Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

A new Sims 4 Legacy

Post by Hollywood3015 »

*This challenge was not made by me, I found it on tumblr and felt like a lot of simmers here would enjoy this challenge.*

NEW Sims 4 Legacy Challenge!
THE FAMILY FARM HISTORY CHALLENGE
- Created by Jester
The Premise:
Travel back in time. Now picture a newlywed couple, striking out on their own with nothing but the few pennies they’ve managed to scrape together. Their love is strong and their dreams are big. The husband purchases the largest plot of land possible, so their dreams have room to grow.

This is a variation of the Living Off the Land Challenge, plus a touch of the History Challenge, with some inspiration drawn from the Accidental Time Traveler Challenge. In other words, no conventional jobs; only farming/fishing/gathering. Each Generation represents 30 years, so new things will be “unlocked” as each generation passes.

How to win:
You win the challenge when you have established a family farm on 10 lots in Newcrest. A farm is considered “established” when it has:- 50 planted items- A barn with silo- A farmhouse with separate bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/dining, living room- A net worth of over $30,000- A married head of household with at least one child (to be the next generation)- A representation within the household* of the following:

Lvl 10 Gardening
Lvl 10 Fishing
Lvl 10 Handiness
Lvl 10 Cooking
*This can be divided among the household. For example: 1 sim can be level 10 gardening and fishing, his son can be level 10 handiness, his wife can be level 10 cooking, etc.

Getting Started:
-Create your 2 founders

-They can look however you want, but I’d recommend trying to match the aesthetic

-The male founder must have something in the Nature Aspiration, and the female founder must have something in the Family Aspiration

-Move into the largest lot in Newcrest

-Plant some natural landscape to make it look more rustic THEN adjust your money to $8,000

-Starting Funds: $8,000

-Build a small farmhouse with a double bed, 1 fridge, 1 stove, 1 sink, and 1 counter. Again, you can design it however you want, but I’d try to match aesthetic

-Build a separate outhouse with a toilet and a bathtub

-Lifespan set to normal

General Rules:
-You may not use any money cheats or cheat the needs of any household sims

-Until the phone is unlocked during Gen 3, you may only travel by pressing ‘M’

-The head of the household may only work as a farmer, they may never have a job/career

-You may gather/collect/fish and sell whatever you please to earn money

-Painting and woodworking are allowed, and you may sell your creations

-All heads of households must be married before having children

-Start of the Next Generation happens when your intended legacy becomes a Young Adult and you have fulfilled all the farm requirements

-Children and Teens may go to school if you choose to allow them to do so

-You cannot hire a maid, nanny, or butler

-If you would like to turn aging off of unplayed households, you may. This may help you find husbands/wives further on down the line. Or you can create new households as you need them.

GENERATION RULES:
Generation 1: 1840
No Electronics with the exception of a fridge and lights
Lights must be lantern-style or candles
All female sims must wear skirts
No sims are allowed to have jobs outside of farming/gathering/crafting
Phones must be silenced
Cannot work on Sundays and must either go to church (build or download one) or spend most of the day reading to build a skill
All babies must be home births. No hospital.
Next generation head must be male
Generation 2: 1870
LIGHTBULBS are unlocked
No sims are allowed to have jobs outside of farming/gathering/crafting
Phones must be silenced
Cannot work on Sundays and must either go to church (build or download one) or spend most of the day reading to build a skill
The farm must be an orchard (comprised of mostly fruit trees)
Generation 3: 1900
PHONES are unlocked.
A member of the household must own a general store
Ignore this rule if you don’t have Get to Work
Generation 4: 1930
TELEVISION Unlocked
Females are free to wear any type of clothing
One member of the household must be a breeder
Ignore this rule if you don’t have Cats and Dogs
You cannot adopt pets using the phone. You must adopt strays you find in the world.
You may SELL animals via the phone, though.
Next Gen head must be Male
Babies may be born either at home or at the hospital
Generation 5: 1960
All technology unlocked
Everyone is free to wear what they please
Spouses may get a job/career if you’d like
Next Gen my be any gender
Families are allowed to work on Sundays if they choose
Generation 6: 1990
The age of GMO’s
Farm must contain 5 plants that can only be obtained from splicing others together
Head of household’s spouse must get a job in the science career
Generation 7: 2020
Hipster farm! Build a rooftop farm.
One member of the household must own a “farmer’s market”
Spouse must get a job in the Social Media career
Ignore if you don’t have city living
Generation 8: 2050
Farm of the future! Design your farm as your interpretation of farming in the future- ie. floating farm, pods, greenhouses, underwater… etc.
Farm must include 5 living cow plants
Head of household’s spouse must be an alien
Generation 9: 2080
The Apocalypse!!
Build an underground bunker
Can only grow food from planters in an underground greenhouse
No family members may have a job
Generation 10: 2110
Post-apocalyptic
No technology
Basically go back to the Gen 1 rules, except less sexist.
If you’d like to use this last generation as a jumping off point for the apocalypse challenge, go for it!

Feel free to add any bits of history into the beginning you’d like. I have a soft spot for historical accuracy. Have fun, enjoy it, and don’t forget to tweet me some screenshots!! Find me on twitter @JesterSimsYT. I will be doing a Let’s Play of this challenge on my YouTube channel, so feel free to check that out, too! Just search Jester or Family Farm Challenge. It should come up!

Return to “Sims 4 Rulesets”