Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

15th Birthday Party ... The Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge

Post by itsjulie »

THE GREAT BOOLPR0P OLYMPIC CHALLENGE

To Celebrate Boolprop's 15th Birthday, we have a new challenge for you!!

The race is on in The Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge!!
Will you reach the finish line , or will you fall at one of the hurdles along the way??

Race you say??
Well, not exactly, you set the pace of your own challenge ... your target is to reach the finish line.

First hurdle is 25
Second hurdle is 50
Third hurdle is 75
The finish line 100.

You have to hit 25 - 50 - 75 or 100 ... and we are not talking meters, we are talking "activites" that you can do in your game 25 - 50 - 75 or 100 times.

By reaching the finish line you have basically completed a 100 challenge. You do something in your game 100 times to complete the challenge.
And why is this challenge Great .... The activity that you do 100 times is entirely up to you!!! Plus this challenge can be played over and over with an endless possibility of different activities!!

Eek!! A 100 challenge, I can hear you squealing from here, because you are automatically thinking of a 100 baby challenge ... but it doesn't have to be that hard!!
There are a lot of things that can be done 100 time in every version of the sims game - some of them will take no time at all.

You think you are going to fail!!! Well you can't, unless you give up before you have even hit the first hurdle (25)
How hard is it to get your sim to do something 25 times???!!!

With every Olympic challenge that you do, you can set out with the intention of reaching the finish line ...
However, if the trudge to 100 is too much, going to take longer or is harder than you thought, or you are just plain bored of the activity you have chosen,
then do not stress, because you haven't failed the challenge.

You can stop at the 25 - 50 or 75 hurdles and you have still "finished" the challenge successfully.
You also have the option of only aiming for one of the hurdles, (25 - 50 - 75) you don't always have to go for the finish line (100).

And of course with every Olympic Challenge there are medals to be earned!!
Six in total, so medal hoarders are going to love this one ... eventually!!! :lol:

Medals

Image Image Image Image

First Hurdle ...... 25 = Copper medal
Second Hurdle ... 50 = Bronze medal
Third Hurdle ..... 75 = Silver medal
Finish Line ......100 = Gold medal

Note - You will only receive ONE medal for each Olympic Challenge that you do.
for example - you get to the finish line doing a 100 painting challenges, to earn yourself a gold medal - however that is the only medal you will receive for this painting challenge.
You will not receive the medals for passing the 25 - 50 or 75 hurdles .... you have to earn them in a different challenge

To receive all four of the above medals you will have to do FOUR different Olympic Challenges
1 - You stop at the first hurdle (25) 2 - You stop at the second hurdle (50) 3 - You stop at the third hurdle (75) 4 - You cross the finish line (100)

For high achievers ....

Image Image

3 x gold medals = platinum medal
by crossing the finish line (100) in three different Olypmpic Challenges

10 X gold medals = gold cup
by crossing the finish line (100) in ten different Olympic Challenges

Here are examples of challenge "activities" that you can do ....

SIMS 2
Spoiler:
COLLECTING
Aspiration points:
to get:

money trees - noodle soothers - RenuYusenso orbs-weather machines-smart milk (bottles or machines)-cool shades-Kibble of life (pet food)-Energizer machines -thinking caps-sim Vac -love tubs (pink ones)-counterfeit machines-elixir of life - Career rewards - collect different kind of fish, wellington boots

CREATING AND MAKING

Painting- book- babies -Witches spells- ingredients-witches furnishing- photographs- plant babies -business-clothes, gardening - harvest - apples - etc

Hobbies: - fishing: Boots - largemouth bass - blue catfish - Jumbo largemouth bass - rainbow trout - jumbo blue catfish - jumbo rainbow trout - golden trout.

Sewing machine hobby: pot holders - curtains - teddy bears - quilts - custom outfits

Pottery wheel: plates - vases - clay Pitchers - clay pots - ginormous jugs

Robot station: toy robots - clean bots - hydro bots - sentry bots - munchie bots, servos,

toy station: sir-bricks-alot, fire trucks, clowns in a box, kites, twirl spin and wobble toy and Wet and Wild Water Wiggler

Flower station: Flowers, Daisy, Wildflower, tulip, rose, mixed flower and snapdragons.

ACTIVITIES
Read 100 Books - Write 100 books - catch a hundred fish - - cook 100 meals - eat 100 meals eat at the same restaurant 100 times - buy 100 outfits if you can afford it 100 skirts - top - dresses, trousers, coats, swimwear etc - adopt 100 pets or children - bred pets - money earned from an activity like busking - friends - enemies - lovers - even rooms in your house?

SIMS 3
Spoiler:

Collect

Gnomes - graves - teddy bears - books - bugs - fish - gem rocks - metal rocks - space rocks - butterflies - fireflies - insects -mushrooms - captive spirits - seashells - nanites - seeds - flowers - Skill Certificates - Graduation ribbons - elixir - potions - photographs - bottles of nector - bottle messages - lucky coins ... or any collectable items

Create and make

Babies - Paintings - Ice, wood, stone, metal or clay Sculptures - Potions - elixir - gem skulls, cut gems - time children - mermaid babies - hybrid babies - plant babies - Inventions - Bottles of Nector - trees or any growable item.

Activities

- Hours of strength or cardio exercise - Number of spars in martial arts - Number of chess matches (maybe chess matches won?) - Number of celestial bodies found with the telescope
Read 100 Books - Write 100 books - catch a hundred fish - objects repaired or upgraded - stolen items - dumpster dive items - eat 100 jelly beans - drink 100 potions - adopt 100 pets or children - bred pets - time children, grow 100 plant babies - cloning - money earned from an activity like busking (100,000) - killing off other sims - Vampire bites - Werewolf bites - Fairy pranks- friends - enemys - lovers - Woohoo - kiss 100 different sims - Room mates - skill levels - even rooms in your house!!!

The possibilities are endless!!

SIMS 4
Spoiler:

Collect
Gnomes - graves - insects - fish - crystals - metals - space rocks - seashells - ... or any collectable items

Create and make
Babies - Paintings - Woodworking items - Potions (Science, Spellcaster) - mermaid babies - vampire babies - alien babies - spellcaster babies - trees or any growable item - books - ... or any crafted or produced items

Activities
Read 100 Books - Write 100 books - catch 100 fish - upgrade 100 items - 100 stolen items - drink 100 potions - adopt 100 pets or children - breed 100 pets - clone 100 items - earn §100,000 from an activity like busking - killing off 100 other sims - 100 Vampire bites - 100 friends - 100 enemies - 100 lovers - Woohoo 100 times - kiss 100 different sims - learn 100 skill levels - ... or anything your sims can do 100 times

SET UP

- Start a new file in any world / neighbourhood of your choosing.
- Create a new male or female Young adult CAS sim, or use a fresh new copy of an existing sim. They must have NO SKILLS on starting the challenge.
- Occult sims are allowed
- Your sim has to "live a life" as well as doing the challenge, so choose your traits and LTW/Aspirations carefully. Pick traits that will help your sim complete their challenge a little more easily.
- Lifespan ... You can chose whatever lifespan you wish for this challenge - whatever fits the activity you have chosen.
- Move your sim onto any size empty lot. Build them a house using only the game starting money available to them. You can also move them into an existing empty house, but only one they can afford with what starting money they have.

RULES

- No money cheats.
- Mods can only be used to fix glitches and bad game behaviour!!
- Only ONE "activity" is countable in each Olympic Challenge that you do!!
- No switching "activity" part way through ... the activity you start with, you must stick with!
- Your competing sim has to "live a life" while doing this challenge. For example if they are doing a 100 painting challenge, they can not just stand there painting and doing nothing else.
- Your competing sim must get a job and try to reach the top of their chosen career.
- Your competing sim must raising a family.
- Your competing sim must achieving their Lifetime Wish / Aspirations ect.
- photographic evidence (preferably numbered) to prove the "activity" has been done
- Life extenders can be used - but it is not necessary, because your activity does not have to be completed in one generation.
- Only ONE sim is competing in each generation. ie - Your Spouse / Children / Siblings can not contribute to the "activity" total.
- If your starting sim does not achieve your goal -at any time during your sims elderly life only, they can pass the baton onto their eldest child.
- If your competing sim dies before passing on the baton to their eldest child .... challenge over!!! you are awarded the medal depending on the last hurdle you passed. (example - your sim unexpectantly dies after doing 60 of the activity and you didnt pass the baton onto the next generation ... you receive the 50 medal, because it is the last hurdle you passed)
- You can play as any occult you want, some challenges will require it.
Children
- Your sim must have at least one child, no matter what activity you have chosen.
- The traits of all children must be randomly rolled not chosen
- Each child must be raised to the best of your sims ability
- Toddler skills must be maxed
- No boarding school
- Must be blogged showing "activity" that you have chosen (added on the 17th Nov)

Plus

+ 25 Reaching the first hurdle (25)
+ 50 Reaching the second hurdle (50)
+ 75 Reaching the third hurdle (75)
+ 100 Reaching the finish line (100)
+ 30 Achieving your competing sim/s Lifetime Wish / Aspirations
+ 10 Your competing sim/s reaching the top of their Career
+ 10 For each child you successfully raise to young adult
+ 20 For each alien abduction that results in a pregnancy
+ 20 For completing the challenge in one generation
+ 10 For each skill your sims maxes
+ 15 For every $15,000 in your family fund at the end of the challenge
+ 15 Family Gallery - photos of all the family
+ 10 Story Share

Minus

- 25 You crash and burn before reaching the first hurdle (25)
- 10 For each child removed by social services
- 50 Your Challenge ends because of the death of your founder sim without passing on the baton to their child
- 30 For not completing your Lifetime Wish / Aspirations
- 10 dying before raising a child successfully to young adult
- 20 For taking more than 2 generations to complete the challenge
- 10 For every Repo man visit.
- 10 for each child that does not have maxed toddler skills when they age up

Birthday Bonuses

+ 15 for every birthday party (with cake) that you family throws
+ 10 for every child that has a randomly rolled Party Animal trait (sims 3/4)

Mini Challenges
Challenges that can be played along side your olympic activity challenge

+ 50 Raise 15 children to young adult, with the name theme - BOOLPROP FIFTEEN (Child 1 = B, child 2 = O ect)

Challenge created by Julie & Peachy with the help of Teresa

This is a new challenge, and as yet is untested - and like everything it can always be improved upon.
So if you have any suggestions for this challenge - please let us know.
ie - additions to the spoiler lists - birthday bonuses and mini challenges - anything that you feel needs adding, to make this a better Boolprop challenge!!!

Participating in at least 5 events will earn you the 15th Birthday medal Image
PM an active Moderator with links to your five posts to claim it!
Note ... The Arcade games only count as ONE of your five

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: 15th Birthday Party ... The Great Boolprop Olympic Chall

Post by CeresIn »

I love this types of challenges! I am already creating a new game for this. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Do the maxed skills of all the sims in the family count for the points? Eg the spouse/spare children. Or just that of the sims doing the challenges?
2. Changing life states is allowed? I'm thinking of starting with a genie and want the option of converting the spouse and if necessary the oldest child.
3. Do I have to do the hurdlers in order 25, 50, 75, 100? Or can I choose to start with any of them?

Edit:
4. Can I use buydebug cheat to buy skilling things that are only obtained traveling? I'm thinking of using nectars for one the hurdlers but I don't want to travel if I can avoid it.
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Some Sims 3 hurdles to consider, I'm sticking with those that are counted by the skill journal because I cannot count myself.

- Hours of strength or cardio exercise
- Number of spars in martial arts
- Number of chess matches (maybe chess matches won?)
- Number of celestial bodies found with the telescope
Last edited by Trip on November 15th, 2020, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Sorry for the double post, finished my first one for Discovering 75 Celestial Bodies
Spoiler:
+25, 25 celestial bodies found
+50, 50 celestial bodies found
+75, 75 celestial bodies found
+30, LTW completed (Swimming in Cash)
+10, maxed logic
+10, maxed Medical career
+75, $75,000 in funds
+75, 5 birthday parties + cakes (one each for Olla, Sunny, Lila, two for Luna)
+20, completed in one generation
Picture of Olla (competitor), wife Sunny, bio-daughter Luna (fathered by another townie), adopted daughter Luna
Spoiler:
Proof of completion:
Spoiler:

peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Ceresin

1. Do the maxed skills of all the sims in the family count for the points? Eg the spouse/spare children. Or just that of the sims doing the challenges?
no only the competing sim

2. Changing life states is allowed? I'm thinking of starting with a genie and want the option of converting the spouse and if necessary the oldest child. Yes

3. Do I have to do the hurdlers in order 25, 50, 75, 100? Or can I choose to start with any of them? No any order you like

Edit:
4. Can I use buydebug cheat to buy skilling things that are only obtained traveling? I'm thinking of using nectars for one the hurdlers but I don't want to travel if I can avoid it.

If it is a cheat then No, you have to do those things to get the things you are either making or collecting. Hope that helps.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

CeresIn wrote:I love this types of challenges! I am already creating a new game for this. But I have a couple of questions:

2. Changing life states is allowed? I'm thinking of starting with a genie and want the option of converting the spouse and if necessary the oldest child.
3. Do I have to do the hurdlers in order 25, 50, 75, 100? Or can I choose to start with any of them?

Edit:

1 - no only your competing sims skill points and maxed skills count
2. yes you can change lifestate
3. you can do the hurdles in any order you like
4. mmmmm not really because that is a cheat that makes it easy for your sim :nono:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Trip wrote:Some Sims 3 hurdles to consider, I'm sticking with those that are counted by the skill journal because I cannot count myself.

- Hours of strength or cardio exercise
- Number of spars in martial arts
- Number of chess matches (maybe chess matches won?)
- Number of celestial bodies found with the telescope
thank you for those Trip I will add them to the sims 3 lists ^^
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Here is my first completed 100 Hurdle for The Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge

viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6823
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I have a question about this, but I just wanted to double check and make sure. Do we only have until the end of the month to do this, or will this be open to earn the medals (and moved to the Boolprop Challenges) section, so we can try this challenge at any time?

I want to go for each medal, just not sure I'll be able to do that in 11 days. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

This Challenge DOES NOT end at the end of the month. Whenever you want to do the challenges it is up to you. It will be moved to the Boolprop Challenge section at the end of the month.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Does this challenge have an end date?
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

No, this challenge DOES NOT have end date
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Oh thank you. I was worried I would need to do it all before the end of the month and I just now got my game working again.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am making my lists and will be starting today. :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have completed the first challenge of reaching 25 of something - in this case turning vampires

GBOC25 - Turn 25 Vampires {completed}
Zella Paine 1
Zella Paine 2
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

And I have completed my second challenge of completing 50 whims.

GBOC50 - Satisfy 50 Whims {completed}
Shannon Tierney
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

I have created my first Sim and will be starting with the goal to make 25 Friends. viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6843
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Hey everyone :wave:

I am back! Well, trying to be anyway. I have decided to do this challenge as I am diving back into the sims after an almost 1 year hiatus :splat:
Here is the very short intro. More like founder intro. Happy Belated Birthday Boolprop! :party:
SarahSims
Origin ID: SarahSimsPage
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by SarahSims »

Scoring question: for the sims 4, do child skills and aspirations count for points (would only be for the future heir)?
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

No just the competing sim or the heir for the next generation if you have to get that far.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”