12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE (TS2/3/4)

somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Re: 12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE

Post by somebodysangel »

Ah yes, the good old consignment flip. I don't think I've ever used that trick...might just try it in this one, given there aren't any points or anything. We've been mainly exploiting dumpsters and cutting gems to complement the one steady income. I'm doing a semi-wishacy style too, so waiting for Mrs Stay-at-Home to roll up a self-employment wish.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

somebodysangel wrote:Ah yes, the good old consignment flip. I don't think I've ever used that trick...might just try it in this one, given there aren't any points or anything. We've been mainly exploiting dumpsters and cutting gems to complement the one steady income. I'm doing a semi-wishacy style too, so waiting for Mrs Stay-at-Home to roll up a self-employment wish.
Lol, at least your little Miss isn't like mine who rolled an immediate wish to become a painter, but then the second her first child was born decided "eh, who needs to work? Let me quit!"
Not like she had earned any money from it, but still. :roll:
I've found the Elixir Consignment Store works best, but you have to have a chunk of change to begin with to really see any noticeable reward. Good luck, and if you try it, let me know how it turns out! I'm curious to see if you have luck with your first time (as I remember my first attempt flipping when I first heard of it left my Sims broke and unable to sell things, lol)!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Okay, well it's nearly 4 am but I've finished and written up my first update for this after having to restart because of failing to put them on a blank lot. >_<

Thread Link
Direct LJ Link
somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Livvielove wrote:Lol, at least your little Miss isn't like mine who rolled an immediate wish to become a painter, but then the second her first child was born decided "eh, who needs to work? Let me quit!"
Not like she had earned any money from it, but still. :roll:
I've found the Elixir Consignment Store works best, but you have to have a chunk of change to begin with to really see any noticeable reward. Good luck, and if you try it, let me know how it turns out! I'm curious to see if you have luck with your first time (as I remember my first attempt flipping when I first heard of it left my Sims broke and unable to sell things, lol)!
She has now decided to be a sculptor...but has rolled only one sculpting wish since then. Family Oriented trait is so strong with this one.
I will have to save up some money before we can do a full flip; we semi-tried with the normal consignment, but could only afford a couple of paintings, which earned us about $300 total. Have just found a moonstone, so that should net us a bit.
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I am STRUGGLING to decide who to use to do this challenge.
My town has been set up for two days ready for this, but Im just sitting here and really can not decide which sims to use :fisty:

I am sick of Red and she has just done a baby challenge .. BUT ...
this is my chance to do something I have always wanted to do ... put my two baby machines together (Red and Cello) sit back and watch the baby boom ... literally :rotfl:

Use Forrest and Caramel to try and get my Forrest obsession out of my system ... BUT ... I plan to do a Perfect Genetics challenge with him because I LOVE his genetics

I have tonnes of couples I could use ... and I don't really feel like making a new CAS couple because I have too many sims already clogging up my bin and library :roll:
:banghead:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

itsjulie wrote:I am STRUGGLING to decide who to use to do this challenge.
I have tonnes of couples I could use ... and I don't really feel like making a new CAS couple because I have too many sims already clogging up my bin and library :roll:
:banghead:
I felt the same way, Julie! Eventually I decided on a born-in-game sim that I love, and a child from my WYDC - two sims that hadn't seen much game play. Maybe go with two you haven't played much with?
CHBlossomProduction
Origin ID: Chosomoko

Post Counts

Post by CHBlossomProduction »

I am productive.... and perhaps only a little crazy, but I decided to do this Baby Boom Challenge too! :))

Anyhow, here's the first update, with some familiar faces for those that have read... some of my work... hehe...

Update 1

I hope you enjoy reading this, mostly because I'm not really writing the usual style I write in. But I had fun anyhow!
The Insanity arise... with a bit of the ABC's on the side and som Baby Boomers!
The Lockwood Chronicle - The Insanity arise!
The Ragsdale Alphabetcy!
The Baby Boomer Challenge + other things!
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

This sounds interesting! I really want to try but my game is terrible for spitting out boys so I know I'd frustrate myself to no end.

I wanted to ask, will this medal be available forever? I might try but I want to finish my legacy first.
EDIT When is the official deadline for the birthday period? The 24th?
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I have another update. I'm officially over the Sims 4 without mods.

Two
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I'm so excited to see everyone taking a crack at this challenge. I, too, have update two up and around!
I'm officially 1/12 | 1/12 on boys and girls! I'm super excited! I may start a boolprop thread for it. :hmm:

@Somebodysangel - Adilyn is the SAME! That family oriented trait OWNS her, meanwhile Liam ALSO has that trait but it doesn't seem to have the same pull. During Adilyn's pregnancy Liam didn't even wish to have a baby with her... it was strange! :hmm: Meanwhile I intended Adilyn to be a painter and she's only wished twice to paint something. :roll: The rest of the time it's just cleaning and BABIES.

@ItsJulie - It took me FOREVER as well. I have a lot of story characters but I don't often like mixing them into challenges... so that left my selection pool to be a little small. I'm super happy with who I ended up with though. While I'm all for Red, it may be time to give someone else a chance to baby BOOM ;)
Besides, you can always do the challenge again with Red later!

@Jenn, I totally feel you on no mods. That's always the WORST when it comes to updates.

My internet is being so spotty here at work! :fisty: I can't wait to read everyone's Baby Booms when I get home! :hearts:
somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

First post is now up!

I'm loving all the discussion in this thread, sharing ideas and issues. Can't wait to see everyone's chapters.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Ooh, I'm off to read it now!

Three

Next one is up. At this rate, Bethany is barely alive and Diego is SuperDad. Both aspirations are now complete though.

I am wondering if we can have age ups for certain milestones? At this rate, I'll still have these same kids in the house next summer.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Oh I had a quick question kind of along Jenn's thought - can we cake up the *day* of their birthday? I don't like waiting and sometimes the birthdays get bugged. I'm on a very mathematical schedule for the pregnancies and this would help me immensely to keep track of things. :heart:
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I wanna play...going to make my happy parents now!
Mpart

Post Counts

Post by Mpart »

ImageImage
"I saved their asses from a dragon, but nooo, the bucket was over the line."
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

@ Fiona:

There is no deadline in which to finish this challenge, the medal will still be available after the 24th to be won. Like the Monster Mash challenge, it's an ongoing event with no deadline.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

somebodysangel wrote:First post is now up!

I'm loving all the discussion in this thread, sharing ideas and issues. Can't wait to see everyone's chapters.
Great start! Barristan is adorable. I love Cristina. She hooked up with Puff Derpington on my save. It amuses me that she now has a sister named Christine
Mpart wrote:I'm so excited about this challenge!

The Cinb Baby Boomer Challenge - Chapter 1 - I Am Not a Productive Writer
I like your couple and congrats on the twins!
Mpart

Post Counts

Post by Mpart »

Thank you Jenn! They are adorable and I was really happy to get the twins on the first try. ^^
ImageImage
"I saved their asses from a dragon, but nooo, the bucket was over the line."
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Okay, I got my blog for this all set up: Multiplying Murdles I've played some and am typing up the official update next. I included links to everyone else's Baby Booms if they've posted them here...if anyone doesn't want it linked, let me know and I'll take it down. :) I mainly put it there for my own ease of finding when I've got time to be doing the catchup on reading. :)
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Ani-Mei wrote:@ Fiona:

There is no deadline in which to finish this challenge, the medal will still be available after the 24th to be won. Like the Monster Mash challenge, it's an ongoing event with no deadline.
Brilliant thank you! I love playing for medals and I really want to give this a go :sly:

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”