Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Summer Fete ... (Challenge) ... Kissing Booth

Post by Salem »

Teresa wrote:I wanted to clarify something about the careers. We only get the points if the sim is at level 10 (top) of their career. Since most of the premade sims aren't maxed out but a couple are at level 9 (Sims 4), can we add sims from the gallery that have reached the top of their careers in order to have options for the career kisses? I have never had any luck getting unplayed sims to earn promotions, so am looking for a way to get to count the careers. Unless I am missing something?
In my experience, you can find townies (not premades, townies generated by the game) who are randomly asigned to the top of a career :wink: In my drifter challenge I've found a Charity Icon and a Triple Agent and I've heard about other simmers finding equaly good positions

I just noticed I totally forgot to leave a link to Jace's challenge, you can find it HERE just a chapter in because I got really into my Name game, but I'm planning on getting back to that save inthe next couple of days.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Well that is good to hear. So far all Sims created by my game have been unemployed. Except for the premade EA Sims who never get promoted. It has always seemed like they didn't get a career unless my active sim needed a coworker or boss and then it is only a level above and only for that career. I will see how it works out when I start the challenge. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Yeah, I think the game takes a couple of days to give townies jobs. What I do when I'm looking for Sims with good jobs is have my sim introduce themselves to as many people possible and ask them for their career, and then in the following days I go through my sims' relationship panel to check if some of the 'unnemployed' got a job lately, they game keeps it updated automatically but only if you ask them for their career!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Ahh, I will try that, Normally I don't wait that long so haven't noticed it updating. Hopefully they also get promotions too?
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

That's something I haven't seen happen, usually my townies stay on the same position once they're asigned a job, but I may haven't paid enough attention xP
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah that has been my experience, which is why I was wondering how to get the career points since they have to be level 10. So it will just be luck for those.
llamazing

Re: The Sweet Lips Challenge

Post by llamazing »

Do the career sims have to be at the top of their career or is that just for bonus points? Because I'm pretty sure my townies never get there.

Drama Club (TS4) isn't available to adults, it's an after-school activity.

If you're wondering (like I was) what a Weirdo and Veteran Hermit are, it turns out they're hidden traits some NPCs have. The Weirdo sims are the guys who wear wrestling masks around San Myshuno. I think the only Veteran Hermit is George Cahill in Strangerville.

Finally, I don't know if you can still romance the Grim Reaper in TS4. I know it used to be possible, but I had a Sim try earlier this year (I wanted some Reaper Babies) and it didn't work. I read at the time that they'd patched it.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I have a few questions/clarifications for this. Most are TS3 related. With my current computer unable to play most things, I wanted to try a challenge that was fairly minimal in terms of adding stress to the game. I know that this challenge is in need of some clarification if previous responses to questions are any indication. But I have a few new questions. Most of them are just little gaps in the rules that I'm wondering about how ethically gray it would be to slide through said gaps.

1) There doesn't seem to be any rules about life-extending elixirs or potions. As far as I can see, all I can tell is that it is limited to a single lifetime and that there are to be no extend lifespan occults. The assumption I have is that they aren't allowed, but with TS3 there are different ways to extend a life. Things like ambrosia, fountain of youth elixir, young again, and age freeze seem a no brainer to be disallowed. However, what about life fruit? In its raw state, it grants an extra day. Theoretically, a sim could bulk on life fruit and extend their life for quite a while allowing for extra kisses.

2) On the topic of elixirs, what about the friendship elixir? The rule states no love spell for TS3, which makes sense since it grants an almost immediate kiss. However, the potent friendship elixir puts you at about the same level without the romantic interest status. So you still have to do some interaction between the sims to get to a kiss. And what about the regular friendship elixir? It barely grants enough friendship to become actual friends. Would using one on a sim then spamming interactions be that big of deal?

3)The rules about jobs and university are a bit unclear. For TS3, sims can attend college at any time after turning into young adults. And while they can go straight to college if they buy a cheap lot or empty lot, it might be a problem if the lot they buy is on the more expensive. Also, are sims limited to one career until they top the one they're in? Also, if a sim does not aspire to reach the top of a career, are they unallowed to go into any career or are they then able to do whatever they want?

4) Another university-related question. Shouldn't kissing a sim from each social group count for points? If this challenge is similar in a way to a WYDC in terms of "collecting sims", it seems like a low point goal as well.

I know that I ask a lot of questions and some might be fairly obvious, but I will exploit loopholes for all they're worth. But I don't want to be seen as a cheater for exploiting them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Just yesterday I was wondering where did this thread had gone lol! I like the new name of the challenge, gotta remember to change it in my links!

Anyways, while I can't say anything official or talk about sims 3 because I've never played it, I can try to help with some questions for what I've been doing with this challenge ;)
llamazing wrote:Do the career sims have to be at the top of their career or is that just for bonus points? Because I'm pretty sure my townies never get there.

Drama Club (TS4) isn't available to adults, it's an after-school activity.

If you're wondering (like I was) what a Weirdo and Veteran Hermit are, it turns out they're hidden traits some NPCs have. The Weirdo sims are the guys who wear wrestling masks around San Myshuno. I think the only Veteran Hermit is George Cahill in Strangerville.

Finally, I don't know if you can still romance the Grim Reaper in TS4. I know it used to be possible, but I had a Sim try earlier this year (I wanted some Reaper Babies) and it didn't work. I read at the time that they'd patched it.
Townies ocassionally end up randomly asignated to level 10 careers! It doesn't happen too often because there are many options while randomly getting them jobs, but it does happen! Also, thanks for the info about the weirdo and veteran hermit! not sure if the hidden titles also count for this challenge, but it's good info to have!
And about Grim, I had a friend confirm to me that you can't have a relationship with him, but she said she doesn't remember if you can at least kiss him. So far my sim Jace had been trying and even with half the romance bar full the First kiss option is not there so yeah, he may be off-limits. I'm gonna keep trying out of curiosity though!
Jesslb429 wrote:I have a few questions/clarifications for this. Most are TS3 related. With my current computer unable to play most things, I wanted to try a challenge that was fairly minimal in terms of adding stress to the game. I know that this challenge is in need of some clarification if previous responses to questions are any indication. But I have a few new questions. Most of them are just little gaps in the rules that I'm wondering about how ethically gray it would be to slide through said gaps.

1) There doesn't seem to be any rules about life-extending elixirs or potions. As far as I can see, all I can tell is that it is limited to a single lifetime and that there are to be no extend lifespan occults. The assumption I have is that they aren't allowed, but with TS3 there are different ways to extend a life. Things like ambrosia, fountain of youth elixir, young again, and age freeze seem a no brainer to be disallowed. However, what about life fruit? In its raw state, it grants an extra day. Theoretically, a sim could bulk on life fruit and extend their life for quite a while allowing for extra kisses.

2) On the topic of elixirs, what about the friendship elixir? The rule states no love spell for TS3, which makes sense since it grants an almost immediate kiss. However, the potent friendship elixir puts you at about the same level without the romantic interest status. So you still have to do some interaction between the sims to get to a kiss. And what about the regular friendship elixir? It barely grants enough friendship to become actual friends. Would using one on a sim then spamming interactions be that big of deal?

3)The rules about jobs and university are a bit unclear. For TS3, sims can attend college at any time after turning into young adults. And while they can go straight to college if they buy a cheap lot or empty lot, it might be a problem if the lot they buy is on the more expensive. Also, are sims limited to one career until they top the one they're in? Also, if a sim does not aspire to reach the top of a career, are they unallowed to go into any career or are they then able to do whatever they want?

4) Another university-related question. Shouldn't kissing a sim from each social group count for points? If this challenge is similar in a way to a WYDC in terms of "collecting sims", it seems like a low point goal as well.

I know that I ask a lot of questions and some might be fairly obvious, but I will exploit loopholes for all they're worth. But I don't want to be seen as a cheater for exploiting them.
While I can't be much help with your questions, I can say that I had assumed the life-extending objects are out of the question for the challenge, but we'll need an official answer to that.
About the career, I think part of the rules is that the sim has to try top reach the top of a career, so you can chose whatever you want to top, but must top one or take the point loss. I don't see anything wrong with going throught multiple careers, my own sim started as a detective and then turned into an actor to max the npcs he could meet.

I think that's everything I can say about this xD I hope an admin can help get more official answers!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

So I'm not involved in the planning of this challenge, but I have made a few quick updates to the TS4 lists to add the new occult types (mermaid & spellcaster), and removed the scouting/drama after school activities since they're limited to teens & under.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

If anyone read my Sweet Lips challenge for the sims 2 there is quite a few npc sims that you can't kiss, Grim Reaper, therapist and Santa Clause to name a few. From the top of my head but I will look again at my own challenge and get the list.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

peachy123uk wrote:If anyone read my Sweet Lips challenge for the sims 2 there is quite a few npc sims that you can't kiss, Grim Reaper, therapist and Santa Clause to name a few. From the top of my head but I will look again at my own challenge and get the list.
Thanks for sharing! I'll remove them from the list, let me know if you catch any others. :) I think you can kiss the Father Winter npc, though? I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that he was found of the mistletoe kiss interaction, but it's possible that was a bit of misinformation. :lol:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I didn't try that with Father Christmas and mistletoe is that for sims 2 (not sure if I have the mistletoe in my game will have another look). I did write a list about the other npc that you can't kiss without a mod. I lost my list. :) Ok can't kiss Ninja, local chefs (vacation) tour guides, break/fire dancer, Wise old Man, Witch doctor. repo man, Mrs Crumblebotton, Charlatan, and the Bell Hop.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

peachy123uk wrote:I didn't try that with Father Christmas and mistletoe is that for sims 2 (not sure if I have the mistletoe in my game will have another look). I did write a list about the other npc that you can't kiss without a mod. I lost my list. :) Ok can't kiss Ninja, local chefs (vacation) tour guides, break/fire dancer, Wise old Man, Witch doctor. repo man, Mrs Crumblebotton, Charlatan, and the Bell Hop.
Sorry that was my bad, I absolutely misread your post and thought you were talking about TS4. :lol: I'll be sure to remove those guys + father winter from the list for TS2! I've also removed the genie, because as far as I can remember, you also can't kiss him in TS2.

Do you know if you can kiss bigfoot? I don't remember being able to romance them in any way, but I haven't played in a few years.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Yes you can kiss bigfoot
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I was doing the scavenger hunt and I did manage to kiss Father Christmas (ts2) under the mistletoe so keep him in the ts2 list (just remembered that now) :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am back with a question regarding the career sims. For Sims 2 and Sims 3, it looks like they don't have to be at the top of the career, and each position in the career counts unique. Would that be the same for Sims 4, which doesn't say that each position within a career counts.

Within most careers there are 10 different job positions which all count.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Teresa wrote:I am back with a question regarding the career sims. For Sims 2 and Sims 3, it looks like they don't have to be at the top of the career, and each position in the career counts unique. Would that be the same for Sims 4, which doesn't say that each position within a career counts.

Within most careers there are 10 different job positions which all count.
Yes Teresa, they all count! :D
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Woo. I would love to have this done and posted by Valentine's Day, but I really want to finish my EPIC first.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

and I am finally getting this played...