.

Yeah, leave it up to the military because they're always so willing to help. :roll:

Ollie is being a jerk to Erwin though.

Ollie is being so manipulative here.

Will he be able to actually destroy the mother plant?
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Ollie's seriously letting this get to his head. What kind of glory does he expect?

Erwin is right, and living with Ollie he can see how much he's changed. I don't think they should leave things alone though BECAUSE of all the trouble they've caused. They at least need to find a way to fix this mess.

Hmmm I wonder if Gaia will turn on Ollie.

Yeah, leave it up to the military because they're always so willing to help. :roll:

Ollie is being a jerk to Erwin though.

Ollie is being so manipulative here.

Will he be able to actually destroy the mother plant?
Spoiler:
Honestly at this point I think everyone including Gaia wants to punch Ollie square in the jaw. XD But then how much of it is him, and how much of it is Gaia's influence? And yeah exactly, I imagine Jess is the only member of the military not being shady like everyone else : P
Thank you for reading < 3
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
ok what is the plant going to do, will the military person help them at all!
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
ok what is the plant going to do, will the military person help them at all!
Spoiler:
Considering how shady theyvare in Strangerville, not likely, unfortunately : (
Thank you for the comment ~
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

My reaction to update 4 is WHOA!
Spoiler:
Ollie isn't very nice in this series, is he? I mean, he's sort of doing this for all the wrong reasons now. What happened? BUT, the Motherplant! That was one scary last shot! I like the addition of the red.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer wrote:My reaction to update 4 is WHOA!
Spoiler:
Ollie isn't very nice in this series, is he? I mean, he's sort of doing this for all the wrong reasons now. What happened? BUT, the Motherplant! That was one scary last shot! I like the addition of the red.
I always love hearing from you! Thank you < 3
Spoiler:
YEAH I thought because there was already purple in the last shot, more purple would be too hard to read. I love that close up shot, the mother is so terrifying and cool. I want my own little Mother plant in a plant pot and I will hug her and love her. XD I wish Strangerville was longer so I could pace Ollie's gradual development out a little better, but I'm guessing a month or so has passed, I honestly don't know. XD But yeah in this universe Ollie is a much more flawed character. More interested in the eventual victory and public fame than he is in the story or the townspeople.
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

This is completely brilliant! I love the purple on the black-and-white, and the plot is awesome.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

bookloverblue wrote:This is completely brilliant! I love the purple on the black-and-white, and the plot is awesome.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it, because the image editing takes forever. XC I'm just finishing up the last chapter now but it's taking ages XC
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: Introduced Species: a Strangerville Story- COMPLETE 30/0

Post by LuckyDuck »

The final chapter:

Chapter 5 Finale
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
So I read this when you first sent me the link, but now I need to reread again and digest it, so I can type up more of a response other than: :censored: you Ollie.

Even Gaia is done with Ollie which doesn't bode well.

So Ted is possibly mildly infected like Ollie since he isn't acting full out possessed.

I do like Ollie pointing out that they shouldn't leaving a gaping hole in the fence at the secret lab, though. :lol:

Trying to compensate for something. :spit:

Neither of them have any ethics, so neither of them have the moral high ground in this situation.

More blackmail by Ollie. Ted doesn't need, but of course Ollie does.

Of course Ollie is too high and mighty to vaccinate himself. :roll: And dude it's not a good thing when you're comparing your reasoning with a planet that possesses people.

Suuure you don't need her gifts Ollie. Keep telling yourself that.

Ollie never had a change of heart. From just a few days/weeks in this was all his plan to begin with.

Ollie is officially a terrible monster for just letting Gaia take Dylan's life. :censored: him

So yeah I hate Ollie.
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
a twist in the tale, well done. What's next?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by graymondaysleep »

I am catching up!!
Spoiler:
Chapter 4: Well, I guess Gaia's enraged now.
Ooh! We're getting close to the big finale! The banding of brothers! Time to fight the beast!
God I love this story so much! I just really enjoy the comic-book aesthetic of it. It reminds me when I was a teenager and I would spend all of my time on the computer reading manga translations on websites because I couldn't afford the full books. It's giving me non-stop nostalgia.

I'm now going onto the last chapter! Ooh!!

Chapter 5: Oof, the way Gaia is tainting Oliver's thoughts. Eery.
YOU WHAT!?
YOU WHAT!?
OLVIER WHAT!?
LuckyDuck. What have YOU DONE!? What a TWIST!
WHAT A TWIST!!!!

This was so phenomenally good! You should be really proud of yourself because you made this mystery so much more interesting than I thought it could be! I absOLUTELY enjoyed every moment of this, and that's saying something cus sci-fi ain't my style at all.
I loved this.
WOW!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Haha thank you for your comment XD
Spoiler:
Even the original monster is just completely done with him. XD And yeah Ted and Ollie are both A-holes, defo. And yup, poor Dyl! what did he ever do in this universe to deserve that?
Peachy123uk- Thank you so much for reading! I'm currently trying to figure out what to do next. : P

graymondaysleep- I really appreciate you reading, thank you so much! : 3
Spoiler:
I'm glad the 'art style' works because it took forever setting it all up! and I'm so happy you like the twist ending, thank you < 3

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”