Housewarming Gift Exchange

Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Housewarming Gift Exchange

Post by Rosanna »

Hey Boolpropians! So in celebration of the big move, we're doing a li'l gift exchange! The concept is the same as a Secret Santa or a Secret Valentine. First things first though: please only sign up if you are sure you will be able to create a gift. If something unexpected comes up, well, that's another story, but please only sign up if you know you'll be able to commit. We don't want anybody not receiving anything! :misspeak:

The premise is simple: sign up in this thread. Once sign-ups are closed, you'll be PM'd the name of your giftee. You'll have a few weeks to create something for your giftee. :thup:

Possible ideas include: a graphic, a sim or a lot, a short story or poem, CC if you know how to make it, etc. Be creative! :dizzy:
You can also look through your giftee's posts and stories to get an idea of what they like

Once you've finished making your gift, send it to me (Rosanna) in a PM. :chat:

Please sign up by: September 1st
Please send in your gift by: September 29th

After I send out all the gifts (and reveal identities), we'll have a thread that'll let you show off what you got, if you feel like it! :hugs:

Signup by filling out this form and posting it in this thread Signups are now over!

If you have a question that you'd like to ask your giftee, send a PM to me with both the question and the username of your giftee and I'll ask them for you.

Medals will be awarded! (To those who remember to send their gifts, that is ;) )
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Housewarming Gift Exchange

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I rejoined just at the right time!

Name: Nichola
Sims Versions* (see note): The Sims 3
Favorite color: Blue
Hobbies/Interests: Video games, anime, photography, cross stitch and dog walking
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: I love Ghibli and Pokemon!
Anything else you want to add: I'll be happy to receive and make for anyone I get, it's a great way to get back into a community!

:hugs:
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I'll play!

Name: Jenn/Rai :)
Sims Versions* (see note): The Sims 2
Favorite color: Midnight Blue, Hunter Green and Silver
Hobbies/Interests: Writing and photography mainly, with a side of video games.
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Hmm, I'm into all kinds of music. Love shows like CSI and NCIS. Wizard of Oz and Labyrinth would be fave movies - books I'm into fantasy and romance, love the Dark Series by Christine Feehan!
Anything else you want to add: Surprise me! :p
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Oh man, sure thing. :)

Name: Thai
Sims Versions* (see note): TS2 & TS3 - I'm happy with either!
Favorite color: Orange
Hobbies/Interests: Astrology, graphology, herbology (so many ologies), baking, writing, graphics and sleep. Sleeping counts.
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: I love swing and electronica music (electroswing is a big plus). I love soppy romance songs that are upbeat and happy. In the ways of TV shows, mostly just Doctor Who. I like a few others but Doctor Who is definitely my favourite. Movies... Rocky Horror Picture Show, Ghibli and Disney. And in the ways of books, I really like slice of life exposition-y books - like "The Husband's Secret", "A Week In December" and "The Help", but I really like Neil Gaiman's stuff as well. c:
Anything else you want to add: If it's a piece of art I will probably love it no matter what, drawing, writing, graphics - those are the big things for me! I love scenery and that's pretty much half my blog, which is also a great place to look to find my interests, I suppose. :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Name: Ally
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims 3
Favorite color: Burgundy
Hobbies/Interests: Photography (and I love cameras so much), baking, drawing, reading (all the time - I love books!) :D , writing
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Harry Potter (books and films), GoT books, BBCs Sherlock. My favourite music is Indie - I love Bastille!
Anything else you want to add: I'm excited for this :D And surprise me! I love surprises.
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Sophie

Post Counts

Post by Sophie »

Name: Sophie
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims 3 please :)
Favorite color: Blue or Purple
Hobbies/Interests: Baking, travelling, chocolate (it counts as an interest :shifty: ) San Diego Chargers
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Bones, GoT, The Great British Bake Off, Harry Potter Books, Disney Films! Preferably the oldies (Lion King, Little Mermaid, that sort of thing) I like loads of different music, indie probably coming top, and anything Mumford and Sons :D
Anything else you want to add: I think this covers it! I can't wait for the surprise!
shannonagins
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by shannonagins »

Name: Shan
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims2 and Sims3
Favorite color:Purple/Teal/Turquoise/Aqua
Hobbies/Interests:knitting, crochet, sims, Baltimore Orioles
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: I love lots of stuff. I'm not very good at this whole picking favorites thing.
Anything else you want to add: Is it party time yet? lol Nope nothing else.
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
Ath

Post Counts

Post by Ath »

Sure!

Name: Austin / Ath
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims 3 :D
Favorite color: Currently it's a foresty green, but I also love orange, like a really brownish orange.
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, fiction for the most part (And Medical biographies O.O). Running, anything with water, and writing.
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Oh my loaded question. Musicians : Mat Kearney, Sleeping At Last, and Florence and The Machine. Tv Shows: Grey's Anatomy, Parks and Recreation and Survivor. Movies: The Count of Monte Cristo, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Meet Joe Black. Books: Too long of a story and I can't even narrow it down, but I can say Count of Monte Cristo (again), Gathering Blue and a book called Gifted Hands. [I tried to put the three of each!]
Anything else you want to add: :awesome:

Thanks for the sig Christie :D
christie
Location: a girl from ohio trying to make it in new york city

Post by christie »

Name: Christie
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims 3
Favorite color: Blue
Hobbies/Interests: music, traveling, New York City/all cities enthusiast, graphic design, reading, musical theatre
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: I love Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Parks & Rec, New Girl for TV. Disney movies & Harry Potter is always a win too. I love all types of music and have a special place in my heart for guitars aka my one true love. Books.. I read a lot of random stuff but again I love Harry Potter. The Catcher in the Rye and the Great Gatsby are also 2 classics in my heart.
Anything else you want to add: I love cats and elephants with a passion... to find out more stuff about me you should probably check out my personal tumblr linked in my profile! Can't wait!
these days my life just careens through a pinball machine
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Name:Pony
Sims Versions* (see note): TS2
Favorite color:Blue, Green, or purple
Hobbies/Interests:Writing reading, playing with fish tanks
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Bones, Disney Movies, Pokemon, Skyrim, David Eddings' books, Patricia Briggs' books
Anything else you want to add: I love fishies :fish: And all other animals.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I'll play, though if someone can tell me how to extract Sims 3 sims that would help a lot. I don't know how to do that in Sims 3.

Name:Ani-Mei
Sims Versions* (see note): I have Sims 2 and 3, but prefer 2.
Favorite color: Lilac and many more but we'll go with that.
Hobbies/Interests: Writing, simming, drawing, reading, Pokemon, obscure 90's pop culture references, punning. Anyone who frequents the chat box knows that.
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Supernatural, Under the Dome, Defiance, Salem, Anime
Anything else you want to add: I have a weakness for Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I blow way too much money on them at Anime North every year. See siggy. That is a card.
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Ani-Mei: When you're in CAS in Sims 3, and there's the little portrait of your sim at the bottom, click on the three dots (...) on the sims portrait for the extra options, and there's an option to save your sim to bin - then in your documents on your computer (in the Sims 3 folders), in your SavedSims folder, they should be there :) If you don't have the SavedSims folder, you can just create this in documents :)
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

And here I thought it was a process like Sims 2 where you have use something like Sim PE to get the file out....found them. >_<
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Name:PuddRing18
Sims Versions* (see note): I have both Sims2 and 3. I actually prefer Sims3
Favorite color:Purple, Orange, Lime Green, Green, Turquiose, Blue, Yellow, NO PINK
Hobbies/Interests:Sims2 and 3, WWE, Budgies (parakeets, dogs)
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: 3 Doors Down, Harry Potter, Bones, Castle, Perception, WWE, The Golden Girls. Classic Walt Disney Movies like The Jungle Book
Anything else you want to add: Yes, just surprise me
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Name: Chase
Sims Versions* (see note): 2
Favorite color: Mint! Also, pastels in general! Sunset colors! :')
Hobbies/Interests: Theatre/musical theatre, Lady Gaga (:shifty:), boys (:shifty:), music, gaming, cats, acting, singing, the internet
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: oh here we go: Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Björk, Girls' Generation/SNSD; Teen Wolf, Game of Thrones, Scandal; Harry Potter; Do Kyungsoo, Zayn Malik, Andrew Garfield.... :shifty:
Anything else you want to add: Thank you in advance! I'll also be getting Sims 4 eventually, so that's not off limits exactly!
hello! :heartbeat:
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

Name: Sporks
Sims Versions* (see note): None D:
Favorite color: GREEN NOT PINK
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Exploring, Frozen, dancing.
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Frozen, Darren Criss, David Sederis (Author), Surprise me
Anything else you want to add: Thank-you!!!!
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Name: Faye Silver
Sims Versions* (see note): Sims 2, Sims 3
Favorite color: Red
Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Reading, Drawing
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Frozen, Homestuck, Animal Crossing, Pokemon
Anything else you want to add: Danke!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!!
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Name: Iya
Sims Versions* (see note): TS2
Favorite color: Green, Mint, Pastel, Bright Colors
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Simming, Drama
Favorite musicians/tv shows/movies/books/etc: Boss & Me (Chinese), A Walk to Remember, It Happened One Autumn (by Lisa Kleypas), too many to list... lol
Anything else you want to add: Surprise me! :haha:
ImageImage
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Alright, signups are now closed and pairings will be sent out shortly!

If you have any questions, please PM me!
Feel free to chit-chat (about the gift exchange) in this thread

Return to “Archives”