Sims 2 - The One True Legacy (Requires FreeTime EP)

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Sims 2 - The One True Legacy (Requires FreeTime EP)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is a basic legacy, but with a twist. It's all about The One True legacy.

First of all, when you create your founder, you can choose anything you like, but once you load the founder in the lot, you must make sure that the sim has The One True lifetime want for that aspiration.

Yes, each aspiration has ONLY ONE acceptable LTW.

Grilled Cheese - Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, obviously. What else matters in life?

Family - Become Captain Hero - Make the city safe for the children!

Knowledge - Become Education Minister - Because learning is the most important thing. (Change to Mad Scientist, if you don't have the EP that gives Education)

Fortune - Become Business Tycoon - Because Business makes the world go around

Popularity - Become Mayor - "I have so many friends, I don't even NEED to poll the voters!"

Romance - Become Celebrity Chef - Because the way to a sim's heart is through that sim's stomach.

Pleasure - Become Professional Party Guest - Getting paid to party! What could be better?

If you don't have the right LTW, you can use SimBlender to change it, or open the cheat console and type in "Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true" and enter to get into cheat mode. Then, hold the shift key as you left-click your sim, select "Spawn," and select "Sim Modder." The Sim Modder (looks like a standing baby) will allow you to cycle through the lifetime wants (must have game running, but you can pause again, as often as needed, while you check and click it again, then set to normal speed, and pause and check) until you get what you need.

Note: to avoid glitches, open the cheat console again, and type "Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false" and enter, to get out of cheat mode.

Now that you have your founder set up with The One True LTW, play as you normally would. EXCEPT!!!

There can be ONLY ONE TRUE HEIR! And that One True Heir must come from the One True Hobby.

Yes, you have to find out your founder's One True Hobby, and then build up hobby enthusiasm high enough to get invited to the hobby lot. Once there, find the Hobby Leader, and get into cheat mode again (Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true). Shift-click your sim, and select "Spawn," then select "Tombstone of Life and Death." You can now get out of cheat mode again. When you're ready, click on the tombstone and create a genetic merger with your founder's One True Hobby Leader.

I highly recommend saving at this point. That means go home. Save your game, and then go into your game files (Generally Documents/EA Games/Sims2/), and open the Neighborhoods file. Copy the file folder for the neighborhood you are playing, and paste it somewhere easy to find, such as your desktop, or even directly in EAGames folder.

Now, play your legacy as you wish. When you are about to give birth (either save an awful lot in that third day, or enable the game to zoom in on the sim giving birth, and PAUSE!!!), save the game. You now, effectively, have two save files - one from just after conception, but before you've had a chance to eat cheesecake or otherwise force multiple births, and the second, much more convenient, right before giving birth.

Now, normally, when playing a legacy challenge, when your sims give birth, you take whatever you get and never reload. However, this is The One True Legacy, and there can be ONLY ONE HEIR. So, if you have multiple babies, exit without saving and reload right before giving birth and try again. If you have multiples 3 times in a row, you are going to be forced into having multiples, so you can go into your game files and replace the current Neighborhood folder with the older, un-forced Neighborhood file. Alternately, you can use a mod that allows you to choose how many babies you will have, such as the Trips and Quads mod. At any rate, make sure you have ONLY ONE baby.

This baby is your heir. If you lose this particular baby, you lose the legacy. You may plead with the Grim Reaper, but using the Paranormal Career Reward to bring back the One True Heir, and save the game, is not allowed. Any other sims may be brought back, either in full health or as zombies, but never heirs. Moreover, as there can be only one heir, if your founder/heir gives birth to another baby (by any means), then you have lost the "One True Legacy," but you can continue the legacy as a normal legacy, instead.

Now, you can keep playing however you like. You can marry in another sim. You can adopt. But your founder may NOT give birth to another child, by any means. Nor may your father sire another child on another sim. Any children that come into your household will NOT be blood-related to your founder, and are not eligible to be heirs, let alone spares.

Repeat this saving process, including choosing the One True LTW, for each generation. When you are ready for your heir to become a parent, go to the One True Hobby lot, and breed with the leader. Then, give birth to the One True Heir.

Can you keep the family going through 10 generations?

Note - regarding changing aspirations: It's fine to change aspirations for any reason. However, if you do, you have to cycle through those LTWs again, until you get the proper one for the new aspiration. Also, if you've completed your lifetime want, and you want to go for another one (POOOOOOIIIIIINTS!!!!), then you must change your aspiration, to allow it.

Points - use the basic point-scoring system of the basic legacy. Adopted children are allowed to score points for the legacy household.

Optional: If your sim's One True Hobby is Science, you may choose to use the Tombstone of Life and Death to spawn an alien baby, instead of with the hobby leader, but you must do it AT the Science Hobby Lot, and you must befriend the Science Hobby Leader. There's a price to pay for those alien genes.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Sims 2 - The One True Legacy (Requires FreeTime EP)

Post by Sam »

Out of curiosity, why "spawn" offspring with the hobby leaders rather than woohooing the old fashioned way?

Otherwise, I'm very intrigued by the challenge. I like simple twists on the traditional legacy framework! Will you be playing this one at all?
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Sam wrote:Out of curiosity, why "spawn" offspring with the hobby leaders rather than woohooing the old fashioned way?
I didn't come up with this (obviously :P ) but one reason I can think of is, what if your founder and your heir have the same hobby? The heir couldn't woohoo their parent (thank goodness). You could require the hobby leader to be married in, though, which would spawn a new one.

Anyway, very interesting way to use the hobbies. :) I love seeing new twists as well.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Mostly for two reasons: 1) No worries if it's the same sex, and 2) because even if you give them a cell phone, the game doesn't always let you call them. By all means, marry them in, if you want.

I think a new hobby leader should spawn, if you move in the hobby leader.

Yes, I'm definitely thinking of playing this, in the future. I'm just a wee bit sick of babies and kids right now. LOL. So, being forced to limit the number intrigues me.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”