Spooky Stories

Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Spooky Stories

Post by Rosanna »

If you have any spooky/scary/ghost stories to share, post them here!
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Spooky Stories

Post by Rosanna »

Sure, if you want. They don't have to be original stories either, they can be ghost stories that you've heard from someone else
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Spooky Stories

Post by Ani-Mei »

I did this back in 2011 when we had the team events, I was on Team Ghost. And it still makes me cry to read it now...
Spoiler:
Boolprop 2011:
Monster Story Telling Event

The Day I Died:

The day I died was just an ordinary day like any other, warm, sunny, cloudless skies above. But little did I know that this would be my last day to see that sun. I was just coming home from work, the traffic was not heavy and I was on my bike. I don’t drive you see, far too many drunks out there who just don’t care about laws that say Don’t Drink and Drive. So I never drove. Why waste money and time paying for a vehicle when the gas prices never stop climbing and the insurance rates just keep soaring and soaring higher?

Well, today I had chosen to take advantage of the recently created bicycle path that the mayor of the city decided to finally build. I guess he finally saw the number of us cyclists and decided that if he wanted to stay in office then he’d better accommodate us. I had my iPod on, and my ear buds in; I never even heard the car behind me. The next thing I remember was lying on my side, struggling to breathe. You see that car was being driven by one of those drunks whom I had always feared, it was only 5 pm in the afternoon and the bastard was already tanked. All I could think was “Why me?” I had never hurt a soul in my short 28 years of life, I just started seeing a wonderful man; we had so many plans, we wanted to get married. It would be the first marriage for both of us, you see. I was so happy and contented. This guy who looked and smelled like he’d been hitting more than just the bar, I knew the smell of pot when it came my way (not that I was a user of it, I had roommates who were.)

This guy, he stopped and staggered over to me; another car was driving past and I remember hearing it pull over and more feet head towards me. It’s amazing what you can hear when you’re about to die. The guy who hit me was still staggering around, I am not sure if he was even coherent enough to realize what he’d done to me. The other driver, as it turned out, was an ER doctor who was just on his way to start his shift at the hospital. He examined me briefly then pulled out his cell phone. “Stay still, help is coming, the hospital is very close by.” He said to me. I could only cry, my lungs were screaming for air but the ribs that were pressing into them made that impossible. I wanted to take a breath just one breath to scream with, the pain was excruciating.

Then I saw it, my life flash before my eyes; as one would expect when the Reaper is at your door. I saw my parents, my sister and my three year old nephew, I knew my sister was pregnant again but I’d never live to see that baby, I knew that now. Then I saw my boyfriend; oh I’m so sorry baby, we won’t get to have that life together like we planned on. I am not going to make it. Last thing I heard was the ambulance sirens; then nothing…it all went black.

After I died:

I never crossed over into the light like I was supposed to, I stayed behind. I saw my funeral. It was lovely by the way; everyone was there even my sister and her new baby son. I had another nephew, he was so cute. Then I saw my boyfriend he was weeping over my coffin, I went to him he looked down into my still, white face; at least they didn’t cake on too much makeup. That I was grateful for, I never wore much when I was alive anyway. “I did love you, that day you asked me if I did. But you shocked me when you asked so I stumbled over the answer. I wish I had told you that…before, before this happened.” My boyfriend said.

I stayed with him after I was buried, I wanted so bad to tell him I loved him too, to say he was the one I wanted to be with forever. But all I did was stay near him, perhaps I was trying to keep him company, or I just couldn’t bear to leave him. Either way, I stayed by his side. I saw what my death did to him, how it hurt. I remember seeing his brother and his father try to get him out of the house again, to be with other people, but he never did. Maybe I should have left him be, I got the feeling he knew I was haunting him and that was why he never wanted to go out. But I was lonely; I didn’t want to leave him, even if I was probably holding him back from moving on with his life. I did haunt my family too, my sister especially. I knew my nephew could see me, the older one too. We talked; it was fun to get to really know them. When I was alive, I never saw them a lot; once a year if we were lucky. I did that a lot, haunting my boyfriend, my sister, even my parents occasionally. But when you’re a ghost, you have no concept of time, for you, it’s eternal. I saw my family age, my boyfriend too. He never did find anyone else after me, and I know now it was probably my haunting him that did it. So when he finally took his life at what I guessed was age 45, we were reunited once more.

“Why did you never find anyone else?” I had asked him, when he met me in the Tunnel. He only smiled at me and said; “Because I never wanted to. I couldn’t.” I felt guilt, a human emotion that I had thought died when I did, apparently not.

“We can go now, I waited for you.” He said.

“I’d like that.” I replied.

Then, together, we walked into the Light. We both knew then that we would finally have that life we wanted together, even if it was the Afterlife.

THE END

Return to “Boolprop Birthday Archive”