Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 4 August 10

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 4 August 10

Post by 108sims »

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Bonuses and Such
Spoiler:
  • Naming Theme: H T T P S B O O L P R O P N E T I N D E X P H P
  • Family Gallery
    a) Set up a family gallery somewhere on your lot with PAINTED portraits of both your parents and all their kids! OR
    b) The same as a, but only make painted portraits when the kids are YA/Adult, before they move out.
  • Wishacy Style
    Fulfill all the (TS2/3) wishes or (TS4) whims of your sims whenever they pop up!
  • SimShare! – The Jenn Challenge –
    Upload your parents and all their kids for a nice points bonus
  • StoryShare!
    Like SimShare, but upload your story to Boolprop and let us all read it
Kids
Spoiler:
Helena (girl 1)
Tamora (girl 2)
Last edited by 108sims on August 10th, 2020, 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Prologue June 17

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
aww I really felt her pain, I am hoping that her life goes well.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
aww I really felt her pain, I am hoping that her life goes well.
Spoiler:
I felt so bad for her writing this. Only time will tell. Let's hope university really will be a fresh, happy start for Ophelia!
Thanks for reading and commenting!
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Spoiler:
Wow, what a sad start. I like the way you started in though and I wish Ophelia well in uni. Hopefully it will be everything she wants.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

ciyrose wrote:
Spoiler:
Wow, what a sad start. I like the way you started in though and I wish Ophelia well in uni. Hopefully it will be everything she wants.
Spoiler:
It made me sad to write, but I just figure shes probably had a really rough time in Strangetown with everything that's happened to her. Thank you! Here's hoping she'll find a little bit of happiness there.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

nooboostar wrote:I usually prefer commentary-style stories when it comes to The Sims, but I must say you had me hooked the whole time (and this is just the prologue)! You have a wonderful way with words, and I can see why you entered SimNaNo. You really know how to portray your characters, because I felt like I could understand exactly how she was feeling throughout the prologue. Can't wait to see what you do with this story. :)

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I typically do most of my challenges in a commentary/observational style, but sometimes it's fun (and sort of scary but mostly fun) to try and come up with a story. I'm so glad you enjoyed the prologue and were able to connect with Ophelia! I should have another update out soonish. Ophelia meeting her roommates at university got a way from me a bit, so that might be it's own separate little chapter before I do the rest of university. I hope you'll enjoy! :D
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 1 July 11

Post by 108sims »

Chapter 1 is now up! Ophelia struggles to get through her first day of university and meets her roommates for the next four years.
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
that was very good, totally enthralled by it. Can't wait to read more. I was more interested in the story than the pictures. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
that was very good, totally enthralled by it. Can't wait to read more. I was more interested in the story than the pictures. :)
Spoiler:
I'm so happy you're enjoying the story so far. It's also good to know it's still interesting without as many pictures. I'll probably just keep using them to break up long blocks of text for now. I'm having a lot of fun writing this, so it's good to know you like it!
Thanks for reading and commenting! :)
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

nooboostar wrote:It's nice to see that Ophelia made a friend on her first day. I hope the rest of her time at uni goes just as well. As expected this chapter was honestly worth the wait. Looking forward to the next update! :D
Yes, it looks like things are looking up for her slightly, and hopefully she'll bond with the rest of her housemates as well. I chose Juliette specifically for her roommate since she'd also lost both her parents and would be able to sympathize with how Ophelia was feeling. In adding in the rest of the housemates, I didn't realize just how many of the premade kids and teens had lost parents! I'm glad you thought it was worth the wait. I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter! Thanks for reading and commenting. :)
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

YAY for a new update!
Spoiler:
Oh man, Ophelia needs to give herself a bit of a break! Relax girl! :)

OMG, I love the way you wrote Sandra! So cute! I love her nickname Phi. :D

Awww, it's like she found a kindred spirit in Juliet. I hope that lasts!

HAHA, I love the little story with Jules and Sandra. It's cute they are together now. lol

That meet and greet was too perfect. I love it, and Jules is going to be a handful. The fact Sandra pointed out they are the mirror of the Goth's is too funny.

So good!!! I can understand why it got away from you! :)
Love the update! Exctied for me, as I'm totally invested now!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

ciyrose wrote:YAY for a new update!
Spoiler:
Oh man, Ophelia needs to give herself a bit of a break! Relax girl! :)

OMG, I love the way you wrote Sandra! So cute! I love her nickname Phi. :D

Awww, it's like she found a kindred spirit in Juliet. I hope that lasts!

HAHA, I love the little story with Jules and Sandra. It's cute they are together now. lol

That meet and greet was too perfect. I love it, and Jules is going to be a handful. The fact Sandra pointed out they are the mirror of the Goth's is too funny.

So good!!! I can understand why it got away from you! :)
Love the update! Exctied for me, as I'm totally invested now!
Spoiler:
Ophelia has never really fit in, and she's extra anxious for university. I think she has a little added pressure on herself because she really wants things to be better, but she's afraid they won't be.

Sandra's fun to write for. She just seems really bubbly and happy all the time.

Juliette definitely knows what she's going through since she lost both her parents to the Capp/Monty feud. It's a kind of loss most people can't understand, so it's good for Ophelia to have someone who does.

With ACR in my game, they wasted no time in getting together, so I decided to let them stay together. In their memories, they're best friends, and they did date the same guy. I agree they are cute. :)

The meet and greet was so fun to write. Jules is a real handful, and she kind of likes being a handful. Sandra might be a bit of a conspiracy theorist. :lol: I have always thought the whole Roth/Goth thing was funny.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're excited. It makes me excited to hear that. :D
nooboostar wrote:I was actually surprised when you chose Juliette as the roommate. I was expecting it to go in a totally different direction like lots of conflicts/tension (i.e. Juliette basically being mean to Ophelia). Shows how much I know about the pre-made families in TS2 since I've never played with them lol. :lol:

Yeah, I never realized how dark almost all the pre-made families' stories are. Is there even a happy pre-made family in the game?
Spoiler:
I almost went that route with Juliette and Ophelia. Not so much Juliette being mean to Ophelia, but Ophelia would feel a bit intimidated by here because she knows how rich and well off the Capps are. I decided not to make Juliette snobby and would rather have them be friends. Juliette isn't particularly nice (4 nice points) but she's playful and outgoing, so I figure that makes up for it a bit?

There aren't many! Off the top of my head I can only think of the Burbs (Pleasantview not going to count the Pleasants since Daniel is setup to cheat at the start), the Summerdreams and one of the Capp family branches (Veronaville), The Smiths (Strangetown), and Sandra's family as well as the Greenmans (Riverblossom Hills). I think most of the families in Desiderata Valley are happy, but that's not really a neighborhood I play much. It was so weird to discover how dark most of the families are! Bit of a spoiler, but not really, with how this version of Veronaville is setup the other Capp family isn't quite as happy as they appear which may make it into the story.
Thank you both for reading and your comments! :hug:
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 2 July 25

Post by 108sims »

Chapter 2 is up now! Ophelia goes through her first two years at uni, relationships change, and new ones form. Slight warning for mild language.
[align=center]Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I just read the first bits, the prologue and chapter 1. I'm in the middle of A Nightmare on Elm Street marathon and took a bit of a break between the third movie and starting the fourth one. Ophelia Nigmos hmm? Good choice, I always wanted to use her in something but never got around to it past remodeling the Spectre house and deciding what to do with all the graves there. Usually she ages up too soon and that's that. Wondering who she'll be making babies with now, I do like Johnny mostly to see how long the alien genes last before they get bred out. I'll come back later for chapter 2. ^^
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
wow a lot going on in that chapter. So Dirk and Dustin (didn't see that coming) Is it really love or crush for Ophelia as Juliette was the first friend she made. And what is going to happen on vacation!
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

nooboostar wrote:Oh yeah that could've worked too, but I like the route you ended up choosing since most people expect Juliette to be a snob. So you basically did something new and unique with the character. :grin:

Aside from Pleasantview & Strangeville (and Veronaville, somewhat), I have no idea who lives in the other pre-made neighborhoods lol. It's interesting how nearly every family has a dark secret or a sob story. I guess Maxis really wanted to go HAM on the lore (which I can appreciate since I love to read).
Yeah, I wanted to try and do a little something different than I normally would with all the characters. It's fun to explore different pairings for them or different aspects of their personalities.

The only premade neighborhood I'm not too familiar with is Desiderata Valley, only because I don't find it as interesting. It's actually the one with no real sob storiese either. :shifty: They really did create some interesting backgrounds for a lot of the sims!

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
I just read the first bits, the prologue and chapter 1. I'm in the middle of A Nightmare on Elm Street marathon and took a bit of a break between the third movie and starting the fourth one. Ophelia Nigmos hmm? Good choice, I always wanted to use her in something but never got around to it past remodeling the Spectre house and deciding what to do with all the graves there. Usually she ages up too soon and that's that. Wondering who she'll be making babies with now, I do like Johnny mostly to see how long the alien genes last before they get bred out. I'll come back later for chapter 2. ^^
Spoiler:
I love Ophelia a lot. She's probably one of my favorite premades. Despite that, I haven't played a ton with her either, I tend to get sidetracked with the Curious brothers when I play Strangetown, so it's been fun to explore her character a bit more. The only thing I'll say is it'll be clear by chapter three who Ophelia will be having her babies with. It probably won't seem like it, but I had a really hard time deciding and had a couple of different story plans. I actually had a mini bachelorette challenge to see for sure who she would end up with and took a look at what future babies would look like. I do alwys love aliens. :)
peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
wow a lot going on in that chapter. So Dirk and Dustin (didn't see that coming) Is it really love or crush for Ophelia as Juliette was the first friend she made. And what is going to happen on vacation!
Spoiler:
Yeah I always seem to end up writing a lot more than planned. :lol: I really wanted to get most of the house paired off this chapter, so they can provide babies that can be potential partners for Ophelia's kids. Dirk and Dustin honestly came from how the acted with ACR. It was kind of hard to hide them making out in a lot of the pictures. :lol: We'll see what happens there. Hopefully things will work out for them, but feelings can be confusing since as you pointed out Juliette was her first friend and the first person she opened up to once starting uni. Some lfe changes, and maybe some mystery await on vacation!
Thank you for reading and commenting everyone! :heartbeat:
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Yay for another chapter and I totally am late in reading, but hey, I'm here. :D
Spoiler:
Oh Sandra and Jules are going to trouble I'm sure. lol

Yay for Juliette and Ophelia opening up to each other. Such sad stories on both sides, but it's nice they have each other.

Love the make-over for Ophelia, and I kind of laughed at Jules missing finals. :D

Whew, everyone passed. That's good. :)

Hmmmm....perhaps some deeper feelings going on there? hehe

Oh boy, Angela showed up....can't be good news. ROLF....oh my gosh, poor Ophelia, but that was too funny. Poor Dirk! lol

Uh huh, saw that coming. If it was just a "silly girl" thing they probably would have been fine and just laughed it off, but those emotions can really cause turmoil. :)

Awww, yay for Marla! I'm glad she's got someone, and those boys finally have a heard to heart, that's good.

HAHA leave it to Sandra to smell out another couple in the making. :D

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

ciyrose wrote:Yay for another chapter and I totally am late in reading, but hey, I'm here. :D
Spoiler:
Oh Sandra and Jules are going to trouble I'm sure. lol

Yay for Juliette and Ophelia opening up to each other. Such sad stories on both sides, but it's nice they have each other.

Love the make-over for Ophelia, and I kind of laughed at Jules missing finals. :D

Whew, everyone passed. That's good. :)

Hmmmm....perhaps some deeper feelings going on there? hehe

Oh boy, Angela showed up....can't be good news. ROLF....oh my gosh, poor Ophelia, but that was too funny. Poor Dirk! lol

Uh huh, saw that coming. If it was just a "silly girl" thing they probably would have been fine and just laughed it off, but those emotions can really cause turmoil. :)

Awww, yay for Marla! I'm glad she's got someone, and those boys finally have a heard to heart, that's good.

HAHA leave it to Sandra to smell out another couple in the making. :D

It's never too late! :)
Spoiler:
Sandra and Jules are trouble, just in different ways lol!

Yes they both have quite the tragic pasts and not so great dating histories as well. I think they both really needed someone to open up to as well.

I'm glad you liked her makeover! I was going for something a little different than her typical "goth" outfits. Jules missing finals was out of nowhere. I definitely thought she went, so I kind of panicked when I realized she missed them, but yes thankfully she passed.

You might be right on that. ;)

No it wasn't. I do like Angela, but I have almost two different versions of her in my head, a nice Angela and a not so nice Angela. I went with not so nice Angela for this story. Everything that happened there was awkward for everyone in the room.

I do feel bad for poor Dirk. What Dustin did was not okay, no matter how much he just wanted to get Angela out of there.

I was trying to find someone to set Marla up with, and I figured why not the guy both Sandra and Jules dated. :lol: Jacob is a sweet guy, he just wasn't very lucky with the two of them. He and Marla have (almost) natural three bolts, I just had to change his turn off from black hair to a random supernatural. They're very sweet together.

I'm glad they talked it out too. I was wondering if it was too soon for Dirk to forgive Dustin, but I also wanted them to clear things up as uni is wrapping up for everyone.

Sandra has a sixth sense for these things. :haha:
Thanks for reading and commenting! :D
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 3 July 31

Post by 108sims »

Chapter 3 is up and ready! Ophelia and co finish university.
Warnings for death, negative thoughts, and slight language
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 3 July 31

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
oh dear poor dirk (yes dirk is back), glad they managed to tell each other their like each other, an engagement too. But back to the Capp Manor oh dear.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”