12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE (TS2/3/4)

snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Re: 12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE

Post by snazzle »

Okay, official Update #1
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

The Nardone Family - Boolprop 12th Birthday Baby Boom Challenge

1. Moving In
2. Good Start / Lucky Day
3. Married & Expecting Baby #1
4. Baby #1 is a...
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@Snazzle I saw that last night, Alisa is gorgeous!

Yes! I love it Candiedgala - I saw it on Tumblr earlier! :yes:

You know guys, I don't often play with werewolves but I decided "why not" for this challenge and I'm so not disappointed:
Spoiler:
It just made my day, so I thought I'd share it here. :thup: Keep going with your challenges! We can beat this!
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

I'm so tickled that you saw it, Livvielove! The howling baby is awesome.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I decided to start this now (for the points!) so let me introduce you to John & Nancy Boomer

I'm going to have a main thread as well - would people put this in the Other Challenges section? I feel like it's quite close to a WYD and 100 baby challenge in that its about all them babies but I'm not sure? (It's going in Other Challenges for now anyway)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@CynicalBadger I put mine in the "Other" challenges of the Sims 3 board, so that sounds about right! I can't wait to check it out! :thup:

As for me, I've got two updates from a long play session I did last night!

03 - A Proper Full Moon Schedule
04 - Then There Were Five
The family is growing on me so much! :heart:
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Second update up now! Like some others, I now have a thread in the Other Challenges second as well.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I'm starting a Sims 3 version. Sims 4 is just not doing so well after the expansion. I'm going to wait a month or so and then I'll complete it. Right now, I'm doing a CC removal for the error, but I have 10,000 (probably not really) pieces to go through.

This will be going at the same place as the other, so I might make a forum post about it eventually.

I am almost current on everyone's challenges. I see some came through overnight and I need to go get to them. I love them all and it's really fun to see how it goes.

Sims 3 Edition: Chapter 1
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I just saw this! I'll have to start this this weekend!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

It's an ugly rainy day, so more sims!

Chapter 2
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Yay! More updates!

Also, I have my game up and Liam is being rushed outside to look at those "strange lights..." based off the rules I'm guessing that alien children are not counted for the final 24?
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Nope, they have to belong to both parents. He can't get pregnant anyway, occults cannot get alien pregnant.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Oh phew! Lucky day for me!

Well far from lucky actually. I got hit with an age bug where my tots wouldn't age up. I reset them and they became face 1! Ick!
I reloaded and the game forgot that it was a full moon so now I'm going back to an even OLDER save to see if I can figure out where things went awry.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Second update!
Spoiler:
I've had two girls! I know the split was never going to be even throughout (I'd be incredibly lucky to have a boy, girl, boy, girl birthing sequence) but I'm a tiny bit anxious in case my game only spits out girls :lol:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@CynicalBadger
I've been a bit more even with boy/girl ratio, but right now I'm still leaning on boys. It's a bit scary leaving it up to chance!

For those who are Sims 3 Players:
Oh and by the way, I had to do some digging around today. I've had some issues with my file and I'm a huge modder - I LOVE my mods. So the first issue I ran into was my first set of twins didn't want to age up from toddler to child. Cheats nor cake would do it for them, so I tried resetting one of them and it made them face 1 (bleck!). I instantly backed out of my save without saving to go back to my last recent save. Doing that ended up whacking out my lunar cycle (which ticked me off beyond measure and I wasn't satisfied with that).
I repaired my game using origin, fussed around some more and found some helpful tips!
My Sims 3 folder was filling up with error logs because of those STUPID imaginary friends :fisty: I cannot stand them, so I've found a way to turn them off using NRAAS (mods I definitely already had. I found the safe way to delete all of them (without leaving a corruptive residue in their wake) as well as prevent any more from being sent. The tips I found here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Imaginary+Friend
The first thing you do is use Master Controller at the City Hall to "delete all" of them, as the instructions on that page say... then you'll need NRAAS Returner to ensure they don't come back!

Also, if your sims are having trouble aging up like mine did - don't use an NRAAS reset unless you absolutely have to and use CAS to save them to the sim-bin first, as the reset on an age-stuck sim will revert their genes to Face 1 (PUDDING FACE). Some things you can do instead to help with age-stuckness: use the cheat-version "resetsim" to see if that helps, but change their clothes first! Take of any CC hair/clothing you may have and that is a lot of times what is causing it.

Anywho, long-winded rant... maybe I can save a file or two with it! I'm too stubborn to let these little bugs scare me away!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Livvielove wrote:My Sims 3 folder was filling up with error logs because of those STUPID imaginary friends :fisty: I cannot stand them, so I've found a way to turn them off using NRAAS (mods I definitely already had. I found the safe way to delete all of them (without leaving a corruptive residue in their wake) as well as prevent any more from being sent. The tips I found here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Imaginary+Friend
The first thing you do is use Master Controller at the City Hall to "delete all" of them, as the instructions on that page say... then you'll need NRAAS Returner to ensure they don't come back!
OMG, THANKYOU! I have so many errors with IFs - not in this file yet, but in old legacy files. Will definitely try this to fix them!
Also, if your sims are having trouble aging up like mine did - don't use an NRAAS reset unless you absolutely have to and use CAS to save them to the sim-bin first, as the reset on an age-stuck sim will revert their genes to Face 1 (PUDDING FACE). Some things you can do instead to help with age-stuckness: use the cheat-version "resetsim" to see if that helps, but change their clothes first! Take of any CC hair/clothing you may have and that is a lot of times what is causing it.
I have had this issue previously! It's why I'm so compulsive about saving my sims to the simbin every time they age up. Haven't found a concrete solution for why it happens, but you're right about broken CC. Often it's children's clothes enabled for maternity or older ages which confuses the game.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I haven't had an issue with the IF dolls YET...two of the three kids in my BB challenge have them now, so far the third has escaped getting one. I saved the link just in case.
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

I WILL be participating, still debating on which couple to use. Hopefully I'll be able to decide and post before the 24th >.<
Also, in Sims 3, while the LTW to encourage multiple isn't allowed, what about Kidz music or the Kidz channel?
Having a second challenge to work on might be a good thing for when I'm bleh about my Alphabetcy. However, both will most likely be completed after my university lolz.
ImageImageImage
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

@Vouguishstorm:

I have seen the other Sims 3 players using the Kids music and channel to get multiples and so far it hasn't been outlawed by the rules. But they are still in flux right now so I would say get it while the getting is good.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I hear the rules will get looked at after the November celebrations are over. I have been listening to kids music/tv and it will certainly be interesting to see what happens in that regard in the future. It sure would make the challenge more difficult, as I don't think I have had natural twin/triplets without "help" before.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”