How do you blog without headaches?

Need help with the game or your simming computer? Here’s the spot to ask!
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

How do you blog without headaches?

Post by Voguishstorm »

Halp! Yes I come back from the dead needing help. I was going to come back with a legacy update but...

I'm having issues publishing it. I use Wordpress (in website version). It worked fine until I ran out of space, plus it was annoying to post.
Then I discovered Open Live Writer, which is a dream for the whole writing part. Except now it keeps having issues when it comes to publishing it to my Wordpress.
It keeps telling me that "Picture Upload Not Supported by Blog". It's not the first time I've had this issue, and I tried everything online to fix it to no avail.

At this point I'm fed up of always getting my simming interupted by Sims 3 bugs AND apparently blogging barriers too.

What is an alternative that

a) is free
b) will be a lifelong alternative because I'm writing an Alphabetcy so I need lots of picture storage space
c) doesn't ask me to jump through countless hoops just to post an update.

Bonus points if I can get it to work with Wordpress because I don't really want to move my whole blog over :/
ImageImageImage
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: How do you blog without headaches?

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well I don't know if you have Office or not, but I use it to make Power Points, then I upload those power points to Slide Share and post a link on my LJ that in turn gets copied here for reading. I used to do blog type posts on my LJ in the early days, until the Photobucket fiasco forced me off that. I wasn't paying for it to retrieve my pictures that it "stole" when it went behind a paywall. Good thing I have all those pictures on jump drives. I don't know if you want those three extra steps but it does have WordPress support on Slide Share so you just share the link when the power point is ready and copy it into a WordPress blog.
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

I don't mind extra steps if it reliantly works. I do have Office.

Teach my uncultured butt. What is LJ?

Thank you for replying!
ImageImageImage
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

When I post on WP I don't actually host my images on there, I first upload them to IMGUR. They seem to load faster that way too.
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Isn't it a pain to add them to your post one by one though? That's what I used to do with Photobucket and why I loved Open Live Writer because I could just upload them all in my post, then write, and pouf, done, instead of uploading them one by one.
ImageImageImage
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

LJ= LiveJournal it's an older blog site, at least 20 years old but still works. It was founded in 1999.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I use blogger and have no restrictions on how much I post and I have posted a lot. But you can put on all your pictures on it at once. I don't edit my pictures, and taken using the camera from the camera (ts2). My opinion I would just start anew and put a link to your all other stories.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Help!”