Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Story Newsletter: August 2018

Post by Livvielove »

Guten tag, Boolpropians!
What a July! Our poor friends in the EU are being roasted on a spit while I sit in my sweatshirt here in the center of America and mumble about why it's gotta be so cold and rainy for my 3 months of heat. I've had one hectic and crazy July, how about you? I'm pleased as PUNCH (no, please don't punch me!) to tell you that us moderators (who, me? :shhh: ) have been cooking up some incoming events that you're all going to love!
*Whispering*
Including a new challenge...
But you didn't hear any of that from me, no sir!
I'm also really happy to announce that itsjulie is back and kicking butt with her Boolpropian Olympics! We've got Chat-a-thons and screenshot events going left and right so please: grab your team and buckle up because it's ON like Donkey Kong... and all of you non-Plumbob members are going down! :lol:
:fight:
In MORE news, the Golden Plumbobs have been announced (and I was only up way past midnight to ensure they were up on TIME :lol: )! Stop by and congratulate the winners on an award well-earned! Seeing as the Golden Plumbobs ran late this year, I'll see what I can do to start wiggling them back onto an earlier-in-the-year schedule. Anyways, let's get on with the newsletter! Away!
[hr]

"One man's trash is another man's treasure..."
Is this your mentality? Good, because this month's spotlight challenge is on the Dumpster Diver Challenge! Posted on our forums by MichelleCYoung for the Sims 3, this challenge takes homeless sims to a new level. This challenge is simple, quick, and boatloads of fun! For those who are nervous about completing long challenges - this challenge is the one for you! Even better is this challenge ends when your YA founder becomes an adult, so you can easily merge this challenge into a larger challenge if you start feeling ambitious, or you can call it a day, exchange your points in and mark off another challenge for the books. I bring up this challenge to remind all the amazing readers and writers on this forum that we celebrate all kinds of stories, challenges, and styles of play. I also want to remind everyone that, if you haven't already, you can get a nice medal after completing your first challenge!
It looks like this: Image
Let's support our friends here on all of our challenge endeavors!
[hr]

August Winners

Congratulations to our new winners!
Oh Darling, It's the Apocalypse! - a Sims 2 Apocalypse Challenge by Thaitanic
<~~~>
The Tale of Two Legacies - A Sims 2 Legacy by theoddcatlady
<~~~>
Zarall EPIC Legacy - a Sims 3 EPIC Challenge by queentigress
[hr]
Laugh your guts off at a chapter's hilarity? Cry at a moving moment in a story? Really like someone's picture-taking abilities? Give that someone a Kudos today! Click here! They won't know how awesome you think they are unless you tell them!
New Member Stories this Month: Give 'em a warm, Boolprop welcome!

New Stories this Month: Stop by and support our awesome members' new stories!

Anniversaries: Congratulations on a(nother) year with your story!

Congratulations and may you have many more years of prosperous Simming and writing!

Story Kudos: You've been noticed!
  • Loralie0512 has been on a roll with her 100 Baby Underwoods Sims 4 baby challenge! All those leading ladies of yours are gorgeous!
  • After a brief break, I'm thrilled to see Full Moon on the Rise: an ISBI back by gretski6. Take no prisoners, those babies are so cute and active!
  • Sieging Boolprop by storm is the Vinson EPIC 2.0 sliding in after a year for a strong comeback! Way to go Jenn! Generation 5 has me green with envy. Hehe.
  • Speaking of epic come-backs... The Pokemon Rainbowcy by Miss Miserie (whose name always reminds me of "Miss Murder" the song by AFI for some reason) has come back strong after 2 years away! It's hard to come back after so long, but we're really glad you did!
  • Boolprop is collectively kicking butt and taking names in the Maitland Round-Robin Legacy, a collective Boolprop Legacy that is just as epic as it sounds. Currently in generation 2, somebodysangel is showing us how a legacy generation is done!
  • Teresa positively KILLED IT with her Bladderstone Baby Boom, which she can now throw down into her completed story category. What a win!
  • Speaking of impressive Baby Booms, Rawla has been breezing through her new Baby Boom! What a way to enter the forum... with a KaBOOM.
  • A warm welcome back to Liezemies in the story: Crowned To Be Sim: The Royal Family of Bridgeport. The story-telling is wonderful and I love how gorgeous Johanna is - quite a fitting Queen if I do say so myself!

Go out and spread some story love, and keep an eye out for all the Forum Events incoming! Happy August, everyone!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Story Newsletter: August 2018

Post by Mojo »

Another great Newsletter, Livvie! Congrats to all the wonderful stories that won and were mentioned! Keep up the amazing work!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

:applause: you are doing a fantastic job with the news letters Livv :toast:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

This was an amazing newsletter! I have so many links to check out now. xD
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Thank you everyone! I'm sorry if any names got left out, I didn't have any time to double check my work this month before the release!

:applause: There's so many good stories on this forum!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Fab work, and so thankful to have gotten story of the month <3 Maybe in another year we'll get the next chapter :shifty:

When I have time I love to come to the newsletters and just read the stories and click some links!! :#1:
call me Thai!
they/them
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I, too, would like to say that I love this newsletter! Keep up the great work, Livvie! Also, congrats to this month's winners!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Same here - I get my reading list from the newsletter :thup: to make sure I didn't miss anything :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Love it Livvie :thup:
Great job :heart:

Return to “Misc Events Archive”