The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge! (TS2/3/4)

Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge! (TS2/3/4)

Post by Thaitanic »

Image The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge Image

It's alive! It's ALIVE!
Happy Halloween folks!! To celebrate the best holiday of the year this awesome holiday, we've formulated a really fun new sims challenge for you! This is the Boolprop Monster Mash challenge (go on, set the mood). This is a challenge for all versions of sims. Anyone who publishes the story and completes it is also viable to get the brand new medal for this challenge! Image <- (It's that one, by the way. :lol: )

BASIC CHALLENGE LAYOUT:
The challenge is generation based - the less generations it takes for you to achieve the end goal, the more points you get. Your founder does count as the first generation. The eventual goal is to create a 'black sheep' sim who is or has been multiple supernatural life states in the sims. Obviously because of the nature of this challenge, you require the pertinent EPs that allow you to have at least 5 supernaturals in game, so for TS2 the Ultimate Collection is recommended. For TS3, Supernatural is a big help, etc.

So in light of that:
* Please don't use maxmotives! You can use testingcheatsenabled to bug fix, and moveobjects for the same purpose.
* Money cheats are a no-no, but if you're desperate you can use kaching at a -20 point penalty.
* And this is a fun challenge! Don't ruin the fun by using any mods, hacks or cheats that would speed up the process of gaining your black sheep!
* Do whatever you need to to save your game should you meet any bugs, however.

The challenge ends as soon as you have a black sheep who is at least five (or has been five, in the case of the Sims 3/4) of the supernatural life states at once.

TS2:
* The playable supernatural lifestates in Sims 2 are: aliens, zombies, vampires, plantsims, werewolves, and witches.
* You must start with a vanilla sim, and your black sheep MUST have an alien as one of its lifestates (or else you could just make your founder all five of the other lifestates and where's the fun in that? :lol: )
* If you want to do a college start it's fair game.
* Any life extending items (Elixir of Life, Cowplant juice, etc) are totally forbidden - vampire immortality is fair game.
* Start your founder on an empty lot of your choosing, but you must reduce your money to 4800 simoleons after purchasing your lot. Your family must live on this lot for the duration of the challenge, so pick your lot wisely!
* Aspirations for children must be rolled legacy style.
* No service sims allowed! What service sim would take a job at a house inhabited by a literal monster? :o
* You are not allowed passive moodboosters like the quill, or snapdragons, and so on. You can have things like the noodle soother or the energizer, however.

TS3:
* The playable supernatural lifestates in Sims 3 are: alien blooded, zombies, vampires, plantsims, werewolves, witches, fairies, mermaids, and ghosts.
* You must start with a vanilla sim, and your black sheep MUST have an inheritable supernatural lifestate as one of its lifestates, such as fairy, mermaid, be a ghost baby, etc. or else you could just make your founder get these lifestates and where's the fun in that? :lol:
* If you want to go to uni it's fair game.
* Any life extending items (ambrosia, life fruit, etc.) are totally forbidden - lengthened life spans due to supernatural powers is fine.
* Start your founder on an empty lot of your choosing, but you must reduce your money to 1800 simoleons after purchasing your lot. Your family must live on this lot for the duration of the challenge, so pick your lot wisely!
* Traits and preferences for children must be rolled legacy style.
* No service sims allowed! What service sim would take a job at a house inhabited by a literal monster? :o
* Play on average or shorter lifespan, no epic long lifespans.

TS4:
* The playable supernatural lifestates in Sims 4 are: alien, ghost, vampire, mermaid, spellcaster, werewolf, temporary plantsim, and temporary skeleton.
* You must start with a vanilla sim. You can not use the create-a-story feature to do so. Your black sheep can be born human, but they must be an offspring of your founder - otherwise you could just make your founder get these lifestates and where's the fun in that? :lol:
* Since hybrids aren't supported in TS4, your black sheep will need to have an alien baby in order for that to count towards your lifestates. This alien baby will not count towards the 10 point bonus for having additional occult sims in your family.
* If you want to do a university start it's fair game.
* Any life extending items are totally forbidden and you cannot change the length of time between birthdays unless its to make it less than the usual. Vampire immortality, or immortality gained from spells are fair game.
* Start your founder on an empty lot of your choosing, but you must reduce your money to 1800 simoleons after purchasing your lot. Your family must live on this lot for the duration of the challenge, so pick your lot wisely!
* If you want to do an extreme start, reduce your starting funds to 0 after purchasing your lot!
* Traits and preferences for children must be rolled legacy style.
* Play on average or shorter lifespan, no epic long lifespans.

SCORING:
* (TS2) If you finish the challenge in two generations, +20 points. If you finish the challenge in three, +5 points. If you finish the challenge in three or more, no points.
* (TS3/4) If you finish the challenge in three generations or less, +30 points. If you finish the challenge in four, +20 points. If you finish the challenge in five, +10 points. If you finish the challenge in five or more, no points.
* +10 points for every lifestate your black sheep has, or has been. (A black sheep who is all of the supernatural lifestates in TS2 is worth 60 points for example.)
* +5 points for every other supernatural in the black sheep's family. (Does not stack - if your black sheep's mother is an alien+vampire, she's only worth +5 points, not +10.)
* +10 points for every 25,000 simoleons your black sheep's family is worth by the time they get their fifth lifestate.
* +5 points for every toddler skill your black sheep learns.
* +10 points for every brother or sister the black sheep has! :D
* +10 points if you have a pet family running alongside your main one.
* +5 points for every sim who reaches the top of their career.
* +10 points for maxing out all basegame skills!

PENALTIES
* -20 points every time you use kaching.
* -20 points for every kid taken away by the social worker.

MINI CHALLENGES:
Spoiler:
* FAMILY FRIENDSHIPS - As a family of outcasts, your black sheep's family really need to stick together. If all immediate family members of the black sheep (parents, siblings, grandparents, pets) are best friends with your black sheep by the time they achieve their final lifestate, you get +10 points per friendship! However they MUST be best friends with every family member to get these points. A family of the parents, and one sibling can earn +30 points if they're all best friends. However, if the black sheep has a bad relationship with their sibling, you can't achieve these points because they are not friends with EVERYONE.

- TS4 VERSION: Sims 4 sims cannot have more than one best friend. Instead, they will need to have a maxed friendship bar. As a family of outcasts, your black sheep’s family really need to stick together. If all immediate family members of the black sheep (parents, siblings, grandparents, pets) are friends with your black sheep by the time they achieve their final lifestate, you get +10 points per friendship! However they MUST be friends with every family member to get these points. A family of the parents, and one sibling can earn +30 points if they’re all friends. If the black sheep has a bad relationship with their sibling, you can’t achieve these points because they are not friends with EVERYONE.

* ALLOTMENT CHIC - Grow all your food in the garden! After your first fridge runs out, only stock it with stuff you've grown on the lot! +15 points.

* BUSINESS EMPIRE (TS2) - Have three top level businesses! +20 points if you can manage this.

* PORTRAITURE - Have a portrait/photo/selfie/etc. of every family member! +15 points

* BEFORE AND AFTER - On top of the portraiture challenge, paint a portrait/take a picture of the black sheep each time they gain a new lifestate and hang them up in the house! +5 points for every lifestate portrait.

* HEIRS AND SPARES - Dealing with supernaturals is risky business. Your black sheep needs to have a spare to pick up the mantle in case a terrible accident happens! +10 points if the black sheep has a spare

* HOUSE EXPANSION - Have a room in the house themed after each one of the black sheep's supernatural lifestates! +10 for each room.

* YOU DO YOU (TS3) - You must take the first LTW that pops up for your sims in their wants, no questions asked. +10 points

* FLUFFY! (TS3) - Collect every single type of dragon! +20 points

* WISHACY - Fulfill every wish your sims have. +40 points

* FAMILY - Your vanilla sim founder wants a family! They must find a partner and have at least three children. These children don't need to be the partner's (all can be the results of alien abductions, for example). +25 points

* EXTREME MONSTER MASH (TS2/3 ONLY) - Go for every single lifestate possible. +20 for TS2. +50 for TS3.

* STRANGE FRIENDS (TS2) - Build a servo, or find a bigfoot friend for your family! +10 for one, +20 for both.

* WICKED (TS2) - The black sheep's family wants to be special too! Get three different sims in the family to become witches. +10 for your infallibly good witch, +10 for your atrociously evil witch, +10 for your true neutral witch.

* BEAM ME UP (TS2) - Earn +20 if one of the alien impregnations is via. dance sphere, and not telescope.

* GRAVEYARD SMASH - Collect a ghost of every colour/type. +20 points.

* ROBO-BUDDIES (TS3) - Max the invention skill, activate the Sim Bot fetch quest and build a Sim Bot! +15 points (Thanks Ani-Mei!)

* MORE THAN A MACHINE (TS3) - Max the Bot Building skill, travel to the future, visit the Bot Emporium and collect some Plumbot building supplies, and return to the present. Finally, create a Plumbot and give it Sentience. +15 points (Thanks Ani-Mei!)

* LITTLE LOT OF HORRORS - Obtain a cowplant, and keep it in your black sheep's garden. It is not allowed to be fenced off, so keep an eye on it! +10 points for obtaining it, and TS3/4 players can earn another +10 points for keeping it alive until the end of the challenge.

* JACK OF ALL TRADES (TS3/4) - Max out at least 20 skills with one sim. +20 points

* PET SEMATARY (TS4) - Visit the cemetery in Brindleton Bay, befriend one of the ghost pets, and adopt it into your sim's family. Have it become companions with your black sheep. +10 points (Thanks llamazing!)

* SPACE ODDITIES (TS4) - Have your alien sim build and fully upgrade a rocket ship, visit Sixam, and collect every type of alien. +15 points.

* H2O, JUST ADD WATER (TS4) - Earn +10 points for obtaining the mermadic kelp through snorkelling, or exploring the cave on Mua Pel'am, instead of using satisfaction points.

* DO SERVOS DREAM OF ELECTRIC LLAMAS? (TS4) - Have your black sheep build a fully upgraded servo, and add them to the family! +10 points

* WELL-EDUCATED (TS4) - With university being a little more challenging, you can earn +15 points if you choose to have both your founder and your black sheep earn a degree! If something happens to your heir, your spare must earn a degree instead.

* PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (TS4) - Start your founding sim on a haunted residential lot, and have your sim's family live there for the full duration of the challenge! +10 points

That's it! Thanks for reading everyone and I hope to see some Boolpropian monster mashes soon! :#1: Feel free to ask questions or give suggestions in-thread and I'll be sure to get to you asap with an answer :)

UPDATES:

Code: Select all

7/3/17: Updated for readability and updated the Sims 3 rules to reflect the limitations of the game.
9/3/17: Updated scores to reflect that toddler skills can be learned in TS3 and 4 as well as 2.
10/11/18: Added Jenn's TS4 versions of the rules.
27/08/19: Updated TS4 ruleset to add mermaids, plus some new bonus challenges. 
11/09/19: Updated TS4 ruleset to add witches, and reduced the minimum amount of lifestates needed.
11/12/19: Updated scoring section to reduce the number of skills needed to earn points in TS3/4, moved game-specific bonuses to the mini challenges section.
16/10/22: Updated TS4 ruleset to add werewolves, plus some new bonus challenges. Clarified that Sims 4 founders may not be the black sheep. Made some overall revisions make sure the challenge was still balanced for the latter games.
call me Thai!
they/them
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge! (TS2/3/4)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Okay, so for Sims 3 do they have to be turned into one of the supernaturals like via Alchemy or something? I just made a fairy founder and stuck her on one of the huge lots in Dragon Valley. I won't be using her though since she's already been motherloded twice *coughcough* and married a guy who had a $100 000 car in his inventory. And how many generations does this go? Is it like an OWBC where there's four? Or do I need more like a full blown 10 gen legacy since Sims 3 has 10 possible occults.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

The challenge has no upper limit of generations, it just goes on until you have a black sheep. Your black sheep has to inherit at least one supernatural lifestate from their parents however! (Basically so you can't just make a sim and turn them into the black sheep, the challenge rewards you starting a family). So the minimum amount of generations you can do it in is two (i.e. your founder's children).

When it comes to Sims 3, you can make your black sheep however you want; it does reward quickness so the least generations you can do it in the better :)
call me Thai!
they/them
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I was actually wondering about the Sims 3 part of this. Before starting my OWBC, I did a bit of research on hybrids and subsequent black sheep. According to the wiki,which is a loose source because of public editing, that hybrids are extra difficult and can cause a lot of issues.

In short, I was wondering if someone was able to pull off a sims 3 black sheep? I know mechanics wise, you have to give up one life state for another, except in a few instances.

I'm honestly just curious. I was thinking about doing this in TS2. :jack:
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

So I make a human founder, he marries say a fairy, their kid is born a fairy so is that the end of the challenge because the kid was born a fairy? Doesn't seem very challenging in Sims 3 if it's that easy to make an occult so quickly. Or is it that the fairy kid marries a witch, the next one is a witch so that counts as two? I have had a fairy paparazzi burn to death right on my front driveway and then I was left with a fire death fairy ghost so that kind of hybrid is fairly easy to get in Sims 3. i.e.:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Sims 3 without hacks is hard to get hybrids on. The easiest 3+ hybrid and really the only one possible without hacks is the ghost + Imaginary Friend + other occult, because sometimes the game will hybrid the Imaginary Friend and another occult. I know I had at least one vampire/imaginary friend when I had a vampire and his Imaginary Friend marry and have kids. Another was just a pure Imaginary Friend and the other was a pure Vampire.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Hmmm okay, we'll have to look into the Sims 3 side of things :lol: I haven't been able to check it in my own game yet (because it's not installed on the new laptop lmao) but I had a feeling there'd be issues with TS3. The aim is to make a hybrid of a minimum of five life-states, but if that's not possible in TS3 we'd probably be willing to bend the rules a bit. Anyone who's actively using TS3 fancy giving this a test for us? :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I'll do it, I just need to know how many generations to run it. I have an Immortal Life mod in that makes it so fairies, vampires, werewolves and ghosts won't age unless I manually age them with NRAAS. I tried it with the cake but the cake is a lie >_<. Hybrids are usually possible with a ghost being one of hybrid halves, zombie fairies happen too, especially in Moonlight Falls. But to actually try for them on purpose, it can't be done without cheats. The Sims 3 code is not written for multiple occult statuses.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Hmmm okay. You're free to do as many generations as you need honestly! Like if it takes you 4 or 5 that's totally fine, because the TS3 rules are totally open to be worked on :mrgreen: If you could help out that would be amazing <3
call me Thai!
they/them
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I'd like to add my own Sims 3 mini challenges to this, I call one Robo Buddies and the other More Than A Machine. In Robo Buddies, you need Ambitions for this and all you need is to max the Inventing skill, activate the Sim Bot fetch quest, and build a Sim Bot. Much like the Strange Friends challenge for TS2. In More Than A Machine, this will require Into the Future. Max the Bot Building skill, travel to the future, visit the Bot Emporium and collect some Plumbot building supplies, (they are usually cheap) and return to the present, then create a Plumbot and give it Sentience. This will also earn you a Legacy Statue in the future. Also my founder scored some future info about lottery winnings from City Hall while he was there and ended up winning a $150 000 jackpot so for a first generation founder he has a pretty sweet house and also a nice Legacy Statue. I donated $50 000 in the present to the Plan The Future fund and got it. It's an easy way to grab lots of cash in the early beginning and it's not even a cheat, it's legit!

Here it is my attempt to do one in Sims 3:

A Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

This sounds like so much fun! It sucks that TS4 is so lacking in occult type sims so I don't know which game I want to try it on (probably all three at some point, no doubt) but I adore the mini challenges - especially the HOUSE NEXPANSION. You guys are so creative :fluffy:
* +15 points if you play them through university. (TS2/3/4)
I don't think you can go to university in TS4? (or is this part of the new City Living EP?) other than a Mod I googled or am I missing a game/pack?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well TS4 is still new so there may be more occult types on the way. I mean for a while there weren't any new occult types in Sims 3 after Late Night introduced vampires, next one was Showtime with the genies. The same may be true for Sims 4 Uni, it's probably coming down the pipes.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Fiona honestly I haven't played TS4 so the uni thing was a massive guess. I'll fix that up now :lol: But it's a Boolprop challenge and it's all about involving the members so I'm glad you guys are being so helpful you're really helping make an awesome challenge :fluffy:

Ani-Mei I'm gonna add those mini-challenges in now, they sound awesome. I'm pumped to read your Monster Mash :mrgreen: If anyone else has any other suggestions I'm all ears :thup:
call me Thai!
they/them
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm adding this to the challenge for Silver Bend for sure :D.

This may be a stupid question, but is there a Halloweenish time limit on this or is it going to be like OWBC and EPIC?

I don't want to miss my chance for a medal lol, but I can't do Simnawrimo and this too.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

It's going to be like the OWBC and the EPIC, it was just released this Halloween but the medal can be achieved any time after now :drinks:
call me Thai!
they/them
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

The perk of being the guinea pig is being the first one to officially complete the challenge. ;)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I think I'll need five generations to complete this in Sims 3, if I get lucky enough to score two occults per generation. I have another chapter ready to write up but it's 3 am and my butt is asleep so I think it will be tomorrow.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

TS3 is definitely the hardest, due to the sheer amount of creatures you can get. I wish we had that many for TS2! :)
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Thaitanic wrote:Fiona honestly I haven't played TS4 so the uni thing was a massive guess. I'll fix that up now :lol:
It's no trouble :lol: like Ani-Mei said they will no doubt add it in soon enough with a whole range of supernatural sims :ghost:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I have a lot of questions!
(All questions/comments are from a TS2 perspective and in no particular order)
Spoiler:
1. Does the BS have to be related to the founder by blood? If yes, then the challenge can't be done in two generations with a female founder unless hacks are used (no alien until 3rd gen).

2. What's the stand on Same-Sex-Preg hacks and Triplets/Quads? Maybe there could be a Golden Trio Mini-Challenge, where all three are born aliens, one is the "true" black sheep and the other two have to gain (at least) one other life state (they may not collect the same life state). This could possibly implement other aspects of the original Golden Trio, such as skill requirements, but then the whole thing might become more of a Monster Trio challenge.

3. Any thoughts on hacks such as Pescado's Zombie Apocalypse, Attack of the Zombie/Zombie Disease by [Black_Spirit] and the various "Bite neck -> Hunger up" mods available (there are several at MTS)? For the former two mentioned, the BS would still need to become a zombie the traditional way.

4. The points section state +10 for each sibling of the BS, while the Heirs & Spares gives +10 for a spare. So if you use the mini-challenge and have an alien sibling for the BS, you just automatically get +20 points for them? If a "terrible accident" occurs, which I assume to be that the BS dies and can not immediately be resurrected, should the spare pick up the role or try to find ways to resurrect/zombify the BS (Genie, Witch, Paranormal career)?

5. If the BS dies a second time (i.e. dies while being a zombie) and is resurrected as a non-zombie, would you need to collect zombie as a state again?

6. Should there be any penalties for supernaturals dying unpurposely? By unpurposely I mean 1) you're not doing Graveyard Smash/you have already collected that type 2) the sim is not to be zombified or get the "saved from death" +8000 3) the death was not Old Age.

7. What about "Search for UFOs" (Science hobby) and "Summon Aliens" (FT Knowledge perk)? Point additions somewhere for not using them?

8. "+10 for all maxed skills": is the point addition for every time a skill is maxed, or for when all skills are maxed? Does this apply per sim or per skill?
Example: Martha and Goopy both max the cooking skill. Are the points awarded once or twice? Or does the +10 addition only come once a sim has maxed all skills, or once a combination of sims have managed to collectively max all of the skills (Martha has cooking and logic, Hortensia has mechanical etc.)?

9. House expansion: must one add another room upon collecting the life state or is it enough to theme an existing room (as long as you have the required number)?

10. Does a witch throne need to be crafted by the BS in order for it to be used, or any witch/warlock?

11. I suggest adding "summon Genie" to Strange Friends (and consequently adding "+30 for all three", just so whoever edits doesn't forget it).

12. "FAMILY": +25 for spouse and at least 3 children. If one of the children is the BS, then you get additional +20 in sibling points and +10 if one of the siblings is an alien. So for having a spouse and three children, two of which are alien (for example twins), you could get a total of +55 points. To me, that seems a bit too high (also considering the point additions for completing in 2 gens).

13. If the BS gathers 5 life states before or during Uni, would you still need to complete Uni to get Uni points?

14. I think Graveyard Smash should have some clarifications: what counts as a separate death type (OWBC states that lightning and repair are different, but repair TV and repair computer are the same) and how many are there? Also, because some could involve more work from the player's part than others (for example "Rally Forth"), I suggest giving a small point sum for each unique death instead of +20 for all (though first we should clarify how many there are).

15. General or Graveyard Smash: should graves/urns stay on the home lot? What about free roaming ghosts? If yes to both, would there be point additions?
Bonus comment (because it applies to all games): how about an ISBI mini-challenge (not that I dare attempt it)? After the black sheep reaches a) a controllable age (toddler/child) or b) an age where they can gather life states, s/he is the only sim you can control. Alternatively, only the founder and an heir producing the black sheep may be controlled.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”