Alphabetocalypse - a new twist on the Apocalypse Challenge

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Alphabetocalypse - a new twist on the Apocalypse Challenge

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The Alphabetocalypse! For Sims 2

The rules are the same for the Apocalypse, with the following twists:

1) You may use the "jobs board" download - found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378097, two tile version here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=304689
This effectively acts as a computer for job listings - meaning you get whatever level you'd get from a computer, but ALL careers are always available.

** - Alternately, you can use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, select the newspaper, and choose any entry-level job there under "Adult Jobs," and then use boolprop testingcheatsenabled false, to turn off the cheat. I just found out about this, or I would have suggested it in the first place, rather than the jobs board. This will really increase the difficulty of the challenge.

2) You must take jobs in ALPHABETICAL ORDER.

3) University jobs MUST be taken, if available (meaning sim is a uni graduate, and no one else has already lifted or is currently trying to lift that particular career).

4) Spouses who join the family while at level 6 or above in a career (that has not yet been lifted, or is in the process of being lifted by another family member) MUST KEEP their career, regardless of alphabetical order. They may be fired, but they may not quit, unless forced to do so, due to Slacker restrictions. However, if the spouse joins the family at level 5 or lower, they MUST QUIT, and take the next career in alphabetical order!*

5) If a career is currently suppressed, but not lifted, then that job may not be taken for a lift, until the sim who has suppressed it has quit/been fired/died, thus breaking the suppression.

6) No two sims can be employed in the same career at the same time, unless that restriction has already been lifted, and they are working just to have a job or fulfill a want.

7) If a sim is fired, or forced to quit, take the next job on the list (that no one else is currently trying to lift). The job they lost is then added back to the top of the list (in alphabetical order).

8) If Law is not lifted BEFORE Law Enforcement, then Law Enforcement is merely suppressed, and once the sim who suppressed Law Enforcement is fired, quits, or dies, you must add Law Enforcement back into the list, as if the sim had been fired or quit the job. The same applies to Politics or Slacker (in the case of spouses who moved in at Level 8 or above in those careers).

9) If a sim has already lifted a career, they may take any job they wish (such as Life of Crime), so they can fulfill a lifetime want, or keep down the protection payments. Since they will not be lifting another restriction, alphabetical order does not matter.

Example - Generation 4 consists of four sims - Adam, Eve, Bob and Steve. Adam is going for Intelligence, Eve is going for Journalism, Bob is going for Law, and Steve is going for Law Enforcement. Adam lifts Intelligence, and Eve almost lift Journalism but gets fired. Steve lifts Law Enforcement before Bob is able to lift Law. Law Enforcement rules remain suppressed as long as Steve remains in the job. Both Journalism and Law Enforcement go back into the list. Eve then lifts Life of Crime (since Law Enforcement is currently suppressed). Generation 5 must lift Journalism and Law Enforcement, before any other careers, unless the spouse marries in with a level 8 or higher job in an un-lifted career.

So, the order for career lifts is as follows:

University careers:
Artist
Natural Science
Paranormal
Show Business

Normal careers:
Adventure
Architecture
Athletic
Business
Culinary
Dance
Education
Entertainment
Gamer
Intelligence
Journalism
Law
Law Enforcement
Life of Crime
Medical
Military
Music
Oceanography
Politics
Science
Slacker

Pet Careers:
Security
Service
Showbiz

As you can see, spouse-careers will really make a huge difference.

For an added challenge, file "Life of Crime" as "Criminal," right after Business, and before Culinary. As long as Business or Natural Science are lifted before Life of Crime, there will be a source of groceries. Business means you can sell and buy the refrigerator any time you please, and Natural Science means you can order groceries, so it should be easy enough to get that alternate food-source, as long as you time things right, and nothing goes wrong. Of course, to get Natural Science, your founder would have to marry another college grad. But if your founder does not marry a grad, or if the spouse fails to lift Natural Science (and has to move on to Paranormal, instead), be very careful about getting Business before Criminal.

Since the job board gives sims a boost in their initial job posting, it may seem quite easy. However, with Medical, Military, Science, and other such useful lifts so darned late in the game, it will actually be rather challenging. My favorite pet-lift, Showbiz Pet, allowing children to learn to study, and to do skill training that does not also boost fun, will be delayed, thus adding to the difficulty. And the toddlers won't have smart milk to help them out, either, for a very long time.

Doing this as an Adult Start would make it extremely challenging, unless you get lucky with a spouse in the Military, early on. But without an early Intelligence lift to be able to sort out the suitors, that will be a very lucky chance, indeed.

*Edited to change the spousal job requirements to Level 6 or above, instead of 8.

**Edited to add a note regarding boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false and the newspaper.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on January 9th, 2015, 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetocalypse - a new twist on the Apocalypse Challen

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, so I have lost ALL of my old sims, but I was able to get the Mac version of the Super collection, which means I have no Freetime or Apartment Life. Still, I can do this. I'm deleting Architecture, Dance, Entertainment, Intelligence, and Oceanography restrictions and plunging ahead.

My founder's name is Jane Cutler, and she is a disappointed member of the BBVM (Thanks for the T-shirt!). How will she ever find a spouse as EVIL as Vis? Oh, no!

I'll post my first chapter as soon as I get her through college, at my website: http://www.michellecyoung.com
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, no! My game went berserk again! I've cleaned a bunch of CC out, and am hoping to give it another go. At least let me get through college, game! Anyway, assuming I CAN, I will post my attempt at this challenge.

Sigh.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I edited Rule 4 - so the spouses keep their jobs at Level 6 or above, but must quit if their job is Level 5 or lower. Level 8 or above is just too rare.

And I am attempting this now, with the Jobs board as my one and only download. Otherwise, it's pure Vanilla.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

And I have a whole three chapters posted in my (so-far successful) Badass Alphabetocalypse Challenge.
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

This sounds really cool and fun for an Apocalypse challenge! I think I want to give it a shot!
Uta No Prince Sama!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Platformperil - I sure hope you do! I'd love to read it.

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”