Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Dear Diary Challenge.

Post by itsjulie »

DEAR DIARY .....

Today I started a new Boolprop Sims challenge.

ImageImage

You have bounced around, between Foster Care and Children's homes, for the whole of your life.
You never knew your parents, as they abandoned you at birth, and you have never known why.
Your most treasured possession is a teddy bear that you have had and kept since you was a baby.
Becoming an adult you are thrown out into the world, with a small amount of money, to fend for yourself.
On coming of age, you inherit a book, which was left to you by your Mother.
A diary that she kept updated since she was a child, up until the day she gave you up.
Her diary answered a lot of the questions that have troubled you all your life.

After reading your Mother's Diary, you feel inspired to start writing a diary of your own, to pass onto your children.
This starts a "family tradition" that is passed down the generation along with The Teddy Bear and The Dairy book.

ImageImage
Set Up

- Create a young adult male or female sim in CAS, or use a fresh copy of an existing sim - they must have no skills!!
- Put them onto any lot, any size in any world. Build them a home with their starting cash.
- On entering the lot, a Teddy Bear and Book must be added to your sims inventory. Both the Book and Teddy bear must be kept and passed on to each future generation.

Your Goals

Your Challenge ....

- Keep a Sim' Diary ... Your challenge updates should be written up in diary format.

The Game Challenge .....

- As a Family (Generation Heirs only) ... Write a set amount of (diaries) Books, in as few generations as possible. It is advisable to number the books, rather than name them, to help you keep count.
---SIMS 2 = 100 books
---SIMS 3 = 150 books
---SIMS 4 = 200 books
- Each generation heir must hold down outside employment as well as writing Diaries (books).
- Each generation should take a different career path (no repeating jobs and careers)
- TS3 / TS4 ...Each generation heir must Max the Writing & Logic skill. TS2 ... max Creativity & Logic skills.
- If the heir has a spouse living with them, the spouse must stay at home to raise the children.
- The spouse must remain unemployed, but can contribute to the family fund by writing/painting/fishing/collecting etc)
- Each generation heir must achieve their Lifetime wish / Aspirations.
- The family home must have a library. One room of wall to wall bookcases where all of the family diaries (books) are kept.
- The library door is to be kept locked and the room only accessed by the current generation heir.
- A portrait or photograph of every generation heir must be hung on the library walls.

- Keep The Diary book until the end of the challenge.
- Keep The Teddy Bear until the end of the challenge.

Rules

- No cheating
- No mods, only to fix glitches and bad game behaviour!
- This challenge is to be played on a normal lifespan.
- Life extenders (including supernatural occults) can be used, but only by the generation heir.
- The number of children born in each generation, increases by one for each new generation. (Generation 1 = 1 child - Gen 2 = 2 children - Gen 3 = 3 children ect)
- A naming theme is to be followed = D E A R D I A R Y. (Gen 1 = D - Gen 2 = E - Gen 3 = A ect)
- No actively avoiding or putting off having children to get a mass of books produced!!!
- All traits are to be randomly rolled.
- The last countable child of each generation becomes the next generation heir.
- Each countable child must reach Young Adult age. (Adult for TS2 players without Uni)
- All of the spare children must be kicked out of the family home when they become young adults.
- If any of the countable children die before reaching young adult, they have to be replaced.
- Multiple births are countable - but they will lose you points!!
- The current generation finishes and the new generation starts the minute your next gen heir (the last countable child) becomes a young adult.
- On becoming a young adult, the new heir should be given The Teddy Bear and The Diary book
- The new heir must evict all family members from the family home on day one of their reign.
- Any Adopted / plant / Alien / cloned children born into the household are not countable children.
- Your heir can only start writing books when they become an adult, not before!!
- No birthday cakes or early aging, that includes babies!!
- Toddlers must be taught their skills. (TS2/TS3)
- Toddlers must reach at least level 3 in all skills (TS4)
- No boarding school.
- Baby sitters can only be used when your heir is out at work.
- Your heir can attend university, but only at the beginning of their reign. Before they start employment, or have any children.

- If any heir dies at any time, during their reign = Challenge failed and over!

Books written
--- SIMS 2 = + 4 each
--- SIMS 3 = + 3 each
--- SIMS 4 = + 2 each
The target amount of books achieved (TS2 = 100 /TS3=150/ TS4=200) + 50
Completed the target amount of books in 4 or less generation + 50
Achieving Lifetime Wish/Aspirations + 10 (Sims 4 only get the points for one Aspiration)
For each skill your heir Max's + 10 each
For sticking to the diary format updates + 20
For every $50,000 in your family fund at the end of the challenge +20

Target amount of books not achieved - 50
An heir not achieving Lifetime Wish/Aspirations - 10
An heir not maxing the Writing/Creativity skill - 10
An heir not maxing the Logic skill - 10
Multiple births - (twins -10) (triplets - 20) (Quads -30)
The death of a countable child - 10
Missing any heirs portrait/pictures - 10 each
For not sticking to the diary format updates - 20
The Teddy Bear is lost - 50
The Diary book is lost - 50
After four generations - 10 for each additional generation thereafter.

ImageImage

Created by Julie and Blams.

ImageImage
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Christmas 2019 ... Christmas Challenge ... Dear Diary

Post by Ani-Mei »

So is this a nine generation including founder challenge, or an eight gen challenge not including founder? I assume the number of letters in DEAR DIARY are the generations right? Writing books in Sims 3...they take a while so I'll probably lose most of that (knowing my luck) because 150 is a lot to do for it...but if they're short non-fiction books then MAYBE I'll be able to squeak out a win. Now is it 150 books PER generation, or in TOTAL over 9 gens? Once NaNo is done I'll probably get back into playing, after I get some chapters up for the ones I already have going on of course...
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

This version of the Dear Diary challenge is not a 9 generation challenge.
The challenge takes as long as it takes you to hit your book target.
If you do take more than 9 generations you will have to start over with the DEAR DIARY naming theme.

As a family - It is 150 in total - you start with generation 1 then have each generation heir writing books until you have reached your 150 (TS2)
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by CeresIn »

One question about learning the writing skill en the sims 3.
The challenge says that the heir can't write books until aging to young adult but can they read the toddlers skill books, take classes and practice writing? Or they can't touch the skill until the heir takes the post?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Oh, okay. I could theoretically do this is like three generations then as long as I get 150 books (TS3) so like 50 books per gen for instance. Still a lot but doable. Yeah, so I'll aim for three generations and use three letters in each. I can math. :P
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I’m really excited to give this a try as it’s given me some inspiration for writing again!

One question, when it says the heir can only start writing as an adult, does that mean the young adult stage for ts3 and ts4 or the actual adult stage?
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hmm, sounds intriguing. So theoretically, the founder could keep taking life extenders or become an immortal supernatural and bang out all the books? :hmm: Or are multiple generations required?
SarahSims
Origin ID: SarahSimsPage
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by SarahSims »

katrisims wrote:Hmm, sounds intriguing. So theoretically, the founder could keep taking life extenders or become an immortal supernatural and bang out all the books? :hmm: Or are multiple generations required?
I think what's preventing you from doing this is the fact that each generation has to have children that reach adulthood and the last child has to take over, kicking out all other members of the household. Although maybe if my founder never ages up they never have to have children at all? In any case, there would be no penalty as long as it takes you four generations or less.
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

CeresIn wrote:One question about learning the writing skill en the sims 3.
The challenge says that the heir can't write books until aging to young adult but can they read the toddlers skill books, take classes and practice writing? Or they can't touch the skill until the heir takes the post?
the heir can do all those things just not start writing books until they become an adult.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

108sims wrote:I’m really excited to give this a try as it’s given me some inspiration for writing again!

One question, when it says the heir can only start writing as an adult, does that mean the young adult stage for ts3 and ts4 or the actual adult stage?
yeah for TS£ it is young adult and adult for TS4.
as soon as they age up from being a teenager - then they can start writing.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

SarahSims wrote:I think what's preventing you from doing this is the fact that each generation has to have children that reach adulthood and the last child has to take over, kicking out all other members of the household. Although maybe if my founder never ages up they never have to have children at all? In any case, there would be no penalty as long as it takes you four generations or less.
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering, does the founder have to have kids, if they don't age and do the whole book thing themselves? (I'm thinking about potential side challenges for my BaCC, and if the founder doesn't have to breed, it might work for a sim who doesn't particularly want kids.)
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

katrisims wrote:Hmm, sounds intriguing. So theoretically, the founder could keep taking life extenders or become an immortal supernatural and bang out all the books? :hmm: Or are multiple generations required?
yeah they could as long as they dont have children ... because as soon as their last countable child becomes a young adult - their generation stops instantly.
that i a loop hole i have been thinking about - and i was thinking of adding a rule, and now you have pointed it out I think I need to :lol:

New rule ... No avoiding or putting off having children!!!
:nono: we will be watching :shiftyeyes:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

:lol: "But my founder is too busy writing, they couldn't possibly have had children yet!"
Kwolf
Steam ID: Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

itsjulie wrote:
108sims wrote:I’m really excited to give this a try as it’s given me some inspiration for writing again!

So as soon as they are no longer teens, they can start writing books? Except for TS4 where I have to wait through they YA life until they age to Adult, then they can write? I'm a little confused.
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by CeresIn »

Kwolf wrote:
itsjulie wrote:

So as soon as they are no longer teens, they can start writing books? Except for TS4 where I have to wait through they YA life until they age to Adult, then they can write? I'm a little confused.
What I interpret is young adult for TS3 y TS4 and adult for TS2. I think this is because TS2 only have young adult if they go to university.
Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

Ok thanks! I like that. :bounce:
Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

My first Diary entry!

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

I have a quick question about the challenge. Does my sim need to keep all the books she wrote in her inventory or can she publish them for the royalty money?
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

She needs to keep them all! In a bookcase, or her inventory, or in a storage of some kind in your game. They just need to be there physically. So if you can publish them and buy them, that's fine.
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”