(DISCONTINUED) A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions

Post by peachy123uk »

Just left a message on blogger
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

creativecress36
Origin ID: electricpop3039
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by creativecress36 »

You're back! Yay! I can't wait to read this :)
Hiatus
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

I was actually reminiscing and rereading some of your Didney chapters earlier, so I'm thrilled to see you're back on the blogging scene. I don't know much about the EPIC challenge personally, you're the first I've seen to try it for Sims 2, but it does seem like a more flexible version of the apocalypse. You can actually go to other lots! Wow.
Spoiler:
So I'm wondering, is Al named after a pixar character? I'm trying to figure that out but can't recall.

And regarding your question at the end, I'm for breaking up a playable's family because honestly, I imagine they're lacking in screentime. :pan:
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

It's good to see you back! And this looks like a tricky challenge. at least at the beginning, but you're off to a good start.
Spoiler:
So this is Pixar-themed? I thought of something: Since Al's Toy Barn was in Toy Story, are you planning to go through Pixar's filmography in order?

Admittedly, I did not see the sequels, but wow, Al seems like a real peach. He's still quite amusing, although I worry about how married life's going to end up for him.

You decided to go with the farming and fishing route? That's always fun, IMO, and the sparkly food's a useful side perk. Good luck catching all the different fish, too; some of them can be difficult to obtain. Oh, fair warning, though--I keep my cooking fish in inventory, since they don't add to fresh food points, and I don't know if the refrigerator keeps track of them some other way. (Hmm, maybe something to playtest in my game later.)

You can break up a playable family? I did not know that, although I've never tried, occasional flings notwithstanding :whistle:. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other; I would probably just go with whomever has the most chemistry. (Or least, if you want to be mean to Al. :twisted: )

Can't wait for the next part!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions *NEW CHAPTER: 30/10/202

Post by peachy123uk »

read and left a comment on blogger
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

creativecress36
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

YAY! *runs to read*
Hiatus
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Some intense(but hilarious) drama with the Tinker household!
Spoiler:
The miscarriage was a tad depressing, but Wanda is probably halfway through her adult life isn't she? I never checked but that's what I'm assuming. So she and Al should probably try again soon.

Now Al's origins make sense. I have watched Toy Story, but so long ago so I didn't remember who he was.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Well, that was a lot to handle!
Spoiler:
I'm not too familiar with the Tinker family, although I did have one Sim date all three (fortunately, they never found out). Still, the post-cheating brawl and runaway teen drama almost makes me feel obligated to play them to make it up to them somehow!
On a less somber note, Wanda looks gorgeous post-makeover. :thup: I hope they both get better at their respective skills; it looks like money's going to be tight for a while until they get the hang of it.
Am I imagining things, or was your comment below Al's fishing picture in response to his calling you Noob again after you told him not to last chapter?
Oh no, poor Wanda! She's been through way too much in such a short time. :( I hate to say it, but if you're doing the patriarchy mini-challenge, you might want to try again soon, because it could take several tries before she has a son. But as peachy and Calamity Jade said, it depends on how far into adulthood she is.
It was definitely an exciting chapter, although I hope things get better and calm down a bit. :faint:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Incoming swarm of girls. Because playing only one usually ends up giving you nothing but the other. Hehe. I recently had to do some rebuild work on my EPIC, glitched up Pangu's Axe meant no one could move out, and it was invisible so I couldn't even find it... :mutter: So I picked my entire sixth generation and the seventh then moved them to a new file. Had to delete the other one but I saved all of my heirs and spares as soon as they turn YA. Lost all their stuff...but them's the breaks. :banghead: Oh well, it's a ten generation challenge and I'm on generation 7 so I'll be fine. Anyway, nice to see another EPIC going I like building barns too. I rebuild one on every new lot I move my EPIC family to. Looking forward to the next one.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Yay!! A new story from Nooboo :D
Spoiler:
First of all, amaaaazing job creating Al from Toy Story! I knew who he was straight away :applause: I am very excited for this pixar theme :O

I loved your caption on the photo of Al and the unsavoury charlatan greeting townies with the hot dogs chilling in the background XD You are so sweet, not wanting to break up a family so that Al can have a wife! Maybe one of the marriages isn't so strong, so it would be a bit less awful if it broke down?! I can't wait to see what you choose to do- and I've just seen your part 2 is up, so I don't have to wait, yay! At this moment I feel like Lisa Ramirez would be an interesting choice...

Part 2- ahh when you look more closely at Wanda Tinker, she makes sense for Al! Looking forward to this inevitable drama *rubs hands* Oh WOW, Stephen reeeeally didn't react well! Lol at Al being the least sympathetic sim ever. And concerning Stephen leaving- that can be annoying, that the broken-up-with sim leaves. I believe there's a mod allowing you to choose who moves out and with which family members. You know, just in case you plan on doing any more home-wrecking ;)

Omg, Melody ran away?!! That's crazy haha, so much fallout from you doing one interaction. I love Wanda's makeover and 't h i c c n e s s' ahahaha. Your humour isn't rusty at all, I love it. Aww poor Wanda and her miscarriage, and another breakdown! She's been through a lot lately.
Really looking forward to see what happens next, Nooboo!
Happy Pride!!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Hmm, not sure what happened but the second chapter is the first one all over again. I couldn't find it on the page. It had the same post date too.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It keeps taking me to the October 30th post. I clicked the link you posted and it went right there to the October 30th one.
creativecress36
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions *NEW CHAPTER: 02/01/202

Yay! New chapter, I've been waiting for this to update!!
Hiatus
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions *NEW CHAPTER: 02/01/202

Post by B. Scirocco »

Spoiler:
Yay, new chapter! Although I'm sorry things have been tough for you lately.
Poor Wanda; glad she's gotten a little time to recuperate after everything that happened last chapter.
Oh, darn it, I actually somewhat like Al now. If he's nice to his kid(s) the same way as to Wanda, I think they'll be okay.
What a pretty kitty! It looks like my mom's cat. Good thing you kept it from wrecking the chair, though, considering that it would take a bite out of the tomato harvest to replace it.
Well, things are looking up; first fruit harvest and a baby on the way. Looks like Al's gotten better at fishing, too; maybe you'll get a golden trout soon enough when spring arrives.
Can't wait to see what happens next--and a happy New Year to you as well!

(As an aside: Sorry I wasn't clear with my previous comment. Here's the pair of quotes I was referring to:
From Part One: "Whatever, Noob. *laughs* Get it? Noob? Because you're playing a game?"
From Part Two: "Whatever floats your boat, buddy. Get it? Boat? Because we're talking about fishing?" I apologize for the confusion!)
IotaTav
Origin ID: IotaTav
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: A Pixar Tale of EPIC Proportions *NEW CHAPTER: 11/01/202

Post by IotaTav »

Loving this so far.
Spoiler:
Note on having more children: EPIC rules require that you only have one child each generation until that restriction is lifted somewhere around gen5-6 or so. Only the eldest of multiples can be controlled and be heir, and if you don't get multiples, you aren't allowed to have siblings... :sigh:
Current Challenges
Spoiler:
IotaTav
Origin ID: IotaTav
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by IotaTav »

Okay, I double checked...and you're right! You have kids until you have a boy!

That's what I get for being a Sims 4 player :fisty:

Sorry for the false alarm
Current Challenges
Spoiler:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
You can also answer the phone any day but your sims can't make any phone calls unless it's their day to use it. Because once your sims do get jobs you need your friend count. So move that chair out of the way. Welcome, Ellie to the madness of sims.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Spoiler:
Ooh, nice painting; I think the house is going to look really pretty by the end of the challenge.
I think you're OK to use the aspiration perks, since those appear to be only off-limits under the "Doing It the Hard Way" mini-challenge.
Jeez, Al needs to cool off a bit, or he might have a stroke when the next harvest comes in. :roll: Those are some good-looking tomatoes, though!
Hmm, I don't have Apartment Life, but if you do, can you put the phone on silent mode? Otherwise, I just hope it doesn't drive you too crazy before Gen Three arrives.
Welcome, little Ellie! (And that's a good name. :D ) Although fingers crossed that the next baby will be a boy.
Why do burglars always seem to show up early on when you have no money, especially in a challenge where you can't buy alarms? :mutter: If only he'd stolen that armchair in front of the phone instead...
You got in some good progress this time; hope winter's a peaceful season for the Pixars. :tea:

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Graveyard”