Maximum Five (TS3 Beta Version)

Brilliance

Post Counts

Maximum Five (TS3 Beta Version)

Post by Brilliance »

Hi I think some of you might like to try this. It has not been tested yet so its a beta version. If you see any troubles or have any questions just say so. I don't play TS3. I am happy to hear all that you want to say. Now for the challenge. I have not seen something like it before.

Maximum Five

Set Up:
  • Create 1 Sim anyway you like. This will be your founder and Generation 1.
  • Place them in any lot in any world
  • Normal Lifespan
  • 5 generations long
  • 5 children each generation (You can have more but they will not count points)
Toddler:
Toddler skills maxed. There are several ways you can do this. You can choose which way to gain points each generation.
  1. All five toddlers during a generation must have 1 skill maxed. +25 points
  2. One of the toddlers in each generation must have all of their skills maxed. +25
  3. All five of the countable toddlers during a generation must max all of their skills. +25 per toddler
Child:
5 child skills maxed
  1. Each of the five children during a generation must max one of their skills and get at least a B in school. +25
  2. One of the five children in a generation must max all of their skills (5?) and get at least a B in school. +25
  3. All five children in a generation must max all of their skills (5?) and get an A in school. +25 per child

Teen:
5 aspiration goals (does this work for TS3?)
  1. One of the five teens during a generation must complete 5 of their aspiration goals. +10
  2. All five of the teens during a generation must complete 5 of their aspiration goals +50
  3. All five of the teens during a generation must complete their entire aspiration before turning YA. +125 per teen

Founder & Heirs:
  • Reach Level 5 in your job/career/freelance or income skill (painting, busking, writing) of your choice. +25
  • Have the 5 required children (born or adopted) +25
  • (What goal would you like to see that fits TS3? +5
  • Become a friend with all 5 of your children +10 per friend
  • Or for maximum points become a good friend with 5 of your children. +25 per good friend
Extra points: You may choose only 1 to complete each generation. What goals do not work for TS3? Do you have ideas?
  1. Write 15 bestsellers +50
  2. Paint 15 masterpieces +50
  3. Birth or adopt an extra 5 children (10 total for a generation, only five children per generation can count for main challenge points.) +50
  4. Live on a total of 5 lots during the duration of the challenge. (You can even have one generation move around five times if you wanted to just so long as your family has lived on five lots before the fifth generation is YA. You must build a house on each lot you live on. You can't just rapid-hop without putting some effort into making each place a home) +50
  5. Have and display five items in five collections. (Example would be 5 frogs + 5 fish + 5 metals + 5 MySims + 5 fossils or any five collections you choose. You don't need to complete five collections. Just have and display a minimum of five items in at least five collections to count the points) +50
Challenge ends when Fifth generation turns YA or you decide to choose one of the extra points to complete with them. Then it ends after the fifth generation's Extra point goal is complete. Normal lifespan. Founder is generation 1.
Stay in good health and be brilliant always. - Brilliance (Bri)
Night's Babies
My Olympic Notes
Bri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge
WinterChild98
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Maximum Five (TS3 Beta Version)

Post by WinterChild98 »

Hi, I'm a Sims 3 player and I was browsing challenges and I noticed this, and reading through the ruleset, it does need modifying to work for Sims 3.

Toddlers:

In the Sims 3 toddlers don't have skills the same way they do in the Sims 4. They have to be taught how to walk, talk, and be potty trained, but there are no levels like there are in the Sims 4, and can be easily taught to a toddler within 3 days if the adults of the house aren't too busy (toddlers have a 7 day span). Toddlers can learn from an xylophone, peg box, and toddler books, which each have three levels and if maxed, once old enough they will jump to level 3 of the associated skill. For example if a toddler maxes the peg box, when they're older and try out something that will give them the logic skill, like chess, they will jump to level 3 of the skill.
To go with the whole five thing, there are five things toddlers can use to get a skill boost later on in life: xylophone (instruments), peg box (logic), and there are 3 sets of 3 for books that will boost different skills (painting, writing, logic)
For toddlers you could use these five things to replace the toddler skills currently listed.

Child:

In the Sims 3 children do not have separate skills, the skills they learn are the same for teens and adults, though some skills are not available until the sim becomes a teen. As sims only stay as children for 7 days on normal lifespan, maxing a skill as a child is pretty much impossible. However, like toddlers, children can use objects which will give them a skill boost when they are older. They can use the block table to get ahead on handiness, and the toy oven to get ahead on cooking.
A more reasonable goal for children is to have them reach level 5 of one of the skills available to them. Off the top of my head, the skills children can do are painting, logic, writing, fishing, and inventing(requires Ambitions expansion pack).

Teens:

Sims 3 does not have aspirations, it has lifetime wishes. Lifetime wishes can be rolled as children or teens, though you can either accept or decline them, but it isn't until a sim becomes a young adult that a lifetime wish must be chosen. Lifetime Wishes do not have steps or stages you either complete or you don't, there are some lifetime wishes that may be possible to complete as a teenager like The Zoologist (Requires Pets expansion pack), Super Popular, or Perfect Aquarium, but most can not be completed as a teen. Most lifetime wishes involve topping a career or maxing skills.
Maybe teens could try and reach level 7 or 8 of a skill (one not done during childhood), or max a skill (If done during childhood). If you want to keep with the five theme, it could be that teens have to reach level 5 in x amount of skills. The teen lifespan is 14 days, some play testing might be needed to see how many skills it's possible for teens to get up to level 5.

Founders & Heirs:

I would add a goal to give points for completing their lifetime wish, as in Sims 3 a sim can only have one, and once they complete it they can't get a new one.
In Sims 3 the relationship status can go up to best friend, so I would change becoming good friends with all children to becoming best friends with all children.

Extra Points:

I'm not sure if writing 15 bestsellers or painting 15 masterpieces is possible... This would probably require some play testing.
Collections work a little differently in the Sims 3. Sims can collect gems, metals, and insects. Fish can be acquired by fishing, though I don't think the game counts them as a collection... There are other things your sims can get through skilling like inventions, elixirs, or potions, but like fish they aren't considered a collection.
Gems can be cut into different shapes, but you have to cut a certain amount of gems before you can unlock the next cut. For example the most basic cut is the emerald cut, and after you cut enough gems then the oval cut is unlocked and so on until the heart shaped cut is reached, so maybe there could be a goal involving this.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but let me know if you have an questions.

Return to “Sims 3 Rulesets”