SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Post by Radiochocolate »

I was going to shoot for gold but due to my several school projects for October I might have to settle for bronze :/
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I plan on just updating as usual (usually twice a week, but more frequently lately), and hoping SimNaWriMo keeps me motivated to keep on going ^.^
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

A few more days, guys! Woo!

Is everyone prepping or holding off til the 1st?

I've got three full update written and waiting in the chamber for the first! :celebration:
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I've got pictures shot for my legacy that I've been working on for a few months before SimNaWriMo was announced, but I've held off doing any writing, because doing the bulk of the work in October is kind of the point of the challenge (for me, I should say). :lol:

That being said, nobody's gonna know if you took advantage of the extra month to do more than just plan. ;)
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Heather wrote: That being said, nobody's gonna know if you took advantage of the extra month to do more than just plan. ;)
I just wanted to be honest. Plus, I just wanted to get the backlog of pictures out of the way for the fresher ones. I could realistically publish each in the few days leading up. I'm not going to be in trouble for ^ will I? I saw others talking about pre-writing and wanted to take advantage of the free time I have. I don't want to cheat... :sorry:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Oh, no, I was just teasing! :misspeak: :lol: It's a super busy time of year of a lot of people, we're definitely not going to punish or disqualify people for (wisely) using the extra month we gave you guys! As I said, I've also got a backlog myself consisting of a bunch of staged pictures, that I would not have had the time to do in one month. I personally held off doing any writing because I consider getting all of that done in a month to be my personal challenge. I really should have worded that better... :shifty:

Sorry if I scared you! I fixed the phrasing in my post to better reflect what I should have said.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

:pearls: Oh gosh! This is just going to be a sorry party! I am so prone to panic and guilt that I sometime forget how I can drag other into it! And don't worry about scaring me. My cat and I share the ability to be startled by very little! ;)

I honestly can't do anymore writing before October anyway. I just figured with the nature of my particular challenge, requiring heir polls, I would need to be wise about time use. As long as everything is fine, we can all be fine and happy :duck:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Never get into an apology fest with a Canadian. :sly: Everything is good, though, so don't worry! I'm pretty sure the only way someone could possibly get disqualified from this event is by being rude to another member. Or picking a fight with the mods running the event. Don't do either of those, and you'll be golden. :lol:

Smart thinking about working ahead to get around the delay heir polls would cause! My story is so slow paced, I haven't even reached a point where people would vote for a heir yet. That, and I'll be picking the heir myself, because I am too much of a control freak to let others decide how my storylines are going to play out... :shiftyeyes:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Oh I have a favorite for heir, but I am required to do heir polls, but if I could pick they would be right in there.

And I don't know about the apology thing. I may not be Canadian, but I am a major league apologizer. :smirk:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Been a very busy month for me too, I havnt done any prepping really. Im off work for a week at the end of October so I may be able to get a few updates out then though.... :D
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Did a little bit of writing tonight, and got a mini-update ready, so that I actually have a chance at getting another 9 out in October. :lol: I have enough scenes fully shot that I can write & release another 2 before I have to start taking more pictures to fill in the gaps I've left. This month is going to be intense. :heavybreathing:

Since my updates are normally 100 slides (and the writing ranges from 8-10k in length), I'm splitting my chapter up into 10, 10 slide updates. Going to release it as a full, proper chapter (and probably clean it up a bit) by the end of the month, hopefully. :)
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I cant wait for tomorrow so I can get this started!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I'm new to this whole challenge but I'm super excited! I've always wanted to do an actual NaNoWriMo, but I never was able to complete it... however lately I'm crunching out huge updates for my story frequently, and since I'm always writing it anyways... I figured why not? What's the worst that could happen? I end up short?
Either way, I'm really excited for this challenge (I think I said that)!
:yoyo:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Just a note to all - the update thread will be opened at midnight tonight, you post in there everytime you update along with a link and we'll have a tally going on the main post. :D
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

It's going to be such an intense month! All I can think about are my sims are all of the footage I have to edit together and how much I have to play to try and get 10 updates out if I want the gold and I really want the gold :twisted:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

cynicalbadger wrote:It's going to be such an intense month! All I can think about are my sims are all of the footage I have to edit together and how much I have to play to try and get 10 updates out if I want the gold and I really want the gold :twisted:
I know that intense...intensity! The weird part of my brain that gets super competitive with...no one really is just screaming "We need the gold! Get that gold!" Part of it have apparently morphed in to an 1800's prospector during a gold rush.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Jesslb429 wrote:
cynicalbadger wrote:It's going to be such an intense month! All I can think about are my sims are all of the footage I have to edit together and how much I have to play to try and get 10 updates out if I want the gold and I really want the gold :twisted:
I know that intense...intensity! The weird part of my brain that gets super competitive with...no one really is just screaming "We need the gold! Get that gold!" Part of it have apparently morphed in to an 1800's prospector during a gold rush.
You have a prospector in your brain too? :upsidedown: At first I was like, oh try for 3 but that jumped quickly to well you'd probably get about 5 or 6 out in a month easy so why not just try for 7? To full blown GOTTA GET THAT GOLD

#GoingforGold2k16
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Abby wrote:Just a note to all - the update thread will be opened at midnight tonight, you post in there everytime you update along with a link and we'll have a tally going on the main post. :D

...midnight where?...

:shifty:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm so excited I could explode. :bounce:

I have to play three households to have enough pictures for ten updates. I'm definitely going for the gold! :woot:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Teresa wrote:...midnight where?...
Unless Abby beats me to it, midnight in good ol' Toronto, Ontario. ;) (About 2 hours from now! :D)

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”