The Never Say Never Challenge

The Never Say Never Challenge

Postby nooboostar » July 13th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Hey there, folks, hope you're all having a great day/night! I was browsing through Boolprop a few days ago and came across an interesting TS4 challenge created by @Purplethistles: the Never Say Never Challenge, where you basically can't say no to your Sims for anything and must fulfill as many whims as you can. So, combining my love for creating challenges as well as my interest in Purplethistle's challenge, I decided to try and brainstorm a TS2 version of it for myself and any fellow Sims 2 players. :D

Before I begin explaining the challenge, though, I just want to clarify that this concoction is a blend of my brain, Purplethistles' TS4 ruleset, and ASimWen's ruleset for a similar TS2 challenge called the Five Wishes A Day Challenge. Credit goes to these two Simmers for providing a foundation for me and my brain to work with. Okay, now that everything's been settled let's get down to the nitty gritty. *cracks knuckles*

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

THE RULES
  • CC is allowed, as long as it is not a modded object that makes gameplay easier.
  • Money cheats such as kaching, motherlode and familyfunds are not allowed.
  • Cheats, mods, and hacks that make gameplay easier are not allowed. Game fixes are allowed, however.
  • Aspiration perks and rewards are not allowed since most, if not all, of them make gameplay easier. If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll change this rule to allow them.
  • Career rewards are allowed, since they don't make gameplay easier in any way. If I remember correctly, all you can do is build up skills while using them. If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll change this rule to prohibit them.
  • Free will must be left on, and you cannot cancel any free-will actions. So if your Sim decides to spy on their neighbor(s) through the telescope during the day, for example, you must allow them to do so.*
  • You cannot ignore or reject any wants or fears at all. Whatever they roll for, you make it happen!** You may also lock specific wants or fears, if you wish.
  • You cannot dictate your Sim's life in any way, meaning how your Sim lives their life depends entirely on their wants and fears.***
  • You cannot ignore or reject events or situations that require a choice to be made in-game (eg: welcome wagon/neighbors stopping by, phone calls, gifts, invitations to go out, networking opportunities, chance cards, bringing Sims home, magazine subscriptions, etc).

HOW TO PLAY
1) Start off by creating an adult Sim, and customize their appearance and personality however you want. If you're a fan of surprises and randomness (like me, lol), then you can just click the die icon in CAS or select a Sim from the CAS bin. You can also use the Sim Randomizer from Mod The Sims for a truly random experience, if you wish. The CAS world is your oyster!

2) Move your Sim onto an empty lot, a premade house, or a premade apartment building. The moving in part is your other oyster, lol! Similar to step one, if you like randomness then feel free to use an online picker to make the choice for you (I personally like to use this tool when I'm indecisive). Also, if you choose to move them into a premade house then it must be within their §20,000 starting budget.****

3) After you've made your Sim and settled them into their new humble abode, the real fun can begin *evilly rubs hands together*: you must fulfill as many of their wants and fears as you can until they kick the bucket, which is when the challenge ends. If they die from old age then you win the challenge, but if they die prematurely then you lose. Once the challenge ends, you can start calculating your score using the point system below.*****

+5 for every new want or fear fulfilled. After this, only give yourself +1 point each time that same want or fear is fulfilled
+10 for every extreme want or fear fulfilled (eg: woohoo with 10 Sims)
+15 for every lifetime want fulfilled
+20 if your Sim dies in Perma-Plat (i.e. white & gold urn/tombstone)

FAQ
1) "I already fulfilled the fear of changing a diaper for my Sim, but now their spouse rolled for it as well. If I choose to fulfil this fear for the spouse, do I get five points or one?"
You only get one point because you already fulfilled this fear, even if it was for a different Sim. If a want or fear is completely new (i.e. no one rolled for it yet, or you haven't fulfilled it for anyone yet), then you get five points for fulfilling it.

2) "I have a Knowledge Sim and he wants to be an Education Minister and for his next promotion he needs another skill, say charisma. But he wants to learn cooking. What do you do? Do you go for the lifetime want? Or just let them have their daily wants?"
This question was asked on ASimWen's blog by an anonymous user, so I decided to include it here because they have a valid point. ASimWen suggested going for the LTW, and I agree with this because you'd be earning more points in the long-run (refer to the point system above).

NOTES
*Since Sims are inherently stupid, it’s highly likely that they will not stop doing their free-will action until their moods plummet severely and they are on the brink of death. For this reason, I’m allowing you to cancel the free-will action after letting them indulge in it for a bit.

**I understand that it's not possible to fulfil every single want or fear for a Sim (or multiple, if you have more than one in your household), so you just need to fulfil as many as you can until the end of the challenge.

***Your Sim's life is completely under their control. You are not allowed to influence it in any way. For example, you cannot choose a specific career for them or whether they get married or adopt a pet. Simply put; if they don't roll for it, you don't do it. This rule also applies to all other Sims in the household (if there are any).

****If you choose to move your Sim into a premade house, you cannot use kaching/motherlode/familyfunds to allow them to afford a specific residential lot you have your eye on. As stated earlier, money cheats are strictly prohibited in this challenge.

*****Although the challenge originally had no points, I decided to add some to this version for a bit of motivation. The point system provided also applies to all other Sims in the household (if there are any).

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

And that's it, Simmers! I hope you like this modified challenge. Please let me know what you think, and feel free to leave a link to your attempt if you decide to play it. Also, if you have any suggestions or if you notice any mistakes please let me know in the replies. Similarly, if you have any questions that I didn't cover in the FAQ let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll also edit the ruleset to add your questions to the FAQ. :)
Last edited by nooboostar on July 15th, 2021, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiveJournal [ARCHIVED] | Tumblr | Blogger

ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 21
Golden Plumbob 2021 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1)
2020 Advent (1) Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1)
Happy Birthday (1) 500 Posts (1) 1,000 Posts (1)

Re: The Never Say Never Challenge

Postby peachy123uk » July 15th, 2021, 12:13 am

I shall give this a try when Simnano has finished.
SIMNANO OPEN
UPCOMING EVENTS: HALLOWEEN, BOOLPROP'S 16TH BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS
THERE ARE GAMES IN TGBO: WORD SEARCH, JIGSAW AND MORE
DAILY HOUSE LOTTO AND THE I QUIT GAME IN BOOLPROP HOUSE.

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 38
Medal Hoarder (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1) Golden Plumbob 2021 (1) Halloween Challenge 2020 (1) Christmas 2020 (1) Help Santa (1) Not So Secret Santa (1) 2020 Advent (1) Valentine 2021 (1)
Love Heart Hunt (1) Valentine Bingo (1) Valentine Challenge (1) Easter 2021 30 Chicks (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) Palmer's Lost Eggs (1) Pride 2021 (1) Gnome Candle (1) 15th Birthday Event (1)
Birthday Present Hunt 15 (1) (100) Gold (1) And All I Got Was This T-Shirt (1) Snazzle's Song (1) Wipe Right (1) Liquid Gold, or Not (1) My New Best Friend (1) Dig Down Deep (1) Listen to the Radio (1)
United Kingdom (1) Happy Birthday (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1) 1,000 Posts (1) 2,000 Posts (1) 3,000 Posts (1) 4,000 Posts (1) 5,000 Posts (1)
7,500 Posts (1) 10,000 Posts (1)

Postby nooboostar » July 15th, 2021, 4:31 am

Oooh, I'll definitely be on the look out for that then! I'm going to attempt the challenge myself, too. So excited to start once I get the chance! :bounce:
Last edited by nooboostar on July 15th, 2021, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Golden Plumbob 2021 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1)
2020 Advent (1) Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1)

Postby Purplethistles » July 15th, 2021, 4:32 am

Brilliant Nooboostar, so pleased there is a version for sims 2 as well! I will be reading any stories for this too!
Never Say Never / Hurricane ISBI
Word Count: 6423/25000
Picture Count: N/A
Update Count: N/A

My Stories
Never Say Never
Boolprop Genetic Roulette
The One Percent Story

Find My Never Say Never, Extreme Dumpster and One Percent Challenge Rules HERE
Purplethistles

Medals: 2
I Supported Boolprop! (1) Boolprop Genetic Roulette (1)

Postby nooboostar » July 15th, 2021, 4:35 am

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! This challenge was honestly super fun to modify! :D

nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Return to Sims 2 Rulesets