Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 4 August 10

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 3 July 31

Post by 108sims »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
oh dear poor dirk (yes dirk is back), glad they managed to tell each other their like each other, an engagement too. But back to the Capp Manor oh dear.
Spoiler:
The fire really scared me in game! It did happen as soon as the got back from vacation, which was the only part I had played through upon publishing the previous chapter, so I had no idea all this was going to happen. I have no idea why Grim didn't let Dustin save Dirk as they had 100/100 relationship with each other. I'm always grateful for the secret society having resurrection phones!

I was super happy to finally get Ophelia and Juliette together. I just kept building them up, and then a bunch of things, like the fire, happened that made the timing not right, but now they're finally together. They just have to make Juliette's grandpa see reason!
Thanks for reading and commenting! :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh, another post. Almost missed this! YAY
Spoiler:
Awww, the vacation seems so nice.

Of course Sandra would want to go to the hut now. Uh oh, poor Ophelia.

Aww, not fair to take it out on Juliette but hopefully, time will heal everything

AHHHH!!!! No! Not Juliette!!! Ophelia needs to be able to apologize!!!!

Whew, Juliette is saved....but oh no, more death???? Aww, Dirk! No!

Oh man, these last couple of years are going to be rough, and poor Dustin, he's taking it out on Ophelia but it isn't her fault!

Oh I like the way you wrote it how things could "go wrong" on bringing people back and that's why their parents won't be brought back. :) Very nice explanations.

YAY Dirk is back!!!! Woo....good job Ophelia. Hopefully, Dustin will apologize now!

Awww, Ophelia and Juliette are too cute!

I'm so glad she and Ripp were able to have a conversation and let go of the past. Ophelia really has come a long way and sometimes people just need to grow up!

YAY, Dustin FINALLY apologized! That's good.

Oh poor Ophelia is walking into quite a surprise when she has to go with Juliette! Poor Juliette and poor Hermia too. If she's doing a good job it should be acknowledged, but it probably isn't. :(
Excited for the next one!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

ciyrose wrote:Oh, another post. Almost missed this! YAY
Spoiler:
Awww, the vacation seems so nice.

Of course Sandra would want to go to the hut now. Uh oh, poor Ophelia.

Aww, not fair to take it out on Juliette but hopefully, time will heal everything

AHHHH!!!! No! Not Juliette!!! Ophelia needs to be able to apologize!!!!

Whew, Juliette is saved....but oh no, more death???? Aww, Dirk! No!

Oh man, these last couple of years are going to be rough, and poor Dustin, he's taking it out on Ophelia but it isn't her fault!

Oh I like the way you wrote it how things could "go wrong" on bringing people back and that's why their parents won't be brought back. :) Very nice explanations.

YAY Dirk is back!!!! Woo....good job Ophelia. Hopefully, Dustin will apologize now!

Awww, Ophelia and Juliette are too cute!

I'm so glad she and Ripp were able to have a conversation and let go of the past. Ophelia really has come a long way and sometimes people just need to grow up!

YAY, Dustin FINALLY apologized! That's good.

Oh poor Ophelia is walking into quite a surprise when she has to go with Juliette! Poor Juliette and poor Hermia too. If she's doing a good job it should be acknowledged, but it probably isn't. :(
Excited for the next one!
Spoiler:
The vacation was nice for the first day or so. Everyone got to chill and relax!

Sandra needs a little sense of self preservation, or some healthy fear. Sometimes it's good to be adventurous, and other times, she really needs to think before she gets herself into trouble.

Yeah, what the man in the hut told her was the last thing Ophelia needed to here. She hadn't exactly put everything that happened with Olive and her parents behind her, per say, but she was beginning to cope with it better. Now, he just gave her more questions than answers, and dredged up that old fear.

Ophelia was definitely in the wrong to take it out on Juliette, but she's also overwhelmed with the news. I guess I just wanted to show that none of the characters are perfect and are capable of acting how they shouldn't, even if it makes me sad. :(

I completely panicked with the fire. When Juliette died, I was super freaked out and even more so when Dirk died also. Dustin and Jules were also on fire, so I was really afraid the fire was going to wipe out the whole house.

They really were rough on everyone, losing Dirk, but especially Dustin. He's more angry at himself, but he doesn't know how to direct that anger. Ophelia just had the misfortune of pleading for someone and 'winning' while Dustin lost.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I had to come up with something because once Ophelia discovered the resurrection phone, I would think everyone would want to bring back their parents in addition to Dirk, so I had to think of a reason why they "couldn't".

Getting into the secret society was honestly super quick! I was going to go a different route, but the I had Ophelia hang around at one of the uni lots and got 3 members to show up with in a few hours.

I really love Ophelia and Juliette together, and I'm happy I could officially put them together!

Ripp just happened to stop by, so he made my job easier by not having to hunt him down. Yes she really has come quite a long way. The uni years were all about growing and changing, and now she can happily have her old friend back.

In my mind I don't think Dustin really knew how to apologize, he's really not great at it, which isn't an excuse. Now Ophelia can graduate on a happy note!

Contessa got her husband to take her family legacy so seriously, he's almost more committed to it than she is. Hopefully Juliette can get away from all that with Ophelia as backup! And you're right, Hermia definitely isn't getting the praise she deserves despite doing an excellent job running the family business and trying to smooth over the feud. We'll see what happens from here.
Thanks for reading and commenting! :D
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances Baby Boom Chapter 4 August 10

Post by 108sims »

A bit of a shorter chapter. Post uni life begins!
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
good for Ophelia telling Consort off, glad that they went away from Capp Manor. I hope you put a smoke alarm in. Helena is cute, and i am sure all the other babies will be too. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
good for Ophelia telling Consort off, glad that they went away from Capp Manor. I hope you put a smoke alarm in. Helena is cute, and i am sure all the other babies will be too. :)
Spoiler:
Consort needed someone to tell him off. Ophelia was thankfully able to get over her anxiety and give him a piece of her mind. Yes! A smoke alarm was the first thing I added to the kitchen. I don't want a repeat of their uni years. Thanks, I think she's a cutie too. I can't wait to see what the other kids look like!
Thanks for reading and commenting! :D
[align=center]Image
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Just wanted to pop in and say that I really like this story so far!
Spoiler:
Your narrative style is very catching. Definitely gives me a better sense of Ophelia's character and that of the other Maxis-mades.

I really do hope that Ophelia gets the second chance she deserves with Juliet, but I have a bad feeling that Consort might get up to something.

Looking forward to seeing more of the girls!

P.S. Loved that shot with Jules and the jewelry rack that's facing the wrong way, those Twikkii lots drive me crazy. :rotfl:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Calamity Jade wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say that I really like this story so far!
Spoiler:
Your narrative style is very catching. Definitely gives me a better sense of Ophelia's character and that of the other Maxis-mades.

I really do hope that Ophelia gets the second chance she deserves with Juliet, but I have a bad feeling that Consort might get up to something.

Looking forward to seeing more of the girls!

P.S. Loved that shot with Jules and the jewelry rack that's facing the wrong way, those Twikkii lots drive me crazy. :rotfl:
Spoiler:
Thank you so much! That means a lot considering I was very nervous about writing in first person since I haven't done that in a while, and I also typically don't write in a narrative style aside from my EPIC. Basically I'm nervous to try new things, so it makes me happy that it's enjoyable.

I'm trying to give Ophelia the best life she can, though the game likes to throw me curve balls I try and work with. The Capp family drama is definitely far from over.

Yes! I had completely forgotten about them being turned the wrong way and wanted a nice picture of her browsing for jewelry. :lol:
Thanks for reading and commenting. :)
[align=center]Image
Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Post by Purplethistles »

You are a very talented writer! Read all four chapters, brilliant! Just to check, are we supposed to use the spoiler tag if mentioning anything in your story? Once I know for sure, I’ll post my thoughts!
My Stories
Find My Never Say Never, Extreme Dumpster and One Percent Challenge Rules HERE
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Thank you so much purplethistles! ^^ I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the story so far!
I would prefer spoiler tag to be used. If you’d like to share additional comments that’d be awesome!
[align=center]Image
Purplethistles

Achievements / Awards

Post by Purplethistles »

Spoiler:
I really enjoyed following the stories of the uni house mates, you did a great job developing their characters! I love Jules, all front but a softie on the inside.
It was great reading the developing relationship between JC and Phi, I love that they have ended up together and have begun their family. Reading Ophelia’s journey from being timid and anxious to standing up for her friends and family was wonderful and very well written. I will definitely be following your story!
My Stories
Find My Never Say Never, Extreme Dumpster and One Percent Challenge Rules HERE
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Purplethistles wrote:
Spoiler:
I really enjoyed following the stories of the uni house mates, you did a great job developing their characters! I love Jules, all front but a softie on the inside.
It was great reading the developing relationship between JC and Phi, I love that they have ended up together and have begun their family. Reading Ophelia’s journey from being timid and anxious to standing up for her friends and family was wonderful and very well written. I will definitely be following your story!
Spoiler:
I'm glad you enjoyed the housemates' stories as well. They were a lot of fun to play with. :) Jules was so fun! If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be her. I did play everyone a little more to get them to have kids, so Ophelia and Juliette's kids will have someone to hang out with, so this won't be the last you're seeing of them. I had fun developing Juliette and Ophelia's relationship. How I went about it changed a bit from what I originally had planned, but I'm happy with how things turned out. They've hit a lot of obstacles already, but for now they get some happiness and a little (soon to be big) family. I'm happy you enjoyed Ophelia's journey too. I think with everything that happened in her life as a child and teenager, she would have quite a bit of anxiety. Now she's able to manage it better, and having friends and a support group did her a lot of good, for when she's not able to cope as well. She'll always stand up for those she loves. Thank you so much!
Thanks for reading and commenting. :D
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, so I was away from everything sims there for quite a bit, so time to catch up on some stuff, and I know you have also been away, so it's the perfect time for me to catch up and be ready for when you come back. :)
Spoiler:
Good for Juliet not letting her grandpa intimidate her, and for sticking up for Hermia. Wow, good job Ophelia on sticking up for herself and Julliet. :)
The vows were lovely and it was a lovely wedding.
I'm glad she found pottery too keep her grounded!
Oh boy, they are both pregnant. Didn't really see that coming, but man oh man it's going to get busy quickly!
Awww, welcome Helena and Tamora. I love the yellow!!! So cute for babies!
Helena makes an adorable toddler! Love this little famiy so far! Great job as always.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

ciyrose wrote:Ok, so I was away from everything sims there for quite a bit, so time to catch up on some stuff, and I know you have also been away, so it's the perfect time for me to catch up and be ready for when you come back. :)
Spoiler:
Good for Juliet not letting her grandpa intimidate her, and for sticking up for Hermia. Wow, good job Ophelia on sticking up for herself and Julliet. :)
The vows were lovely and it was a lovely wedding.
I'm glad she found pottery too keep her grounded!
Oh boy, they are both pregnant. Didn't really see that coming, but man oh man it's going to get busy quickly!
Awww, welcome Helena and Tamora. I love the yellow!!! So cute for babies!
Helena makes an adorable toddler! Love this little famiy so far! Great job as always.
I'm happy you're back! :) I am hoping to come back to this family and more plotty/longer challenges soon. I still just need a bit of a break, but I do love this family, so they'll be back!
Spoiler:
Yeah, Consort really needed someone to put him in his place, though his reaction was extreme. Ophelia also sort of needed to do what she did. I see it being cathartic for her to stand up for herself and someone she loves after years of being to anxious to say anything.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love writing wedding vows, even if I get way too sappy sometimes. :)
My "luck" with multiples seems to spill over into Sims 2 as well, so I was just glad they weren't both pregnant with twins! Though Helena and Tamora are kind of pseudo twins. I do love their little outfits.
She is super cute, and I can't wait to see what Tamora looks like once I revisit them!
Thanks for reading and commenting!
[align=center]Image

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”