Never Say Never Challenge *Updated*

Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Never Say Never Challenge *Updated*

Post by Purplethistles »

[tab=30][align=center]Life is a playground, did you know that? Every day is an opportunity but how many of us let these opportunities pass by? How many times do we say no to living our best lives because of money, work and all that mundane jazz! This challenge is all about saying YES to anything and everything. Your sim has whims? You say YES to all that are possible. They get invited out even though they are about to pass out in the puddle from their broken toilet? You say YES. NO is a dirty word! [/align]

RULES

1. Make your sim however you like. Whatever age, species etc. Play on whatever lifespan you like. Start in whatever season, whatever world, whatever lot you like. I strongly recommend randomising these choices as much as possible however! Use a number generator to pick all the above to change up your gameplay and discover more about the game.

2. The main rule of this challenge is to let your sim guide you with their whims. Whim's are what they want and its your job to say YES to them all. When they get invitations on the phone, you say YES. When a holiday arrives, you say YES to all its traditions. When someone arrives at your door, you say YES they can come in. If a Likes/Dislikes pops up, you always say YES too. Get the idea? You never ever say NO!

3. Try not to control your sims unless it is to fulfil a whim, aspiration, job or goaled events like holidays and festivals. Also try to avoid influencing their emotional state unless necessary for the previous. So no making them confident so they can get that whim to get a career etc. It will happen, you just have to be patient! Avoid using paintings, crystals, postcards and so forth to create emotions you want them to have. You don't get to manipulate in this challenge!

4. For the sake of not allowing toddler/pet cruelty, control your sim as needed to make sure these helpless sims are cared for.

5. Try not to influence their romantic life, again use your knowledge of the sims to take advantage of the whim such as bold pick up line, or whims that come from the flirty mood when your sim happens to be in one. In my first playthrough of this, my sim got married, had twin girls and pregnant again, all from her own whims. This challenge can be one of patience, don't rush, just enjoy and see what happens!

6. Any time you are invited out, if it is not to a timed event, you should stay for at least one sim hour. So no accepting an invitation then immediately going straight home, that ruins the fun!

7. When there is a choice to be made in game but there is no direct yes/no option, I use Google's number generator to pick the choice. For example when my sim got the whim to get a job, I added up the number of careers available and rolled to pick one. She got social media career and every day the pop up comes up to go to work, work at home or take PTO off I roll for that too.

THE GOAL

There is no scoring to this challenge. It's meant to be laid back and fun. When your Sims life comes to an end, you get the satisfaction of knowing they lived their best life (or worst depending on the whims and invites!).

OPTIONAL FUN

* Randomise everything. I randomised my sim completely. All her face and body features, her clothes from the styled looks options, her traits, aspirations, likes and dislikes. I used a number generator to pick which world she would live in
and even what lot. If you can randomise, do it. It changes up your game play so much.

* Don't ignore any options when it comes to making choices. I used a number generator for deciding lot traits and I really didn't want to use on a ley line trait but I went with it and because I did, I discovered it gives your sim a whim eventually
to try for a baby, which is great if you want to do a legacy style play. Go with the options and results and see what you discover!

That's about it, I guess it's like one big combination of an isbi, whimacy, random and more. It is fun though and if you try it, let me know!
Last edited by Purplethistles on July 10th, 2021, 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Stories
Find My Never Say Never, Extreme Dumpster and One Percent Challenge Rules HERE
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Never Say Never Challenge

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

This sounds like a lot of fun and interesting.
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

nooboostar wrote:Oooh, this challenge seems like it'd be loads of fun to do! I wonder if it can be adapted for TS2. :hmm:
I’m sure it could easily! :bounce:
Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Post by Purplethistles »

Absolutely, I'm sure it could work for Sims 3 too. With Sims 2, I imagine it would just mean saying yes to your Sims wants!
My Stories
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

nooboostar wrote:Oooh, this challenge seems like it'd be loads of fun to do! I wonder if it can be adapted for TS2. :hmm:
Oh yeah, this is very similar to the 5 wishes a day style of play/challenge that ASimWen kind of wrote up. I don't know that she was the first, but she is the one I know it from. It's slightly different, but the general idea was to meet 5 wishes a day for each sims each day (or try), and then to never turn down any sort of invite. Now, it wasn't as randomized as this, or with quite this specific level, but it means it could likely be adapted pretty easily.

Seems like a lot of fun!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

@nooboostar here is a link for the rules: http://wishesinpleasantview.blogspot.co ... stats.html. Hope that helps.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Also, with TS2 you occasionally get offers for jobs & such from reputation/networking right? So you would have to yes to all of those. And the chance cards too!

As for the TS4 version, I think I'm going to do this with one of the members of generation 3 in my Culpepper save - see what they get up to when I don't plan anything! :)
Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Re: Never Say Never Challenge *Updated*

Post by Purplethistles »

updated with a couple of little tweaks!
My Stories
skyegal23
Origin ID: Skyegal19
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by skyegal23 »

Hi, Seems like a great challenge, just a quick question, can I use a storymode sim to start this challenge
My Challenges
I have a variety of challenges. They are all on one blog, but each has a table of contents My Blog
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Magnolia Promenade, WINTER season, and randomized Sim, personality, name and clothing. This ought to be interesting. lol :duck: :lol: Whatever happens, its all your fault. :P
Her randomized name is: Cindy Paz

Oh boy. I forgot about this one. I always deleted it when it pops up. Guess the answer this time is um...yes? "Let's go" lol This ought to be interesting since her random aspiration just happens to be Hope Vs Order.

I might have to set up a forum post for this one just to keep track of the fun and add notes to myself every now and then.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Update for my strange looking sim is, I deleted the save. I just couldn't get attached. Soooo we will try again with a new Sim. This time I won't answer the phone when the money-sucking entrepreneur spam calls demanding/asking for money practically every day. I quickly went bankrupted. Sooo, a little adjustment for my next try but it'll be more fun this time around I think. :celebration:

Edit to Add: Okay, I finally finished my new founder. Here she is in all of her randomized glory. Harmony McGraw, yes even her name was a roll of the dice. She is starting in Winter in the cheapest apartment in the city. Yes, those things were randomized too. :thup:
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Thanks! Right now she's passing out because she's too silly to go to sleep. Not to mention having to say yes to going to opera after she does pass out. :roll: lol Lots of fun so far. She rolled to live in the cheapest apartment in the city. I probably mentioned that already.

Edit to add: To give an example how 'crazy' this Sim is, she had a whim to get a career. I put the number of careers available to her in a number generator. She roll the gardening career. I did mention she lives in THE CITY right? lol :banghead: :haha:
Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Post by Purplethistles »

Harmony is awesome! Please do share her adventures, i will be sure to follow! Also don't worry about starting over, I know what it's like when you can't get attached, this challenge is all about having fun with the game so start over until it is!
My Stories
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

Never Not I is a commentary style :chat: thread for this challenge. I've randomized everything I can possibly think of even before pushing play. Join me on the crazy road Kierra chooses? :hugs:

Return to “Sims 4 Rulesets”