The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Kwolf
Steam ID: Kwolf

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Post by Kwolf »

I did it! I finished the challenge! :highfive: https://www.boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=247&t=5724
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Way to go!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Kwolf
Steam ID: Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

Teresa wrote:Way to go!
Thanks! :party2:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I am working on this ruleset at the moment to update it for all the packs that have been released this year! If anyone has any suggestions for pack-specific bonuses, let me know!
simfulicious wrote:So after playing for a few days, I don't think there is a whole lot of new stuff to do for Get Famous...but I could be drastically wrong. Anyways, here are my ideas for choosing it as a bonus challenge.

Someone from each generation needs to reach the top celeb status and max celeb perks
Same sim needs to max media production skill
Same sim needs to max acting skill

Also wondering if we should do: Each heir/ess needs to find a spouse who is more famous than they are at time of marriage. Thinking of this instead of acting skill, since not all sims have to be actors in order to be famous.
This reply is a year old (oops), but I will be looking in to adding some of these for the Get Famous section! I am thinking another possible challenge could be to have at least one sim per generation be nominated for (& win) a starlight accolade. Another could be reputation-based, maybe. Something along the lines of throwing one gold charity ball, and one gold lampoon party.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

SO I know this post hasn't been updated in a while but I have some potential ideas for Discover University and Eco Lifestyle...

Discover University:
- each heir has to go to uni and complete a degree
- each heir should participate in and max a 'uni' career (soccer team, e-sports team, secret society)
- someone in the family needs to max robotics and build a servo that lives with the family for the rest of the challenge

Eco Lifestyle:
- each heir should max the fabrication and/or juice fizzing skill
- each heir should make their neighbourhood a different eco footprint (i.e. one makes it green, one neutral and one industrial)
- at least one person in the family should max the civil designer career and change the community space to whatever they like best (maker space, community garden, marketplace)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

We may want to consider adding the City Living exception to the rules for completing all aspirations. I have been playing Island Living, and if I want to try and do the aspirations I can't do City Living without moving.

Also, as a question, since 'novel' really isn't a type of book specifically, was that going for Level 5 of writing, where you can write a non-fiction book (instead of children, poetry, or short stories?)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

calientequeen wrote:SO I know this post hasn't been updated in a while but I have some potential ideas for Discover University and Eco Lifestyle...

Discover University:
- each heir has to go to uni and complete a degree
- each heir should participate in and max a 'uni' career (soccer team, e-sports team, secret society)
- someone in the family needs to max robotics and build a servo that lives with the family for the rest of the challenge

Eco Lifestyle:
- each heir should max the fabrication and/or juice fizzing skill
- each heir should make their neighbourhood a different eco footprint (i.e. one makes it green, one neutral and one industrial)
- at least one person in the family should max the civil designer career and change the community space to whatever they like best (maker space, community garden, marketplace)
Will switch to your idea of heirs having the option to max out any uni career or club, since that gives players a bit more variety than my initial idea of having to do the secret society each time. :lol: Thank you for the suggestions for Eco Lifestyle as well!
ciyrose wrote:We may want to consider adding the City Living exception to the rules for completing all aspirations. I have been playing Island Living, and if I want to try and do the aspirations I can't do City Living without moving.

Also, as a question, since 'novel' really isn't a type of book specifically, was that going for Level 5 of writing, where you can write a non-fiction book (instead of children, poetry, or short stories?)
For the Aspirational family bonus? Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe adding an exception for spares counting towards the location-based ones, so that if your main family won't need to move worlds to complete it.

Good question, I'll update novel to non-fiction to be a bit more specific!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, as I have been playing this I have taken a hard look at the aspirations challenge portion of this. I understand the intent is to make it a big challenge because it's worth a lot of points, but with each expansion adding at least 1 or 2 aspirations (minus a couple) what used to be 23 aspirations (base game) has gone up to 42 if you have all of the expansions. This starts to feel a little lopsided for people who have all of the expansions vs those of who don't in the options of getting those points. I do understand those without a lot of expansions won't be able to get points based on the expansion bonuses (which you can pick up to 3 of), and trying to get through 42+ (as I'm sure more will be coming) with around 13 sims (if each generation only has 3 kids, and each generation gets married instead of just having the three kids by different people.) Especially when you get into things like City Living (which I know there was mention of using a spare for) the Friend of Animals, and the Strangerville Mystery.

So my idea is this: To keep it still a challenge but to make it feel more doable as we add more aspirations over time, we make it 30 aspirations (or all you have if you do not have access to 30 of them). The reason for 30 is the right combo of 3 expansion packs gives you access to 30 of them. Vampires adds 3, and Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Jungle Adventure, and Realm of Magic all add an additional two. Most of the rest add a single aspiration to the mix. I also believe this is a good balance of what you might want to focus on based on the bonuses you pick (if you have Cats and Dogs and chose to get those bonuses you might want to focus on the animal aspiration) and giving the chance for not having to use a spare to do something like City Living unless you have that pack and want to focus on that. It also takes into account the idea that, as they add to the game, and potentially add more aspirations, you might have more to chose from, and maybe we have to adjust the number at some point, but 10 require you to "become and adult" at some level of the aspiration, and the family ones, if you don't start them right away and potentially use youth potion you won't be able to achieve easily still. I also feel like 30 keeps from someone just doing the "easy" aspirations to achieve and still need to work at it, thus keeping it a good challenge. Let me know your thoughts, and if you feel I might be completely off base, as I am really trying to get these done, but even with 5 kids in the first generation, I'm not able to easily sped through most of these, and also keep focused on the rest of my goals. Now maybe the right player could easily do it, but I don't know if any has or not.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Happened to notice due to a discussion on Discord that the Bonus section is missing this clause:

"If you only have one expansion pack start the challenge with nine points, if you only have the base game start with eighteen."

Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 versions have this.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

@Heather ... Wanted to make sure you saw this. When you have a chance to look over it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

ciyrose wrote:Ok, as I have been playing this I have taken a hard look at the aspirations challenge portion of this. I understand the intent is to make it a big challenge because it's worth a lot of points, but with each expansion adding at least 1 or 2 aspirations (minus a couple) what used to be 23 aspirations (base game) has gone up to 42 if you have all of the expansions. This starts to feel a little lopsided for people who have all of the expansions vs those of who don't in the options of getting those points. I do understand those without a lot of expansions won't be able to get points based on the expansion bonuses (which you can pick up to 3 of), and trying to get through 42+ (as I'm sure more will be coming) with around 13 sims (if each generation only has 3 kids, and each generation gets married instead of just having the three kids by different people.) Especially when you get into things like City Living (which I know there was mention of using a spare for) the Friend of Animals, and the Strangerville Mystery.

So my idea is this: To keep it still a challenge but to make it feel more doable as we add more aspirations over time, we make it 30 aspirations (or all you have if you do not have access to 30 of them). The reason for 30 is the right combo of 3 expansion packs gives you access to 30 of them. Vampires adds 3, and Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Jungle Adventure, and Realm of Magic all add an additional two. Most of the rest add a single aspiration to the mix. I also believe this is a good balance of what you might want to focus on based on the bonuses you pick (if you have Cats and Dogs and chose to get those bonuses you might want to focus on the animal aspiration) and giving the chance for not having to use a spare to do something like City Living unless you have that pack and want to focus on that. It also takes into account the idea that, as they add to the game, and potentially add more aspirations, you might have more to chose from, and maybe we have to adjust the number at some point, but 10 require you to "become and adult" at some level of the aspiration, and the family ones, if you don't start them right away and potentially use youth potion you won't be able to achieve easily still. I also feel like 30 keeps from someone just doing the "easy" aspirations to achieve and still need to work at it, thus keeping it a good challenge. Let me know your thoughts, and if you feel I might be completely off base, as I am really trying to get these done, but even with 5 kids in the first generation, I'm not able to easily sped through most of these, and also keep focused on the rest of my goals. Now maybe the right player could easily do it, but I don't know if any has or not.
Sorry I missed this! Hadn't checked on the thread since I last updated in June. I do agree that having to complete all 42 aspirations is a bit extreme if you play with the full collection, I think your suggestion of 30 could work, or even limiting that particular bonus to completing all the basegame aspirations, maybe?
Seera wrote:Happened to notice due to a discussion on Discord that the Bonus section is missing this clause:

"If you only have one expansion pack start the challenge with nine points, if you only have the base game start with eighteen."

Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 versions have this.
Will add that section, thanks!
MeadowThayerr
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Crimetape
Origin ID: MeadowThayerr
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by MeadowThayerr »

Alongside the influx of of aspirations, there has been an influx of available skills to max. Can we limit that to a set number as well?
Image Image Image
Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.

STORIES | TWITCH

Sims 4
The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game | The Cien Baby Challenge | Nook's Legacy
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

MeadowThayerr wrote:Alongside the influx of of aspirations, there has been an influx of available skills to max. Can we limit that to a set number as well?
Skills should definitely have a capped number, yes! Way too many skills to expect players to complete every single one of them for points. :lol:
IotaTav
Origin ID: IotaTav
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by IotaTav »

I have a couple questions about The Golden Trio mini-challenge:
  1. 1) What does "a generation of your choice" mean? Does that mean that you have to choose a generation and only that generation can have the triplets and otherwise you lose the challenge, or can you try again with a later generation?

2) How does the One Bad Apple mini-challenge interact with the ruling? If you choose not to have any pregnancies after the trio, you don't really have any child to be able to designate as the BA, so is that generation just exempt from the other challenge, or do you basically have to choose one or the other?
Thanks in advance for any answers!
Current Challenges
Spoiler:
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Two questions, as I’m planning on doing this challenge after I finish the trailer park one.

1) If I chose to the do the Matriarch mini-challenge but also want to do the Jungle Adventure bonuses, could I just have all the fathers be local sims they met in Selvadora or can I only pick one of those challenges/bonuses? I’m pretty sure I’ll do RoM and the Island Living ones, just need to decide whether there’ll be a third.

2) will this be updated with bonuses for the newest packs?

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”