Haru's Easter Egg Challenge - Week 1 - 25th May

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Jenga_Sims
Origin ID: soroja14

Haru's Easter Egg Challenge - Week 1 - 25th May

Post by Jenga_Sims »

So, story time. I have a crappy laptop. I haven't owned a brand-new computer since 2010. When that one died, my Dad's then-partner gave me an old one of this. That one had overheating problems if it ever collected any amount of dust. And following the move of 2016, it developed a row of dead-pixels approx. 3 cms down the screen. It was awful for gaming so I mostly just used my fiance's $2000 computer for sims (he only uses it to watch Youtube videos 99% of the time anyways. :P ). At Christmas, my sister felt sorry for me and gave me her old laptop (definitely an upgrade). But it was still really slow when it came to TS4 so I eventually stopped using it for gaming, too. Then one day my fiance wanted to play minecraft with me and it wouldn't boot minecraft. Now in a better position financially, he replaced the RAM and gave it an SSD so we could play minecraft together. Two days later, we played Minecraft together. Four days later, I forgot about the whole thing.

So then last weekend he was watching 5 hours of northernlion playing into the gungeon on his computer and I wasn't allowed to kick him off so I was like 'what the hey, I'll just put up with my computer being laggy and goof around in build mode or something.' But then the game booted. In less than a full minute. And it ran, with half decent graphics. And it coped with my demands. And after awhile this vague recollection of conversations about RAM and SSDs came to me, and I realised 'hey, I can play sims on my computer.'

So I decided to start another challenge. A nice short one, to be played only when the fiance requires the use of his 3 graphics cards and 64GB of Ram to watch ManyATrueNerd play skyrim or whatever. (I exaggerate only a little bit).

Week 1
Week 2
Last edited by Jenga_Sims on May 24th, 2019, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Achievements
Easter Egg Challenge[/align]
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Haru's Easter Egg Challenge - Week 1 - 22nd May

Post by Bouncer »

Fudge, why did I read this.... Now I want play S4 on my laptop that heats up way too much. Aww well... At least I have TS2 and TS3.

Love the way you went against the grain for the spouse looking purposes ;)

Will be watching for updates!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Teresa's first attempt took forever to find the hypnofrog. I had 20 frogs and no hypnofrog. The published attempt I got very lucky.

Great start!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Haha, I love your start! Haru is one of my favorite names!
Spoiler:
I love your spouse choice and I wish you great luck with the 6 children roll!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Wow 6 kids! You’ll definitely have your hands full. I’m currently attempting the challenge too, and you were not alone in thinking you needed all the Schmapple appliances. Makes for nice meals for your sims though. I think Dina is a nice choice for Haru’s spouse. This challenge is so fun, and I love seeing the different takes on it. I look forward to seeing more of Haru’s adventures!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Jenga_Sims
Origin ID: soroja14

Post by Jenga_Sims »

Bouncer wrote:Fudge, why did I read this.... Now I want play S4 on my laptop that heats up way too much. Aww well... At least I have TS2 and TS3.

Love the way you went against the grain for the spouse looking purposes ;)

Will be watching for updates!
It's so tempting to try though, isn't it? You're like "I know this will end badly but...I want tooooo." I feel your pain.
Teresa wrote:Teresa's first attempt took forever to find the hypnofrog. I had 20 frogs and no hypnofrog. The published attempt I got very lucky.

Great start!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
That freaking frog is still driving me mad. You must have gotten lucky!
Livvielove wrote:Haha, I love your start! Haru is one of my favorite names!
Spoiler:
I love your spouse choice and I wish you great luck with the 6 children roll!
That dice roll is going to be the death of me I think. I don't generally enjoy chaotic households but I guess it's all part of the challenge?
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Wow 6 kids! You’ll definitely have your hands full. I’m currently attempting the challenge too, and you were not alone in thinking you needed all the Schmapple appliances. Makes for nice meals for your sims though. I think Dina is a nice choice for Haru’s spouse. This challenge is so fun, and I love seeing the different takes on it. I look forward to seeing more of Haru’s adventures!
Spoiler:
Haha, glad I'm not the only one who made that mistake. Dina's working well but I'm kinda wishing I'd gone for Nina instead - Dina's ambitious which means she needs a career, wheras Dina would have been happier not working, methinks. Oh well, lessons learned all the time.
Week 2 is up!
[align=center]Achievements
Easter Egg Challenge[/align]
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Haru's Easter Egg Challenge - Week 1 - 25th May

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
That’s a good idea to use the sim ray for better beds and extra money. The twins are very cute! I kind of like the puns in the book titles based on actual books/shows. I never realized there were so many. I wonder if an alien baby is necessary for the popup?
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Spoiler:
Love the twins, they are so cute.
I wonder if they removed the reference on the baby's births or maybe it is for the alien babies.
Jenga_Sims wrote: That freaking frog is still driving me mad. You must have gotten lucky!

That dice roll is going to be the death of me I think. I don't generally enjoy chaotic households but I guess it's all part of the challenge?
Spoiler:
Yeah, the first time through, I finally got the frog during the second week, right about the time I decided to start over. The second time, I got lucky but she was looking at the park not depending on the logs at home.

The good thing about a lot of kids and more pregnancies, is it will extend her life a few days each time and give her more time to complete things. Although by the time Stella reached a certain point, I was ready to be done.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

I attempted to play with Sims 4, but my computer has time limits for how long I can play before explosion/shutting down. Shall enjoy your challenge while I try to figure out how to play the other two versions.

Spoiler:
Wow a horrible pregnancy but the most adorable boys! Are you trying to get sims? Or try to get as many fathers in as possible for points?
Yay for seeing the duckling puddle!

May the 4 more kids are just as adorable, and the twins to be more than happy to help!
Also enjoyed reading this :)
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm loving this! The house looks good and I like the floorplan so I'm excited to see what it looks like as the family gets more money.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”