Beckett Babies (Nov. 13, 2020)

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Kymigamer

Beckett Babies (Nov. 13, 2020)

Post by Kymigamer »

Life was beautiful until the babies starting coming and coming and coming even more. I start this challenge with the surprise of triplets. I have no lot traits or fertility treatments for this to happen and yet it did. At first I was mortified but then I reasoned that the entire goal of this challenge was to have a LOT of babies. After realizing this in the next breath I calmed down to the challenge. Since then another pregnancy gave us another girl and now she is pregnant again. "She is pregnant again" is going to be a constant theme for the Beckett family for some time to come. Let me introduce the Beckett family to you.

The dad is named Tanner Beckett. He is doing his part in providing for the growing family by painting and gardening a bunch of tulip flowers. He has maxed the painting skill and has level six of the gardening skill. He is level seven in parenting which is great because his aspiration is Big Happy Family. He will have a very big and hopefully happy family for sure when all is completed.

Next we have poor mom Beckett. Her name is Karissa. She is never not pregnant it seems but she has had no problems with morning sickness thus far. I am delighted as I hate to clean up puke on the toilet. It looks really gross. Karissa is working her way through the Knitting aspiration but it is hard going with babies and toddlers vying for her attention. Its on hold at this point. She is doing her part tending the garden with Tanner and cooking for the family which helps a lot. Her skill of cooking is the highest at level eight. Next is knitting at level seven. Then we have gardening and parenting tied for level six each.

Now we visit with the babies. First up are the triplets. They are named in order of birth. Brooke has red hair like her mom and has maxed all of her toddler skills. Belle is next and she has also maxed her toddler skills. She has black hair to take after Dad. Next of the triplets is Buddy. He has also maxed all of the toddler skills and has black hair like Tanner. I dressed them all in the new star wars toddler outfits as I think they are adorable. I maxed the toddler's skills but I doubt I'll be able to follow this trend with more babies being born. I don't do great with full houses. After the triplets were well on their way into toddlerhood, their little sister Betty was born. She is still an infant but not for much longer. She seems like a good baby after having to take care of three at once last time.

I'm hoping the pregnancy, toddler insanity, repeating over and over won't get boring or monotonous. If anyone has ideas to liven this up a bit please comment below. I'd love to hear some tips from the veterans.
Last edited by Kymigamer on November 13th, 2020, 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center]Beckett Babies[/align]
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Beckett Babies (First posted Nov. 11, 2020)

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

This is pretty interesting to hear. I’ve never done a baby boom challenge, but if you can, any extra help would probably help. As for making it not boring, maybe take the family out once a week to different areas? Like, the park? I know the parks in both Oasis Springs and... the desert base game town, that the name escapes me right now, both have stuff for kids to play on, and also barbecue grills, so maybe they could go out for lunch there on the weekends, or a weekday dinner.
Kymigamer

Post by Kymigamer »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:This is pretty interesting to hear. I’ve never done a baby boom challenge, but if you can, any extra help would probably help. As for making it not boring, maybe take the family out once a week to different areas? Like, the park? I know the parks in both Oasis Springs and... the desert base game town, that the name escapes me right now, both have stuff for kids to play on, and also barbecue grills, so maybe they could go out for lunch there on the weekends, or a weekday dinner.
I was excited to see someone replied! Hello. Strangetown is the one I think you mean? I'm not in the habit of leaving the home lot with a full house so changing it up in this way you've suggested might just be a great way for a change. I hope things don't blow up while my Sims are away from home. I'll need to count heads to make sure everyone makes it home safely after the outing is concluded. I'm getting overwhelmed already and there are only seven in the house right now. I'm not sure why I chose this challenge. I guess its because it looked challenging. lol And the medal for it is really cute too.
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Kymigamer wrote:
KatLovesPotatoes wrote:This is pretty interesting to hear. I’ve never done a baby boom challenge, but if you can, any extra help would probably help. As for making it not boring, maybe take the family out once a week to different areas? Like, the park? I know the parks in both Oasis Springs and... the desert base game town, that the name escapes me right now, both have stuff for kids to play on, and also barbecue grills, so maybe they could go out for lunch there on the weekends, or a weekday dinner.
I was excited to see someone replied! Hello. Strangetown is the one I think you mean? I'm not in the habit of leaving the home lot with a full house so changing it up in this way you've suggested might just be a great way for a change. I hope things don't blow up while my Sims are away from home. I'll need to count heads to make sure everyone makes it home safely after the outing is concluded. I'm getting overwhelmed already and there are only seven in the house right now. I'm not sure why I chose this challenge. I guess its because it looked challenging. lol And the medal for it is really cute too.
Hi! I was thinking of Oasis Springs as the desert. Willow Creek is the normal grass base game town. :haha: I don’t play Sims 4 a lot at the moment. I hope things don’t blow up either. Baby boom does look challenging, but I’m going to do a plain legacy before I do anything else.
Kymigamer

Post by Kymigamer »

I have another comment, thank you! Oasis Springs, right you are. I think this is where my family is right now located. I chose a cheap lot and moved them in. Then I went and bulldozed the big lot and moved them over then bought the knight statue as the instructions say. I really don't think I need such a huge lot but its nice to grow if needed. I'd rather have a big lot then a small lot that is too small. Starting a legacy challenge is what I should have done! This Baby Challenge is testing my patience. lol I could keep going and choose one of the kids to begin a legacy next. I'm not saying I will but its an idea you gave to me from your comment. Its great that you commented again.

I've been buying little flower pots to keep count of the kids genders that I have up until now. I have brown pots for the girls and blue pots for the boys. They are put in rows in the front-side yard as a visual aid. There should be two blue pots by now because Bobby was just born. I have three females and two males.
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Kymigamer wrote:I have another comment, thank you! Oasis Springs, right you are. I think this is where my family is right now located. I chose a cheap lot and moved them in. Then I went and bulldozed the big lot and moved them over then bought the knight statue as the instructions say. I really don't think I need such a huge lot but its nice to grow if needed. I'd rather have a big lot then a small lot that is too small. Starting a legacy challenge is what I should have done! This Baby Challenge is testing my patience. lol I could keep going and choose one of the kids to begin a legacy next. I'm not saying I will but its an idea you gave to me from your comment. Its great that you commented again.

I've been buying little flower pots to keep count of the kids genders that I have up until now. I have brown pots for the girls and blue pots for the boys. They are put in rows in the front-side yard as a visual aid. There should be two blue pots by now because Bobby was just born. I have three females and two males.
You’re welcome! I don’t usually need a big lot for my families. I just take a three bedroom house (one room for the parents, one for the kids, and then one for the babies and toddlers, if there are any), and that’s all I need to play with.

That’s a good way to keep count of genders. I haven’t been keeping count. :haha: I’m sure I have more girls than boys though, since most of the kids have been girls. I believe there’s only been 3 boys in the legacy so far.
Kymigamer

Re: Beckett Babies (Nov. 13, 2020)

Post by Kymigamer »

I usually don't need a large lot either but I think the rules suggested that I do for this one. I'm putting this challenge on hold for a while. I don't know how long but its lost its appeal to me right now with so many kids! I don't handle full households well. Its too hectic and I can't seem to get attached to them so easily. I have the save and I might be back at it someday. For now I'm playing an EPIC save for The Sims 4 and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I need to share that but have been playing too much to bother with writing something up so far. lol So, this post is to say that Beckett Babies is now on hiatus until further notice.
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Beckett Babies (Nov. 13, 2020)

Kymigamer wrote:I usually don't need a large lot either but I think the rules suggested that I do for this one. I'm putting this challenge on hold for a while. I don't know how long but its lost its appeal to me right now with so many kids! I don't handle full households well. Its too hectic and I can't seem to get attached to them so easily. I have the save and I might be back at it someday. For now I'm playing an EPIC save for The Sims 4 and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I need to share that but have been playing too much to bother with writing something up so far. lol So, this post is to say that Beckett Babies is now on hiatus until further notice.
:slaphappy: Alright. It is hard to handle full households, and since I use mods, and in particular, one that allows me to have even more than 8 sims in a household... it’s hectic. A lot. But, it’s not so bad at the moment in my legacy, since all the kids are teens.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”