Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Let's Build It Chat

Post by Ani-Mei »

I think I will enter this round. Because I do have a family in mind to make a house for.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Dang, I totally meant to enter Round 25, but time got away from me. :sigh: At least I can vote and enter the next round, though!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Do default replacements count? I have some that fix things like the misaligned drawer on the FT juice bar, and a ton of replacements for wallpaper. It'd be easy enough to pull them out, but putting them back in when I've finished can lead to some... interesting results.

Also lol, I did no/very minimal CC for the last round, now I'm going to have to pull it off again. :lol:
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Hm yeah default replacements are fine
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Awesome, thanks!

Mine are super close to the maxis walls anyways, they just use the same molding as my custom walls (with slight changes to some colours). :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oooooh! A no CC challenge? Awesome!

I think recolors are OK, as long as they are reasonably close to the original. So, no wild prints unless they resemble already existing wild prints, such as the disco/go-go prints, or the "scene" prints (like the moon, the kid's castle, the cityscape). That way, you're sticking to the basics, just enhancing them a bit.

I think we should leave CC plants and decor right out, though. Fixing something that is rough (smoothing the edges or lining up bad lines) should be OK, as long as it's recognizable as an actual in-game thing.

However, I do have a question about OMSP (One More Space, Please) surfaces. Using these invisible CC objects allows you to place a lot more things on a regular surface, or just on surfaces where it wouldn't be allowed, anyway. They are great, but they don't work for everyone. Are we going to allow them?

Of course, with Move Objects on and Snap To Grid off, you can put a whole lot of objects around your house, without using the OMSPs. It's not quite as realistic as real life, of course, but with clever use of really small surfaces of the proper height, you can sort-of kind-of almost mimic an invisible OMSP.

I vote not to use the OMSPs, but allow full use of move objects, snaptogrid off, and 45degreeangleofrotation turned on. (is that true, or on? I need to look it up). That way, nobody has to risk breaking their game downloading OMSPs that may or may not work with their particular system, and everyone is on an equal footing.

Usually, we let people have free reign with CC, and that's great. I love what I see. But for this particular one, Round 26, I really do think we should limit the OMSPs, please.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

I'm okay with no recolors and no cc. I know it'll be a challenge for most people, but I don't have any of either so it doesn't effect me too much. :B
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I made some recolours for my Rainbowcy and the only CC I have is hair, a strawberry plant, and mods to make Sims 3 remotely playable. But I'm not very good at these things, I didn't get a single vote in Round 25.
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Hmm, I'm unsure about the OMSPs as I'm unsure if they give that much of an advantage to players who can use them.

I'm leaning towards letting each player decide whether or not they want to use OMSPs (as this round is really run by the honor code. Nobody's going to be going through all the entries to make sure no CC is used) but am very open to hearing other users' opinions on this!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei wrote:I made some recolours for my Rainbowcy and the only CC I have is hair, a strawberry plant, and mods to make Sims 3 remotely playable. But I'm not very good at these things, I didn't get a single vote in Round 25.

How do you play Sims 3 remotely? Is there some telecommuting scheme going on?

Aww, just because you didn't get a vote doesn't mean you're not a good house-builder. It means that SOME of us (ahem, sorry), forgot that we could click for more than one entry. I voted for the one that made me go Awwwwww! and the one that made me go, "I'd like to live there!" Except then, I had to choose just one! Oh, noes! Except that I didn't. Whoops. Yours was definitely top two for me, though.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I wish, but no. In that context it means barely playable, you know remote...lonely, isolated.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I have a question about using Sims 3 for this - are we allowed to use Create-a-Style to change colours and/or patterns?
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Hmm, that's a toughie.

I would be okay going by MichelleCYoung's idea, that recolors/Create-a-Style are okay as long as they are similar to the original. Is everyone cool with that? I want there to be enough rules so that it's fair to everybody, but at the same time not make it so restrictive that it's not fun anymore
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Cool, thanks for setting some rules, Rosanna. I think I'll just try to avoid using Create-a-Style when I'm building. I should hopefully have time to come up with an entry later this week, depending on my work schedule!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

I came here to ask the same question as Emily, so I'm glad there's already an answer! Create-a-Style is such a crutch to me when I'm building (somehow I've convinced myself that it's cheating to leave any object in its default colour, idk) so I might also try to do this round without using it at all. As therapy for my CaSt addiction. And a reprieve for my pattern catalogue, which typically takes 3 bajillion years to load. :P
Image Image Image
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

10 days left!!
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Last day!! Anyone need an extension?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Quick announcement! Rosanna has asked me to take over Let's Build It, so from this point on I will be running the event. Please be sure to send your future entries to me, instead! :)
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

So I've started to fall more in love with building things so I'm potentially gonna take part in the future, just posting so I can keep an eye on this thread
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

1 week left to submit entries!

Return to “Let's Build it”