March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June 20th

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
You finally had to move, sounds like everything was telling you too. The children seems to be doing well, and have interesting traits.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Emma:
Spoiler:
Yes, I didn't want to lose them like I had to lose my Genetic Roulette family because of the lagging issues. Hopefully this won't happen again...but who knows?
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
That's too bad you had to move hoods. Hopefully Moonlight Falls will treat the family better!

Nothing wrong with knowing how to handle all the money you steal. :lol:

I love the twins a lot!

Go Brianna! I love that Edmund is a ghost.

Mochi is adorable. You have such cute pets. :)

I think Orlando might be my favorite. I just love his personality.

I hope you find a unicorn soon!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

What a fun story!
Spoiler:
Makes perfect sense that the kids are getting Frugal traits. Just looking out for their dad. :sarcastic:

The pets are very cute, of course. Mochi reminds me of a pug in combination with something else/not sure what.

And do I sense a plot brewing with Orlando and his potential love interest? ^^
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June 23rd

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
Yeah I knew Isla Paradiso was a risk, beautiful, but glitchy and laggy AF. And sad thing is, while hunting for seeds, Lilah found her first undiscovered island. I didn't take a picture because I knew I couldn't keep that island she found. And I knew I'd never get far with the resort so I didn't even try for that, even though Chance had "acquired" enough money to fully upgrade it to a four star resort easily. Orlando randomizing Evil with two Good parents was lul worthy, we shall see what the heir poll reveals for them. Mochi is cute, little white floof. <3
Jade:
Spoiler:
Yep two Frugal kids is fun, though neither of them rolled up any wants to clip coupons or anything related to it. Orlando wants to learn magic, useful for ability to torment Sims with Toadification curses, or Zombism. He's Evil after all, but it's up to the heir poll now to see who wins. Mochi will learn Hunting skill so he can find me stuff like the cats do. Make the animals earn their keep. :lol: Also looking forward to posting Chapter 5...
Also new chapter!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm glad Moonlight Falls is working out better for you! Plus there's the fun of having a ton of supernaturals around.

Woo aliens! They really don't show up as often in Sims 3. Even though Brianna may not be your heir, it's fun to see the aliens actually visit.

Awe Orlando playing with Mochi is adorable. I just love pets anyway, so everything they do is cute, but seeing "evil" Orlando play with him is cuter.

I love Mochi's little face. He looks permanently sad though. He needs lots of hugs! Yes treasure hunting is always a good way to get some extra cash.

It's nice to see the whole family together. :)

Go Orchid for scoring her first kiss!

It will be interesting to see if either of them get caught by Ophelia. Maybe she can turn the other way for family members. ;)

Orlando the evil Rock God. I like the sound of that!

Excited to see the next generation. :D
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
growing up so quickly, spouses at the ready, time to move, marriage and babies now. whoever your heir I am sure they will have fun.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Whoops, got behind again, go figure. :D

Chapter 3:
Spoiler:
The kids all look great. Sad about having to move early but it sounds like it needed to happen. Too bad about the rug, I liked that yellow pattern they had. I love the traits these kids are getting, too funny. Mochi is ADORABLE! I love sim pets, they are so cute! Great job as always.
Chapter 4:
Spoiler:
Love all the kids make-overs. They look great, and congrats on finding spouses already. Seems like you are just speeding along. Now to go vote. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
Yeah I like Moonlight Falls even if it is one of the darker worlds, like Dragon Valley. Another favourite world of mine. ^^ Aliens in Sims 3 are rarely seen, not like Sims 2 where you can summon them with the FT Knowledge perk. Also alien DNA is VERY hard to breed out once you have it, as seen in my Monster Mash challenge. They are persistent that's for sure. Mochi found a carbon steel ore when digging in one of those dirt mounds, that's not a common metal to find in a world. Usually rare spawns near the mine that all the worlds have somewhere in them. Now finding Supernovium, is even rarer. I have one ingot of that in another file and no idea what its use is other than to sell for mucho dineros. We shall see what the heir poll reveals for my next heir. I'm sure I'll toss together some sort of plot since it's inevitable in one of my challenges.
Emma:
Spoiler:
I don't usually speed through a challenge like this, I take my time and the plot bunnies multiply and it ends up continuing as a legacy, then an Apocalypse, a couple of NaNo stories, then a cross over into Sims 3...a real snowball effect. :fluffy: Still though, looking at 20 chapters before this is completed. Five per generation, because I count the founders as generation 1 and the last heir as generation 4. :sly:
Ciyrose:
Spoiler:
Isla Paradiso was a gamble and it nearly lost me everything before the second generation even got going, so kind of glad I bailed before my boat sank so to speak. I usually avoid Isla Paradiso, Bridgeport, and Twinbrook if I have to move. I have 13 worlds to choose from and most legacies only need to move 9 or 10 times to stay ahead of file bloating. I do have the Sims 3 Create-A-World program but no idea how to really use it to make a workable file, Julie knows how though, I have her District One world downloaded.

I don't plan the spouses too much so most of the time it's random chance encounters. Although Edmund and Jayson were planned, I ported them over from Isla Paradiso just for the girls. I don't have a same sex pregnancy mod so if I have a same sex generation couple then the kids have to be NRAAS'd to work or alien encounters which is a lot harder to do in Sims 3. Anyway, glad to see you caught up now. :spin:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
That looks like a very calm, family photo. ^^ I'm glad Mochi is still cute. But is he cute enough to be Orlando's partner-in-crime?

And it seems like in any Sims game, the sims want to knock down the flamingoes. What did those poor birds ever do to them?
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

finally got around to reading all of this so far! I'm a big fan of all the colours and excited to see who'll become heir!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Jade:
Spoiler:
I guess the flamingoes look at them funny. :shrug: I know if I move them, they'll be all face down soon enough. Mochi is too gentle to be Orlando's attack dog, unless dog scruffles are bad :lol: I'm ecited to see what the heir poll shows next week.
Caliente:
Spoiler:
Right now it looks like Brianna is winning the heir poll, but that can still change in the next few days. We shall see. I like all the colours of the flamingoes too, missed doing that when I play in Sims 2. I'm sure there's CC out there for Sims 2 flaminoges to be different colours but I'll stick with Sims 3's customizations. Thanks for reading!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June 26th

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
yeah Chance got his Unicorn, I like the house tour, the wands look really intriguing too. I will go and vote for the heir. Nope I have already done that lol
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Finally a unicorn! And I love the magic theme in the basement.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

Spoiler:
yay! he finally got his unicorn!
also, i've had that issue with graduations before. I think maybe if they've already been YA for a little while they just....don't go? I've always had issues if there's more than 2 or 3 sims going to graduation at the same time unfortunately
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm excited for the new generation, though I do like Chance and Lilah!

Ophelia and Orlando make quite the team!

I like the house and your area for the room of mystery! I forgot about TS2 train always catching on fire.

Woo! Congrats on finally finding a unicorn. :D
[align=center]Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Emma:
Spoiler:
Chance finally got his unicorn and the Secret Place has all the moving paintings of Sims 3 in it, including the judgemental fairy who watches them pee in the bathroom. Hehe. :spin: So I've done one of the three things for the Supernatural challenge already. Shadow is the OWBC mascot as well since all my pets ended up being male and can't breed for the Pets bonus, which included getting a unicorn. So far no one has found that room, but if Orlando ends up being heir, Faith will probably find it. Witches always roll the want to get a new wand.
Jade:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I knew I wanted that secret place to be themed I could have added the vampire bed too but there was no room for it. Since it looks like my second gen heir will become a vampire. I like displaying the wands too, I had never seen what they look like up close before and they are pretty nice. I'm running my own Olivander's store down there. :rotfl:
Caliente:
Spoiler:
I could have canceled the Go to Graduation in the queue but I thought I'd get all four of them. Oh well, three more chances to go. :smirk: I think Ophelia and Orchid got awards though I'd have to look at their inventories again. After I take all their diplomas out to put on the wall beside their parents' ones. Brianna got her diploma already so I guess she was already past the one day as YA for the graduation. It only triggered when the other three aged up so I dunno.
108Sims:
Spoiler:
Yeah I never had the FT train set because of that, though in my second apocalypse which is done in Sims 2, the royal family does have one in the house...so I have to watch it. I put an alarm in the room with it so maybe that will help, probably should add a sprinkler too. Ophelia and Orlando could well be terror twins if I let them be, but one of them will be leaving the house to be set free into the wilds of SP. Chance got his unicorn, with maxed racing and jumping skills so whoever the heir is can read up on the Riding skill and start winning me some trophies with Shadow, unless Chance wants to do that as an elder. I have to wait until Monday to play again, I will have three spare weddings to do first. Glad I got the Overstuffed house mod for it, I have six Sims and four pets in the house so I can only move in one spare spouse at a time. Game still thinks 8 is the max limit. :shrug:
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Caught up at last!
Spoiler:
Still don't regret my heir vote but maybe the majority will...anyways good job outfitting the house for Moonlight Falls (it's a better place to be magical) and that unicorn. All the pets paid off!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Chance looked epic riding that unicorn all bare back though!
Nice house tour.
Love your little secret room and you are right those wands all do look really neat.
Looking forward to seeing the heir!

Return to “Completed Boolprop Challenges”